November 19, 2005 Thanksgiving Magic Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hans Solo, hope the pixie dust works and you get that week off.

Kelly, my kids have conferences prior to Thanksgiving,too. I am planning on doing my conference prior to leaving. Basically, our school system sets aside a special 3 days for conferences but you can request one at any time. So, I am either going to request to speak to teachers before, or after the cruise. I am fortunate that my son's school has a website and I communicate with his teachers via email. So here's some "peer pressure" to join us. I would love to get the chance to hang out with you on the Magic. This last cruise went way too fast.

Hey Kenny, I think Shawn and I are going to do a quick 4 day Wonder early next year. I am thinking March because I don't want to worry too much about snowstorms when we fly. But, we might go sooner if the price is right. Tell Mary I could use a Bingo partner. It would be "excellent".

Have a great week everyone!
Melissa
NeverlandClub:crazy:

We booked the Thanskgiving cruise on the Magic 7day (3/27-4/3/04) cruise! We originally booked that cruise to hold for a 2006 March cruise, but the more we thought about it the 2 CC days was too much to pass on!! Can't wait.

Melissa,
I wish I could reschedule conferences, but I'm the teacher!:teeth: It looks like they are moving the dates up by about 2 weeks for 2004, so hopefully they will do the same for 2005.

Heck, if it were my own kids, I would have booked the cruise before I got off the ship!

Well, that does make a difference, my bad. Didn't realize you were the teacher. :blush:
I sure hope they change the schedule so that you can come. I will keep my fingers crossed. :cheer2:

*still blushing*
Melissa
NeverlandClub:wave:

bhawks,

Welcome to the Thanksgiving 2005 cruise meet, As you have probably ascertained from the postings, a few of us were on The Magic Easter cruise and have rebooked for the Thanksgiving 2005. So we are keeping this thread going to keep our great friendships alive.

Welcome again.

In a few weeks I will be putting together a list of our Dis members sailing of this cruise.

kennyk

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!

Just gave the deposit!!! It'll be myself, my husband Mike, daughter Dierdre (will be just shy of 5), and new baby who won't be so new by then (14 mos)! This is my birthday present - I am turning 30 9/10/05 (birthdays are a BIG deal to me and I plan ahead!), and a DCL cruise was always what I wanted. Once I heard about this cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay, I knew we were in!

Well, 570 days everyone.....

See you there!

Erin :D

And welcome aboard. So glad someone else will have a baby, even though mine will be 2 when we travel. Hope your pregnancy is going smoothly and quickly.;) Take care!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

How's it going, I just got home from work, and went to my email and saw the post from mrsltg, I was just about to welcome her and you beat me to the punch

How's the baby doing with his teeth.

ken

Would you believe after cutting 4 teeth on the Magic, now she is cutting 4 more!!! I hope that it slows down to 1 or 2 after this. Other than that, all is well. Briar is now saying "tiss tiss" and putting her face up for you to kiss. Sooooo cute. I can"t believe she'll be 1 next week.:sad: It goes too fast.

Guess who responded to one of my cruise reports? Gemma from Palos MOM. What are the odds that she would read my report that just so happened to be praising the daughter she is desperately missing. I got goosebumps! Cool, huh?

Hope all is well with you & yours!:wave:

Melissa
NeverlandClub

Thanks for the warm welcome, Kenny and Melissa! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! A definite plus is that a expecting and then having a new baby makes the time fly by! I know it'll be January before I blink, but I have to be careful, I don't want to wish those sweet baby days away....

Good luck with your teether, Melissa. Dierdre's teeth seemed to come in one right after the other and I think she spent about 4 months with a constant low-grade fever from it. A little un-kosher but it worked... a q-tip dipped in scotch and rubbed on the effected area. It's old-fashioned, but boy was it great!

Have a great day!

Hi Erin. We've done the whiskey on the gums thing in the past and it does work, doesn't it? I should get some and try it with Briar. I did use a little of my wine when we were on the cruise because she was getting so loud at dinner. Her face was priceless!:scared: We all had a good laugh at that. Whew, this week is just so hard because I am still trying to get my house back in order from being away and I am up to my ears in PTA stuff. I have to learn to say NO, instead of.... sure, I can do that, too. :crazy:
Anyway, thanks for the tip. I let you know how it works with my BriarPatch.

Melissa

We rebooked for thanksgiving on our March 13th Magic Western trip, it will our Daughter's 3rd birthday. I am excited about the 2 trips to Castaway Cay, I never really liked the Key West stop anyways.
Hope to get to know all of you better over the next 19 months.

Thom

Hi Thom,

Welcome to the Thanksgiving cruise meet thread. Many of us were on the Easter cruise and have rebooked for the Thanksgiving cruise. If there is any questions we can help you with just ask.

I see you are new to the DIS boards. There are two great sites hosted by DIS members that have all kinds of info on them. They are www:dcltribute.com and www.castawayclub.com.

Enjoy the boards and ask any questions that come to mind. We are all here to help each other.

Again welcome.

kennyk

Happy to have you aboard. I am sure if we all keep this thread going we will have plenty of time to get to know each other.
Welcome to our cruise thread and to the DIS boards. So much to learn and share here!

Melissa

Well we just got off the 4/17 Eastern cruise. Was a little rockin do to 18 - 20 foot seas the first two days! None the less we enjoyed it so much we booked the 11/19/05 Thanksgiving trip. We have done the eastern twice now and really wanted to do a western! When my wife heard about the 2 days at Castaway we were sold, (the 10% onboard discount and credit didn't hurt either). We booked our last 4/17 cruise through AAA, so when we did this one onboard we were asked if we still wanted to go through AAA again, that way we got the on board booking perks plus the AAA perks!

Well, I wonder what the menu will be on Thanksgiving????pirate:
:confused: :cool:

Welcome aboard kzfamily!
Wow, those waves must have really rocked the boat. Hopefully our November cruise will be smoother. So who does your crew consist of? Any kids? I have 4. Can't believe that when we cruise again my oldest will be a teenager! :earseek:

Looking forward to getting to know all of our cruising buddies over the coming months. ( I refuse to do a counter yet, its just depressing how many days. I prefer to count by months, much lower number :)

Melissa

It will be my wife and I with our two sons who are 8 and 10 now. Still trying to talk other family members into going along.

The kids can't wait till the next cruise! 10 yr. old really got into the pin trading on the last cruise!

Welcome, kzfamily! Seems like a lot of people rebook while onboard- I have warned my DH that we will need to build another $750 into the trip budget to do just that!

Melissa-

How is the teething coming? Hope your little one is feeling better!

We found out on Friday that we will be sailing with our daughter and SON!!! That's right - a little boy is on the way! He'll only be 14 months when we cruise (rough life!), so I'll need lots of information on Flounders.

Have a great day, everyone!

Briar seems to be getting a little better, she has 4 more teeth almost through. I just hope she takes a break for a week or so.:crazy:

We will be using Flounders for Briar so Grandma can have some down time and go to Brunch or Dinner with us in Palos. I loved the sitters there, they were so good when my Redhead was little. Plus, I feel like it will give Briar her "own" time to play on the cruise. They often take them into the Oceaneer Club to play.

Time sure seems to be flying by. Congrats on your son! Funny to think that he isn't even born and we're discussing a trip for after his first birthday! But it will be here before we all know it.

Wishing you a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy!Take care.

Melissa
NeverlandClub
:wave:

Page 2 , OH NO!!!

I can't let this thread go to page two. So here I am moving it back to the top.

Well I know we are not as exciting as the CA. cruises but to us we can't wait. Hurry up Nov 2005.

Kennyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter