November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

That is a great idea! Everything I read says how beneficial it is to get that 20 minutes of sunshine/vitamin D, especially in the winter month.
So today was a little different than usual. We had virtual conferences tonight, which our school allowed us to do from home. I had about an hour break between some of my conferences, so I put on my shoes and went for a walk around my development. But was starting to get dark, but it still felt good to get out in the fresh air. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow, but if not I’ll try to get outside at school! It really felt good!!!

I enjoyed walking later in the day-it really helped with my 3:00 snacking.

Made a cabbage casserole for dinner last night. We both liked it and a serving was a generous amount.

Today my grandson will stay the night and work virtually from our house Thursday. He is always good for my step count!

Woohoo - I’m finally seeing a teeny tiny drop in weight, which is good since the last few weeks it’s been on the rise.

Woohoo - I’ve been doing better with my eating.

Woohoo - I got outside for a walk yesterday between my conferences

Woohoo - I did about half of my conferences last night. So the next two conference nights won’t be as busy.

I have a not so great woohoo that goes along with a woohoo.

Yesterday morning our internet went out. It is still out. It is so aggravating. I didn't want to deal with working off of the hotspot because it is slow so I took some PTO for the morning and then just took the whole day. It was such a nice day out with the temps in the 70's and sunny with a nice breeze. I decided to do my November 5k. I ended up walking 4 miles because I was going off of my fitbit. When I realized I had to have done 3 miles I tracked it on the google map my run. I had done over 3 miles at that point. I had them make my way back home so it was slightly over 4 miles. I did the 4 miles in 80 minutes and I had checked my time when I was about the 3.1 mile time and it was at 60. This is 15 minutes faster then the last 5k.

So today was a little different than usual. We had virtual conferences tonight, which our school allowed us to do from home. I had about an hour break between some of my conferences, so I put on my shoes and went for a walk around my development. But was starting to get dark, but it still felt good to get out in the fresh air. Of course it’s supposed to rain tomorrow, but if not I’ll try to get outside at school! It really felt good!!!
I go out to my Ford Escape to “escape” the school building and take a mask break twice a day, once for lunch and the 2nd time during the kids’ special. It’s an opportunity to get some steps in and get fresh air. The neighborhood isn’t safe, so the only place to go is my vehicle. It feels so good to sit there with the windows open without my mask.

The rest of the teachers were eating in the teachers’ lounge together without socially distancing until last week when the principal shut it down. They now eat together in a larger room socially distanced.

I need to get away from everyone for a mental health break, a mask break, a walk, fresh air, and sunshine. I look forward to it every day.

Woohoo...
... I got out for a short walk last night, in the dark and drizzle. I'm going to start doing a short mid-day walk to get away from the computer and in to the fresh air, when there may be some sunlight.
...my new desk has already arrived. I'm not quite ready for it and have more rearranging to do but that happens tonight and I should be sitting at it this time tomorrow.
... a big gap in communication came to light yesterday during another deployment, but fortunately was easy to recover from and I was able to not take the blame on to myself.

Goodness knows, we all need something to cheer us up and make us laugh these days. So I am grateful for these escapes from reality.

After 40 years my husband makes me laugh every day. He finds people so interesting and finds the funny in every day events.

Will Farrell and Kate McKinnon make me laugh because they’re so willing to be ridiculous. Jimmy Fallon and his thank you notes bit always are funny to me.

I love a series of historical mysteries by Catriona McPherson. Think PG Wodehouse but the main character is a 40 year old upper class matron solving murders in 1930s Scotland with her best friend. I laugh out loud at least once!

Goodness knows, we all need something to cheer us up and make us laugh these days. So I am grateful for these escapes from reality.

After 40 years my husband makes me laugh every day. He finds people so interesting and finds the funny in every day events.

Will Farrell and Kate McKinnon make me laugh because they’re so willing to be ridiculous. Jimmy Fallon and his thank you notes bit always are funny to me.

I love a series of historical mysteries by Catriona McPherson. Think PG Wodehouse but the main character is a 40 year old upper class matron solving murders in 1930s Scotland with her best friend. I laugh out loud at least once!
I’m fortunate to live with a part-time comedienne. My DD is hilarious. We make each other laugh, but she makes me run to the bathroom to avoid wetting my pants.

My favorite movie genre is comedy, and I laugh at the old Jerry Lewis movies as much as the modern day comedies with Melissa McCarthy and Adam Sandler. SNL is my favorite show, old and current episodes.

Laughter is the best medicine.

I’m thankful for the sound of my kids laughter. I’m sure most people would agree that a baby’s giggles are best. But my babies still often get a case of the giggles, you know, the ones that are uncontrollable and bring tears to your eyes. And once they get going, I can’t control myself. Laughter truly is contagious!

I also enjoy Will Farrell and Jimmy Fallon as well as Kevin Hart. There was an episode of The Tonight Show where Jimmy Fallon had Kevin Hart go on a rollercoaster and another time brought out some animals. The clips on YouTube make we laugh repeatedly! So I’m thankful for the comedians and also YouTube and other technology that gives us access to these funny clips when we need them most!

Thankful Thursday comes at a good time for me. I've just been worn out by everything lately, and need to refocus a little.
My DS is the funny one in our family, and I'm really looking forward to having him home (a week from tomorrow! :tigger: )

I also love giggling with the kids I tutor. They are five, and so many things are hilarious when you're five. :rotfl2:

And I'll add my two furry friends. :cat::cat: They do the funniest things sometimes!

DS makes me laugh because he is so much like me. We both tend to say stupid stuff. Since he was about 5, maybe a little younger, if we are having carrots for dinner he calls them corn. He still does this and is dead serious every time that we are having corn. Once he realizes it we all laugh. I have been know to ask the question "I didn't know that buffalo had wings" and I did argue once with my husband (we were dating at the time) that there were 60 cents in a dollar.

DD is very witty like her father. She has a come back for everything and most of the time I just have to laugh.

DH and I like to send memes and gifs that we find that are funny. This has gotten us far in this pandemic. Most of the time they make me laugh. We do send some that he thinks is hilarious and I just don't get why it is so funny and vise versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter