No Tapestry of Dreams???

By security issue I mean perhaps Disney wants to avoid large groups of people standing together to watch a parade. Prime targets there folks. These are strange times.
If they wouldn't want large groups of people gathering, then cancel Fantasmic, all the parades, heck just close all the parks because there are large groups waiting to get in. Or heck, just let the terrorists win and close the parks all together.:rolleyes: If ToD were cancelled, it would be to save $. I sure hope they don't!! :(

Over recent weeks I've tried to adjust my way of thinking to accept closed attractions, shorter hours, later openings, etc. But just suppose those of us who travel over 1,000 miles and have only one weekend during our trip, would like to see MK fireworks AND ToD and Illuminations, how do they suggest we do it? Are we expected to watch the early ToD, race to MK to see their fireworks and just forget about Illuminations? Or should we stay at Epcot and see ToD and Illuminations and just forget MK altogether. There seems to be no common sense involved in some of these decisions. We can't afford to cancel at this late date, but push is coming to shove and there really needs to be an end to all the cutting. It is so sad. Yes, it's only a vacation, but we don't get there very often and it takes time and money (lots of money) to go to Disney.:mad:

Mr Eisner,
People save an entire lifetime to visit WDW one time.......:mad:

We're down there in four weeks. Only a couple of days but we really wanted to see TOD. It was a big hit for our family last year when it was TON. Is it really cut to only once per week?

We are leaving tomorrow (Yeah!) for 10 days. I will have my laptop (self employed, have to check e-mail) and I'll let everyone know if ToD is on during the week.

I hope so. We are Disney Vets, but my niece and her family are newbies and I'd like not
to have to jame ToD, FIS & SpectroMagic all in one night! Jeezze!

Yoho -- do you think Disney did a survey on how many people would not mind if there was no Tapestry of Dreams? what were the results.

They do not do "surveys". The do Guest Service Measurment. If several people make requests, they will make recommendations to change something. Thats all. None was done on entertainment. Its simply cost cutting. Bottom line is all that matters.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checked the official WDW site--the hours for the week of October 28 through November 3 have been posted. Tapestry of Dreams is ON each evening at its regular times--6:15 and 8:10 (I think those are the times, but you may wish to verify on the site).

The only bummer is that DAK is closing at 4:00 p.m. each day. This *has* to be unprecedented! The parade occurs at 4, then everyone is herded out of the park.

Has there *ever* been a park that was open only seven hours during the day?

At least I'm hearing that with the paucity of crowds, the quality of one's vacation is about the same--if not better--than it would be if park hours were normal.

Originally posted by Dr. Cocktail
Yoho -- do you think Disney did a survey on how many people would not mind if there was no Tapestry of Dreams? what were the results.

if they did that survey, I have a feeling an overwhelming majority would say bring back ToN. Heck, IMHO, I'd rather have LightMagic going down WS than ToD.

I just spoke with a friend who is a performer in ToD, and she said this rumor is completely false - ToD schedules will remain the same. They will be performed twice nightly, weather permitting, seven days a week. Glad to hear that this rumor is false! :)

So that means WDW's official site is *right* for once! Better make a note--it may not happen again! But seriously, I'm overjoyed to hear ToD isn't the victim of the budget cuts.

Joe

Disney's Website, if you click on November park hours has updated information for Oct 28 - Nov 2 and does show it performing every night.
It also shows that Animal Kingdom will now close at 4:00, with parade being at 4:00 PM.

WH-HO!

THANK YOU GOD for that just being a rumor!

if they did that survey, I have a feeling an overwhelming majority would say bring back ToN. Heck, IMHO, I'd rather have LightMagic going down WS than ToD.

Have you seen it? All I have seen are some video's at Laughingplace.com. It looks fine, but it is not as good as ToN. There is actulaly singing in English. Plus, the puppets seem only to be around to be used as insturments. And I just don't think the theme of the new parade fits the World Showcase...

I saw the videos and pictures and I think ToD looks better. The puppets look more ceorgraphed (sp?) and I like the new music additions (except for the kid's wishes in the music) I'm not going to make any judments on if it's good or not until I see it in person this coming June! :D

The puppets seem more choreographed?!?!!? 2 of them, hammer and Disc, have almost no chreographed routine!!! But then again, if the performern knows what they're doing, they can make up their own routine

I personally think that ToD looks cheap... VERY cheap... Wal-Mart cheap. (nothing wrong w/ Wal Mart.. I just don't think that when one pays for Saks, they get WalMart)

Well I know about the hammer and disk man. They just go around and have fun and interact with the guests. The rest of the puppets just looked like they were acutally dancing, and when I saw ToN last year they were interacting with the crowd most of the time. :rolleyes:

As I said before, they should bring back the Millennium edition of ToN after this "celebration" is over. I would fly down imediatly to welcome back The Sage of Time and would tape it. If you miss the old ToN, go to disneydreams.net and they have the WHOLE parade on video. It is about 12 MB big, so it is a big download for us 56K users.

I think this new one is total different than the other one. I just have to see it with my own eyes.

Originally posted by Testtrack321
As I said before, they should bring back the Millennium edition of ToN after this "celebration" is over. I would fly down imediatly to welcome back The Sage of Time and would tape it. If you miss the old ToN, go to disneydreams.net and they have the WHOLE parade on video. It is about 12 MB big, so it is a big download for us 56K users.

I think this new one is total different than the other one. I just have to see it with my own eyes.

that would be great... if disney hadn't DESTROYED the sage costumes, and cut the staffs in half and given them to the MGM parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter