No Tapestry of Dreams???

Josiah Harper

Earning My Ears
Hopefully, the official Disney site is erroneous, but Tapestry of Dreams is not listed as a parade option from October 27 through October 31.

Has anyone heard anthing "official" about this? Or is this merely a Web master's oversight?

Joe

There is no oversight, there is no ToD for those days. I called CRO and confirmed it and have started making new plans.

Did you notice MK has no FW the same days and MGM closes at 6:30, also.

Does that mean when i go there Nov. 12-16 I will not beable to see ToD?
That was one of the reasons i'm going down to see all of the Parades.:(:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Y'know, I can deal with earlier closings, but when Disney cancels a parade that's being touted as part of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration--i.e., Tapestry of Dreams--the Company has reached a new low in terms of business ethics. After all, they're pumping the PR machine globally very very hard for this Celebration, and then refuse to deliver one of the related events! (Never mind that it's essentially the same as the Tapestry of Nations; the point is, they're not marketing it that way.) I can deal with no fireworks at the MK--after all, they're not part of the Celebration, per se--but this new move just bites the big one!

Joe

The new times are 6:30 on Fri and 6:30 & 8:10 on Sat. I just confirmed this with special CRO rep. That called to reschedule our cancelled 9:30 PM Hoop Dee Doo...

My DH just called and they "had no information for the ToD parade after Oct 27".
I just hope they are getting their act together and will have at least 1 parade during
the week.

I read about ToD only happening on Saturdays on the DVC board and thought I'd check here to see if anyone had other information. Our trip is in a couple of days. I agree that cutting ToD to one day a week is really low when it is advertised as part of the 100th celebration! I loved ToN and was really looking forward to seeing it. Let's hope it happens more than once a week. I wonder what will be axed tomorrow when I log on?

Ok...let me get this straight....The park hours change - I can deal with that. EE no more - now you've got my attention. Now they cancel the ToD except on the weekends. Holy smokes!!!

I understand business and I understand the need to make cost cutting moves - but charging me the same for my passes and still reducing the attactions...what gives? I'm a DVC member and I will continue to go to the parks, but I have been loyal - no car rental, stay on property...etc. and this is the thanks I get....."thanks for nuttin Danny."

Hopefully these are temporary moves and once the economy rebounds the parks will as well.

One last thing - BRING BACK THE BREAKFAST BUFFET AT SPOODLES.:mad:

If Disney cancels all weekday shows, fireworks and parades, that will sure make it hard for those who come from out of town, out of state, or out of the country, to be able to see those things, especially if they are only going to be at WDW for one weekend during their stay.

With all the other cuts, this would just give people another reason to cancel or at least delay trips.

What a Catch-22 WDW is getting itself into.

Folks...could this be a security issue rather than a monetary issue? Just a thought.

How do you mean a security issue? Is Bin Laden sending secret messages in the parade or something???

Folks...could this be a security issue rather than a monetary issue?
Uhhhh.....no.
How do you mean a security issue? Is Bin Laden sending secret messages in the parade or something???
LOL!! He's warping all the minds of our children to follow him!! :D

Has this been confirmed? Last I heard no shows were cancelled

Hopefully, YoHo, what you heard is correct. I posed the original question about ToD on the basis of no listing of the parade on the official Walt Disney World Web site.

It certainly doesn't make sense--particularly in light of the fact that World Showcase is the only (section of a) park open from 7 until 9 p.m.--and with no ToD, there'll be very little to do besides eat and shop.

Hmmm--or could that be Disney's plan????

Joe

Its for real. Its even been on the news here, in the papers..Sad, they haven't thought of the most obvious solution. Lower tix and people will more than likely return, spending much needed tourist dollars on food and souvies!

Cut every day of the week? including weekends?

By security issue I mean perhaps Disney wants to avoid large groups of people standing together to watch a parade. Prime targets there folks. These are strange times.

...Disney hasn't canceled any of its other parades. Why would Tapestry of Dreams be such a target?

Sorry, but that theory just doesn't check!

Until I hear it from someone who's actually been there (or until Disney actually puts out an official announcement), I refuse to believe that ToD (or any parade) has been cancelled. We've all read the posts that say Disney is only setting hours, etc. one week in advance. This I do believe.

Disney's web site has been notoriously UNRELIABLE for quite a while - now is not the time to start relying on it! By the time they have next week's hours decided and communicated and posted, it will be well into November! LOL!

I would prefer that Disney get its acts and communications in better sync, but having worked in a large, multi-departmental corporation, these kind of communication problems don't surprise me in the least (bureaucrats change/move S_L_O_W_L_Y) .

Sign me -

"Waiting to hear first hand reports from those who visit next week"

By security issue I mean perhaps Disney wants to avoid large groups of people standing together to watch a parade. Prime targets there folks. These are strange times.

By only having it one or two days a week, the crowds will be huge on those days for the parade. That would create more of a security issue. The times I saw Tapestry of Nations, the crowds were managable, not enough to create a major security issue.

The part that bugs me is that everything is being moved to weekends only. How will people who only have 1 week or less at WDW be able to see everything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter