No longer designing

julia & nicks mom said:
I just want to let you all know that I will no longer be designing... My kids and I have both been sick for the last couple of weeks, my grandma passed away and what was supposed to be a creative way for me to relax and blow off steam has ceased to be fun for me...
Thank you all for the great fun I had designing for the last 6 months -

I have made great friends in the DDA

Kate -- your creativity and generosity will be missed. I hope we will not also be missing YOU from our board.

Kate I am really sorry to hear that you will no longer be designing. Your talent has been appreciated & will be missed. Thank you for sharing & helping make trips even more magical :goodvibes

Kate,
I am so glad that I found this thread and got to see your amazing designs. You have made my family and friends happy with the T-shirts I got to make using your designs. You and MidNite were such great influences on so many here. Simple words cannot express the gratitude I feel. Thanks again.

Kate,

I want to personally thank you and MidNite, Denise and Momof 2Oh for all of your hard work. To unselfishly give of yourselves in helping make our trip to Disney World the best ever. I will always remember our days spent there.
WHY????
Because of everyone's t-shirt designs.

Kate, the reunion one that you did for the four of us turned out so nice. Cinderella wanted to read it while I was having my picture taken with her. She was so very impressed with it and gave me a hug. I told her a very special person designed it just for the four of us.

MidNite, The first design that you made for the four of us was the Celebr8 one with our favorite characters on the front but then each of us had just our favorite one on the back which was designed by Momof2Oh.
We also used your Welcome Foolish Mortals,(some guy wanted to pay $100 for the shirts but we told him no deal) the Port Orleans FQ, Pop Century, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios and Magic kingdom. I also used Tink on top of the beautiful blue bottle design to put on the hankies and kerchiefs for special Cast Members.

Momof2Oh, We wore your Grumpy missing football shirt and I will use the Penn State and Eagles shirts in the future.

Denise, on the back of the Port Orleans shirt we used your Destination Disney World on the back. Got a lot of compliments on the plane down to Orlando.

Everytime Steffy and I wear the shirts to work it is so funny that we wear the same shirt but days in reverse, kinda like our posting on the board :goodvibes
I look forward to making more shirts in the future for many of our trips to WDW and especially when I see my two grandsons in 5 years wearing their own shirts when we visit Mickey.

Thank You,,,Thank You

I am getting teary eyed just writing this.

Kate whatever you need to do to get back to a safe place, our hearts are with you. :grouphug:

Terry Hartman
slowly becoming a Disney fanatic.

Kate,

I have said to this to you in a PM after you designed a shirt for my girls but I also want to share it here. My DD7 is so amazed that someone we never met put her picture on a shirt for her. You truly have spread Pixie Dust to all. pixiedust:

I hope that you can still enjoy it for your family. It takes so much time just to read & catch up with these threads that I can barely do that. I can't imagine having the time to design. I know you made it so long because you enjoy the pixie dust. I am very thankful to you & the others as trying to design made me cry. :headache:

Thanks Again because you made our October vacation so much more special.

Kate,

Even though I have never used any of your designs, I want to thank you for creating designs and sharing pixie dust with thousands of people. I have truly enjoyed viewing each of your magnificient creations.

You and Midnight have created and inspired many people to try their hand at designing and making shirts. Even though you may not be designing anymore the magic and pixie dust will continue for years.

Remember:
One little spark
Of inspiration
Is at the heart,
Of all creation
Right at the start
Of everything that's new
One little spark
Lights up for you

Take time to get better and spend time with your family. Sending :grouphug: and :wizard: to you and your family.

Becky

Add my big thank you to you, Kate, for the wonderful name designs you did for my niece and nephew for our upcoming trip, and for helping me to find clipart that I was unable to find on my own. I have expressed my thanks to you privately, but I also want to post here to let you know how much the gift of your time was appreciated! You've spread a lot of pixie dust! :wizard:

Kate - I'm so sorry that you've given up the designing - your creations are just amazing. I know things have been hard for you and your family recently and hope that things will get better for you all as the year goes on - because you deserve it.

I hope you continue to stop by our "home" thread because I really have begun to think of you as a friend and home isn't the same without our queen, of designs, of google, of DIY (I still can't get over those bookcases!). Just remember that our thread is so off topic we hardly talk about designing there (shhh don't tell anyone :wink:) and I'm sure your love of Disney, gossip, tv, baking, kids and the Disney High School musical is still alive and well! {OMG Baloo's gonna move us to the CB!!! :rolleyes1:}

:wizard:

Kate,

First off: :grouphug:

Secondly, you know I know where you're coming from. I thoroughly enjoyed doing the designs for everyone, but after about the 50th design, you kinda get pooped. You've done probably 4 or 5 times that many!

It's funny, I first said I would do three designs for people. I enjoyed it so much I just kept going. But then real life gets in the way. It would take from 1 - 2 hours per design - more if I made it in 3D. That's a lot of time away from the family. Plus, our business picked up so I just finally had to throw in the towel. That's also why I started doing so many "generic" designs towards the end of my run...ones anyone could wear or customize themselves.

You've been most gracious to provide so many people with that extra pixie dust to make their WDW vacations extra "magical" and for that you should be applauded. :thumbsup2

I hope you will stick around and keep posting. I think of you and Denise as the glue that holds the DDA together. :smooth:

God bless you.

I am so sorry :sad: that designing is no longer relaxing for you. I hope you and your whole family get better soon. I have loved seeing your designs and wishing I could be creative as you. Or all the other great designers around here. I hope you stay around and chat with us. I am so sorry that people have made rude comments lately and have stole your designs for their own.
:hug: pixiedust:

Well I wanted to chime in and say thanks. You helped make my daughter's 3rd birthday quite memorable. You will be missed.

You started the autograph page just so it would be easier in the future to find and I still want a copy of your pages if that's ok. No designing just zipping a file and sending. :thumbsup2

In passing:

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your fields
And until we meet again, May God hold
you in the hollow of his hand

Your Friend,

Matthew

Kate,

Although I'm not a big poster I do read the boards daily especially this one. I inspire to be creative but it's a struggle for me and I really have enjoyed seeing all the great designs you do! Thanks so much for doing the names for our family the boys are so excited to get to wear them on our upcoming trip. :teeth: Take some time off from "designing" for others and just do something for yourself but don't completely go away. :grouphug:

Just wanted to add something to this. Firstly, to say that I hope you and your family are well on the road back to health. Secondly, to say that I am completely in awe of what you guys do here. I have spent many nights looking at some of the marvellous designs created. Not being an artistic person myself, I am stunned at the talent I see here. Thirdly, I am not sure what has gone on that was referred to earlier in this thread but I certainly hope that nobody on the DIS has been responsible for your decision and I hope you don't let a minority of insensitive people (guessing here - and reading between the lines so apologies if I'm miles off track) drive you away from something you love.

I will continue to visit here and admire everyone's handiwork and I'm sure there are many others who appreciate all the effort and magic you have created here :grouphug:

I never post but wanted to add my thanks to you for your generosity. I have followed this thread for half a year and have been amazed by your generosity and creativity. Thanks for designing my kids T-shirts several months ago and for making nap time fun for me for these last several months. :)

Kari

I only started lurking here about two months ago or so, but it didn't take long for me to realize how generous and talented you and other designers here are!

Your talent will be missed! I must admit I'm a little confused about the full story of what happened, but if I ever added to your frustarion, I am sincerely sorry.

I too just started coming here a short time ago and have only posted a few times. But I do know that you will be missed. Your generosity was uncomparable. I do consider myself some-what artistic; more with a brush and paints than with a computer and I am truely impressed with your work. Your designs are awesome, a true work of art. Your creativity is amazing. I hope you find another outlet for your creativity.
I can understand how the politics of message boards sometimes ruin a good thing. It's sad that a few nasty people can ruin a good thing.
I hope your family has a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,

Crissy

I just want to say thank you for the design that you did for me. It made our trip special, and we really appreciate you, your work, and your tips. I am a newbie here, but I've been doing this kind of stuff for a while on another board, and I know how tiring it can be when you don't feel the appreciation.

((hugs)) - take a break, take a vacation, but remember that there is no place like home.

:)
Wendy

I am a newcomer here, but I have benefited from Kates' designs and kindness.

Thank you Kate for all you have done.

I am sorry for you loss, and I hope you and your children are on the road to recovery.

:grouphug:

That's one of Kate's designs in the pic below

Kate...I'm so sorry you have stopped getting that magical joy out of designing. I am so glad you were able to do my designs a few weeks ago. I have even figured out how to flip them...thanks to you and others here!!! Not a small feat for someone like me. And they look terrific...I can't wait to spring them on the two young ladies. So...hope your family starts to get healthy again. I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing....that's a hard thing to deal with.
Here's hoping that sometime, down the road, you'll feel like designing again. If not...well, that would be our loss.
Be well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter