No longer designing

julia & nicks mom

<font color=darkorchid>Bad influence on the Tag Fa
I just want to let you all know that I will no longer be designing

My kids and I have both been sick for the last couple of weeks, my grandma passed away

and what was supposed to be a creative way for me to relax and blow off steam has ceased to be fun for me

Thank you all for the great fun I had designing for the last 6 months -

I have made great friends in the DDA

Kate - I'm so sorry that this has stopped being fun for you! I can totally understand how overwhelmed you must be. I do hope that you won't stop hanging around here, though. That would be terribly sad! I know that I speak for everyone when I say that you have spread so much happiness to people and I thank you for that!

Take care of yourself and your family. They have to come first!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I agree,

Thank you so much for all you did for us! I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I know you will be missed making us all kind of cool things!!!

Get Well Soon,

Kate-

My thoughts and prayers are with your family :guilty:

I am just starting here, but do want to thank you for all you have done to help me (ie, which paper to by, designs to see, ideas all around). You are a wonderful lady and I wish you the best!

:grouphug:

As someone who benefited from your designs, I'd like to say thank you for all your hard work, and say how in awe I was/am for all the hard work you (and all the other designers on this board) do and ask nothing in return. :thanks:

I understand and just wanted to express my deep gratitude for all the wonderful designs you have made for me and others on the DIS. You truly made our trip to Disney so special. Without you and Midnite, this board would not exist today. You give so generously, and we have all been blessed by your time and creativity. Thank you for all your hard work, inspiration, time, awesome designs, and expertise. But most importantly, thank you for being such a good friend. That's been the best part of the DDA- my friends.

Hey Kate - I'll share the wine that my friend sent me in Disney!!! I've even got some cool glasses too!!

We love ya - do what's best for your family - and remember, your other family (us) want to say thank you for all that you've done. It wouldn't be the DDA without the queen!

Kate--I'm so sorry that this is no longer fun for you. Thanks so much for all the great designs that you did share. Are you still hanging around to chat or is that no longer fun, too?

I'm hoping after a little time off, you will decide that designing is fun. You are awesome at it.

Whether you design or not, we still care about you!

Beth

I was just getting to know you! You have given me so much help and I have yet to make my first design. I feel compelled to say this…. And… you (thread readers) can all take me out if you’d like, but I will say this anyway. I understand you have had so much going on (according to your post), but as a new DDA member I have read a lot of posts and IMO I think there is more to your leaving/ no more designing. If it is true than I am very sorry to see you stop designing because of that, if you are done (for now and I say for now because all addicts need a fix every now and then) then I thank you and wish you well.

For the rest of you who read this post, I must say this thread can be one nasty thread. I am new to the thread and can’t get over how on one hand you all can be so very loving, helpful and generous. Then you take the other hand and I swear you are all PMSing at the same time. How hard is it to say Thank you, please and forgive people?

Well I am not leaving this thread and I sure hope you come back some day Kate, I would love to see more of your wonderful work. I have enjoyed you and all of the other designers and people in general on this thread.

Kate, I'm sorry to hear that. Your work has been incredible, and thanks for being generous enough to share it! :grouphug:

kc10family said:
I was just getting to know you! You have given me so much help and I have yet to make my first design. I feel compelled to say this…. And… you (thread readers) can all take me out if you’d like, but I will say this anyway. I understand you have had so much going on (according to your post), but as a new DDA member I have read a lot of posts and IMO I think there is more to your leaving/ no more designing. If it is true than I am very sorry to see you stop designing because of that, if you are done (for now and I say for now because all addicts need a fix every now and then) then I thank you and wish you well.

For the rest of you who read this post, I must say this thread can be one nasty thread. I am new to the thread and can’t get over how on one hand you all can be so very loving, helpful and generous. Then you take the other hand and I swear you are all PMSing at the same time. How hard is it to say Thank you, please and forgive people?

Well I am not leaving this thread and I sure hope you come back some day Kate, I would love to see more of your wonderful work. I have enjoyed you and all of the other designers and people in general on this thread.

I think that there is a lot of truth in what you said. What used to be a very supportive and nuturing evirnoment to channel creativity has been met with a lot of snide comments of late. It is wonderful to see so many creative people share their talents with the only request of being given credit where credit is due. Kate has provide hundreds, perhaps thousand of designs to people that she has never met and she did it because it was fun and was a way for her to unstress her life and if it is not fun now then it will only cause more stress. I personally want to thank Kate for sharing her awesome talent with the rest of us and inspiring us to channel our own creativity. She is a wonderful designer and a wonderful and giving person in all aspects of her life. I hope that over time she can find a new avenue, or better yet return to an old avenue of creativity. Your designs will be missed. I hope that you will continue to share your friendship with us.

Deb

Kate, I hope this does not mean you will no longer be chatting on the DDA thread. I for one will really miss your stories about you family and pictures of Julie and Nick. I have enjoyed getting to know you online and hope all goes well in your family. I am so sorry that you have been stressed out lately and hope you get to feeling better. But just know we want to still hang out online with you whether you design or not. Your designs are wonderful but that is not the only thing about you that I have enjoyed. So please continue to be our friend.

Delinda

PS. I do want to thank you for all the wonderful designs you made for me and am so excited about my upcoming trip so I can wear them.

Kate-

It has been a tough couple of months for you!! Thanks for all the designs you have done!! They are some of the most creative things I have seen!!

While I am sad to see you stop I understand the burn out. Please stick around and chat because you are the Queen!!

Interesting piece of information. I was typing Thank You in the title line & what came up was Thank You, Julia & Nick's mom. So this is not the first time I am saying it. I have said it more than once on this board & to my friends & I will continue to say it. You have been an inspiration to me. I have learned a lot about designing from you and some of the other members. I purchased Photo Impact because the founding members recommended it. I spent hours trying to emulate your designs. You will be missed by many. Not only for your talent, but for your niceness. You have given freely of your time & talent and not many would do that. I am sorry that this has ceased to be fun for you. If you are even in Philly, please look me up.
I hope you and your family feel better. I am sorry to hear about your grandmom. I know how hard it is to loose someone you love.
Take gentle care, Penny :grouphug:

kc10family said:

You are correct in your assessment of the situation -

I don't want you to think for one second that the normal posters around here are ever more than wonderful - as matter of fact - sometimes we can be nice to the point of being doormats :rolleyes:

If you notice most of the posters who are :stir: are not regular posters to the board and have made no attempt to join our community - just to stop in and have no regard or appreciation for the fact that the designers around here do it out of the goodness of their hearts

I find it interesting that a lot of once regular designers dropped away from the boards - I guess it just took me longer than most to hit my breaking point

I'm sorry that designing is no longer fun for you. It's hard for a passion to become so much work. I'll miss seeing your wonderful designs, but can completely understand the need to do what is best for you and your family. I hope you'll still be around at least from time to time. What's the DDA without it's queen. :) :hug:

Kate -- You are a truly remarkable lady. From the months of following this thread, it is easy to see you give your heart and soul to everything you do -- from being a terrific mom, a wonderful wife, and an amazing friend. You give 100% to everything you do. Your designs have had a tremendous impact on so many people, including me and my family, but your friendship has meant even more. Thank you for just being you. :flower1:

Sorry to haer that you will no longer be designing.
Do still drop in time to time.
We do so love the QUEEN.
Take care Kate.

Kate,

Everyone here has said it better than I ever could, so on a personal note, I hope if you decide not to design again you find something else that gives you inspiration and pleasure. You and Midnite have done a great thing here.

You're a great friend and I appreciate everything you've done for me, both on the thread and off.

Kate, please, please, please stay and chat with us on the big thread. You always add something special to the thread. I understand you being burned out and am sorry that it has come to this for you. Having had the same thing happen in Girl Scouts for me (different scenario, same basic story), I understand. However, you are the queen and the center of the big thread (designs or no designs). Hope to see you online. Take care of yourself and your family. We love you!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter