November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

@Oneanne and @PollyannaMom I feel the same way. Things here in Ohio are getting bad and bad quick. We went up almost 1000 cases since yesterday. We are at 8071. We are looking at a bit of a lock down starting next week. Our Governor gave a week for things to turn around before he closes bars, restaurants and gyms. We will if he fallows though come Thursday. Some hospitals have stopped elective surgeries for anyone that would have to stay in the hospital after. My moms district has almost 30 positive cases and over 300 in quarantine and my district has almost 20 cases and 49 quarantined through contact tracing. Schools are slowing going full remote and I have a feeling that our governor will close schools shortly. We are worse then we were in March. And the anxiety that I had in march and April is creeping back up.
I'm giving myself this weekend to get some things done, like a quick haircut, stocking up the cupboard and freezer and some Christmas shopping in local shops, then it'll be self-isolating for four weeks, as much as possible. I'll still be able to do my drives and I'm not on furlough so it isn't the same as back in the Spring, but I do feel the need to hunker down. Washington has been mask-mandatory for a long time and compliance is high in my area, but it's the community spread with private maskless gatherings and symptomless attendees that is driving up the numbers.

Washington has been mask-mandatory for a long time and compliance is high in my area, but it's the community spread with private maskless gatherings and symptomless attendees that is driving up the numbers.

We have the mask mandate since like June or July. It was good for awhile but people are not following it any longer. We are having the cases trace back to parties, weddings and funerals.

Sigh. Another weekend home. I have a good supply of food in the house so I don’t even have a grocery run planned. Will check out Netflix and look for a good movie. I do have to remind myself that we’re safe at home, not stuck at home!

Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend!
On DD's birthday, we watched "Crazy Rich Asians." It was outstanding!!! For whatever reason, we never saw it in the theater. I highly recommend it.

Another favorite is "Love, Actually." I've seen it more times than I can count.

DS1 plans to propose to his girlfriend Saturday! I'm so honored he wants us there. Don't think we can go, though, because an hour before he called we got a text from the twins' uncle. They spent Saturday with their brothers and on Friday one of their brothers was with someone who has since tested positive. They're all getting tested tomorrow, but won't know results until next week. DH and I are trying to think of a way to be there and still keep others safe. Haven't come up with any ideas. DS1 was sweet and said he could put it off until next weekend (assuming the results are negative!). He's a bit of a nervous wreck trying to plan so everything goes just right, so I think he should just do it Saturday!!

After that phone call and the tears I wanted to cry but didn't, I ate a piece of the pumpkin roll I made yesterday. Not the best decision to eat my emotions! But I stopped at one piece, and pumpkin is healthy, right?! :sad2:
That is just the sweetest thing. I hope all goes smoothly. Maybe someone can videotape it for you to watch. 💕👩‍❤️‍👨💕💍💕

All of the cases in my school are directly traced to a social gathering. The three of us have been so careful. The only place I go is school and the gas station. DH has been working all along, does groceries, and occasionally other stores. DD attends school online, and the only place she goes is the post office and gas station.

For her birthday, she face-timed her friends. My nephew, who is her Godfather, was surprised that she hasn't seen her friends in person since March. He owns a restaurant, and they opened up for outdoor dining and take-out. Right now they are open for socially distanced indoor dining. He also sells high-end gourmet groceries. Because he deals with the public and still eats out himself, he figured we were also. Normally we go to New York for Christmas to spend the day with him and his family. Not this year. It will be very difficult to break it to him that we just don't feel safe.

It’s just very easy for people not experiencing the virus themselves to let their guard down and maybe take chances they wouldn’t have in the spring.

I think that's exactly it. I actually have a cousin (in another state) who is currently positive. He's quarantining and doing OK, but it definitely brings it home, and makes me re-think the almost "normal" patterns I've fallen back into (like stopping at the store for something on the way home from work instead of making do until grocery day like I would have at the beginning). I wear a mask, of course, but I'm definitely out more than I was then.

And I do worry about the holidays. The novelty of the kind of alternative things people did for those early holidays (Easter, Mothers' Day) has worn off, and I'm afraid a lot of people will get together even if it makes them uncomfortable, for fear of hurting other family members' feelings.

On DD's birthday, we watched "Crazy Rich Asians." It was outstanding!!! For whatever reason, we never saw it in the theater. I highly recommend it.

Another favorite is "Love, Actually." I've seen it more times than I can count.
I love Love Actually! Even though I am sad for Emma Thompson. But we haven’t seen Crazy Rich Asians so that’s a great recommendation!

DS1 has decided to propose outside at Multnomah Falls (you should google it--gorgeous!). We believe we can be there and be safe. Cannot wait.

Not looking forward to my usual Saturday weigh in. On the other hand, it'll be a good reminder to start eating healthier (as in no pumpkin roll!) since at some point there'll be a wedding!!!

Didn't get much sleep last night since we had a big storm. The wind woke me up at 3:00 and I didn't sleep well after that. Was glad I worked from home so I could make a pot of tea. I was much more alert after that was gone! I tried to drink lots of water, too, so I would be too full for the munching that happens when I'm tired!

Our governor has declared a "freeze." It starts Wednesday (so restaurants can use up their supplies) and goes for at least two weeks. I'm sure there was a mad rush to stock up by everyone today. We didn't leave the house!

DS1 has decided to propose outside at Multnomah Falls (you should google it--gorgeous!). We believe we can be there and be safe. Cannot wait.

Not looking forward to my usual Saturday weigh in. On the other hand, it'll be a good reminder to start eating healthier (as in no pumpkin roll!) since at some point there'll be a wedding!!!

Didn't get much sleep last night since we had a big storm. The wind woke me up at 3:00 and I didn't sleep well after that. Was glad I worked from home so I could make a pot of tea. I was much more alert after that was gone! I tried to drink lots of water, too, so I would be too full for the munching that happens when I'm tired!

Our governor has declared a "freeze." It starts Wednesday (so restaurants can use up their supplies) and goes for at least two weeks. I'm sure there was a mad rush to stock up by everyone today. We didn't leave the house!
I googled Multnomah Falls. Breathtaking. I'm so happy for you and your family. This pandemic is temporary, but LOVE...LOVE IS FOREVER. Congratulations!🍾🥂

I’m on a nonfiction kick right now. Just finished Everyone Behaves Badly by Lesley Blume about Paris in the twenties and Hemingway writing The Sun Also Rises. He used his friends as characters in the book as his marriage was falling apart. Loved it! I just picked up A Bookstore in Berlin by Francoise Frenkel. It’s a memoir of her years running a bookstore until Kristallnacht when she had to go into hiding.

I've had this since it came out in September and am finally getting around to reading it... partly because I've joined the online book club meeting Cait is hosting and the first session is tomorrow and partly because I'm using the coming sequestered weeks to focus on personal growth, like I did in the Spring. And the things I want most from now and the end of the year is to be intentional and to not just let the time slip away.

An intentional life-I like the sound of that. Going to check if my library owns a copy.
They do not, but have her previous one about getting rid of her possessions-I might reserve that one and see if her new book is available elsewhere in the state system.

Hope you have a good and relaxing Sunday to get you recharged for another week.

It’s been a nice weekend so far-did outside things yesterday, watched a PBS broadcast of Les Miserables and made a Cooking Light ziti recipe.
Today we’ll watch football and will try to get out for walk later in the day when the trail isn’t so busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter