Not your average Mickey bathroom...

Very cute.

The ones you used for the shower curtain - did you laminate them or spray them with anything to avoid having them get damaged from the water?
Also how did you get the backs off of them?

Interested in borrowing the idea for my bedroom or for the upstairs bath

That is really cool, I love it!

If I am not over stepping myself, have you thought about a hidden mickey in your flowers? Put an antenna topper on a skewer and hide it in the flowers. Like the pink princess one or just a colorful one.

Brilliant idea!

The ones you used for the shower curtain - did you laminate them or spray them with anything to avoid having them get damaged from the water?
Also how did you get the backs off of them?

Yes, I laminated them. I just cut out the Mickey head shape, mounted it onto some card stock and had them laminated then cut them out again. Just make sure that they are really glued down well, because when you cut them after they are laminated you dont want the Mickey head to seperate from the cardstock and get wet. I guess the smart thing to do would be to have it completely cut out and then each piece laminated, but I wasn't sure the machine could do the small pieces.

SOOO awesome! I have a mickey bathroom and am always looking for a non traditional way of decorating...I may have to get me some paint chips in my bathroom colors...such a creative idea! I have pics of my bathroom if anyone wants to see, i just didnt wanna hyjack the thread!

:banana: more pictures! love the colors in the bath from the op, I can never get the mickey heads off without ripping the paper???

I am sooooooo in love with your bathroom! I love Mickey stuff, but understated....I think your bathroom is fun but not over the top! The colors are great, too! I'm moving into my own apartment for the first time in the fall....and let me tell you, I think my future bathroom will look quite familiar to you! :lmao:

I was google-ing Mickey bathroom and ended up here! I never thought to search here FIRST!

Love your ideas! What a creative and inexpensive way to redecorate!

Would love to see more pics of everyone else's Mickey bathrooms!

Any suggestions for what adhesive to use if I wanted to put laminated paint chips directly on to the wall?
THANKS!!

Thank you all for your kind comments....and to think it all started with a gallon of "oops" paint and a rainy afternoon in Home Depot! :rotfl:

I think I'll copy you, too! The colors already match my bedroom, and it's the most affordable bathroom redo I've ever seen.

Where did you get the pretty votive holders? Were they a set, or did you buy them individually?

I think I'll copy you, too! The colors already match my bedroom, and it's the most affordable bathroom redo I've ever seen.

Where did you get the pretty votive holders? Were they a set, or did you buy them individually?

Actually, they are plastic shot glasses! I picked them up at Ross when they first started putting out all of the summer/ outdoor dining stuff. If you can't find them there, Pier 1 ususally has lots of pretty colored glass things.

The thing I liked about my bathroom, was the fact that everything was changeable. Nothing was painted on, or stenciled. Basically all accessories. So it is easy to do in an apartment, or rental home.

What a cheerful bathroom! I wish I could think of things like that. You should be very proud of yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter