November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

"And who wants to shine that light as host next week?" LOL.

I have been putting off menial chores that just need to be done, period. Getting them off my plate and being more organized at home will feel really good...not very exciting, but I believe it will be effective.

It’s like summer here today! Just wonderful to be outside. Raked leaves, ate lunch on the deck and now catching up online.

I will take next week if no one else can-I struggle with topics that I think will interest you all! PollyannaMom, you did an awesome job as usual!

I know self-care really isn't about buying things to feel better, but that's what I did today. I splurged on some new makeup... I'd been searching for the right eye shadow for a while and several weeks ago ended up with some Chanel shadow that I really like, so today I got some new Chanel blush and an eye crayon... my intention going forward is to fully make-up each morning to (hopefully) relieve the stress I feel everyday looking at myself in video call all day long.

When I did my beach drive this morning it was clear and cold and windy and high tide. The waves were breaking over the sea wall and there was sand in the road in some places. It was kind of awesome. The rest of the afternoon will be spent on chores, getting ready for the work week.

I know self-care really isn't about buying things to feel better, but that's what I did today. I splurged on some new makeup... I'd been searching for the right eye shadow for a while and several weeks ago ended up with some Chanel shadow that I really like, so today I got some new Chanel blush and an eye crayon... my intention going forward is to fully make-up each morning to (hopefully) relieve the stress I feel everyday looking at myself in video call all day long.

When I did my beach drive this morning it was clear and cold and windy and high tide. The waves were breaking over the sea wall and there was sand in the road in some places. It was kind of awesome. The rest of the afternoon will be spent on chores, getting ready for the work week.
I find I am paying more attention to my eye makeup because when I go out that’s all you see over my mask! I treated myself to some good eyebrow color and a tray of eyeshadows. And it does give me a lift, so I do think it’s self care!

I love Chanel makeup.

I bought new colors right before the pandemic. I put them away because I can’t wear makeup with my mask, glasses, and face shield. The makeup drips into my eyes. I look forward to wearing makeup again.

Hi! I’m joining in a week late. Cristin, 44 year old teacher, wife, & mother of 16 yr old twins. My goal for November is to focus on my eating. This seems to continue to be my goal because I just can’t get a handle on it. But this weekend was simply gorgeous and got me out outside and active and just might have been what I needed to motivate me.

We went for a 12 mile bike ride yesterday. And today I did a mile run and a 3 mile bike ride. Then we cleaned and organized the garage. I feel like I accomplished so much this weekend. So now I want to keep that feeling going. I’ll continue with my morning workouts. But I really need to start logging my food on MyFitnessPal again.

School has been keeping me busy. In addition to the combination of figuring go out how to teach kindergarten while socially distanced and planning virtual lessons, we had virtual Back to School Night 2 weeks ago, Progress Reports last week and now virtual conferences this week. All good things, just extra busy right now.

Good morning! Another week begins-what small step are you going to take that will make it a good week?

I need to get my snacking under control. From 3:00 on I just keep looking for something and it’s usually not the best choice. Or if it is healthy (like almonds) I eat too many.
So this week I only eat fruit or vegetables in the afternoon. I cleaned some celery and carrots and bagged small portions of grapes.

Had a lovely 30 hours alone with my sweetheart! We did some shopping and I bought myself some replacement shoes for the old tired ones that were on my feet. Lovely to see shiny leather! I also got a new purse. Now, I'm not really much of a purse person, but my sherpani was a bit too small, and I found a bagellini on sale and just love it! Our hotel room had a semi-city view so that was wonderful. Was able to watch TV (we don't do that with kids in the house), Ina Garten made raspberry applesauce--looked so good! Walked along the river last night. It was just bliss!

I feel relaxed and energized for the week. Now if I only had my meals planned/shopping list made!

My meal planning and prep is done. But I need to follow it. My husband was good about making dinner when school first started. And I got used to it. But last week it all fell apart and we are out almost every night. So I need to come home prepared to make dinner if I want to be able to stick to the plan.

I also like @sjrec plan. So similar to hers, I’m going to say that once I get home from work, if I’m hungry (other than dinner), I’ll try to drink water or have a cup of tea.

I will take next week if no one else can-I struggle with topics that I think will interest you all! PollyannaMom, you did an awesome job as usual!

Thanks so much for taking the week, and for the compliment! (I also love your small steps thing!)

I know self-care really isn't about buying things to feel better, but that's what I did today. I splurged on some new makeup... I'd been searching for the right eye shadow for a while and several weeks ago ended up with some Chanel shadow that I really like, so today I got some new Chanel blush and an eye crayon... my intention going forward is to fully make-up each morning to (hopefully) relieve the stress I feel everyday looking at myself in video call all day long

I think something that boosts your confidence like that IS self-care!

I need to get my snacking under control. From 3:00 on I just keep looking for something and it’s usually not the best choice. Or if it is healthy (like almonds) I eat too many.
So this week I only eat fruit or vegetables in the afternoon. I cleaned some celery and carrots and bagged small portions of grapes.

We have "threesies" in our house too! Without it, DH was really overeating at dinner, because he was starving by then. So I plan a small, healthy-ish snack at 3:00 and make sure to include some protein (that's the key for me) - cheese and crackers, celery with peanut butter, apple slices with peanut butter/cheese/almonds...

No more excuses for stress eating. Over, done, moving on. This week is going to be about breathing and also for me, drinking water.... and moving.

I did well yesterday getting little things done here and there, and will continue that trend today. I styled my hair and put my makeup on this morning ready to tackle the day.

From what I have read over the years, a healthy lifestyle seems to consist of a variety of healthy habits.

Staying on our theme of small steps, is there a not so healthy habit that you have replaced with a healthy one? Or a habit you would like to replace/change for a better choice?

My small step will be yoga or something every day this week. Last night I didn't sleep well so no yoga at o'dark thirty, but I did go for a nice walk with a friend so I'm counting that!!

It was chilly today so think tomorrow we'll have something warm and cozy from the crockpot. No idea what that will be! Whatever it is, it will be made from ingredients I have in the house. Menu planning/shopping list is right after this. Then I'll probably shop Wednesday evening.

I started thinking about my snacking habit at 3:00 and realized there’s no reason I couldn’t go for my walk at 3:00. I used to get home from school by 3:30 and was in the habit of getting out not long after that. So starting tomorrow I will head out around 3:00.
A habit I have been able to change recently is replacing my afternoon Diet Coke with a sparkling water-La Croix or something similar. With a slice of lemon and lime. When the weather gets colder I will replace it with hot tea or sugar free hot chocolate.

Years ago, I started making time for exercise by getting up earlier. I don’t always like that, but now that it’s a habit, I just get up and do it as part of my routine.

I need to get outside more to “get some fresh air”. This weekend really helped my mood by going running and biking outside. But I don’t like the cold weather, so I tend to stay indoors. But today’s topic gave me an idea. After school, I usually walk around inside the building right after dismissal because I need a little time after the kids leave before I start working on cleaning up the room or preparing for the next day. So I’m thinking maybe I’ll put my coat on and go for a walk around the outside of the building.

Staying on our theme of small steps, is there a not so healthy habit that you have replaced with a healthy one?

Not long ago, I replaced my regular morning coffee with a decaf.

I read a book called "The Power of When" and it said that my chronotype (lion) really doesn't need caffeine in the morning; we need it about noon. So I tried it, and it was right! My morning coffee was never about trouble waking up, it was/is about ritual - the warm cup in my hands a few minutes to ease into the day. I actually feel better with the decaf! I still have a mid-day coffee most of the time, but it's a little less caffeine overall (I was having a full-caf in the AM and a half-caf later on, now I'm having one decaf and one full-caf). And bonus - aside from the time change issues (which I'm finally getting over after almost a week and a half) I'm doing better energy-wise in the evening as well.

Years ago, I started making time for exercise by getting up earlier. I don’t always like that, but now that it’s a habit, I just get up and do it as part of my routine.

I need to get outside more to “get some fresh air”. This weekend really helped my mood by going running and biking outside. But I don’t like the cold weather, so I tend to stay indoors. But today’s topic gave me an idea. After school, I usually walk around inside the building right after dismissal because I need a little time after the kids leave before I start working on cleaning up the room or preparing for the next day. So I’m thinking maybe I’ll put my coat on and go for a walk around the outside of the building.
That is a great idea! Everything I read says how beneficial it is to get that 20 minutes of sunshine/vitamin D, especially in the winter month.

Not long ago, I replaced my regular morning coffee with a decaf.

I read a book called "The Power of When" and it said that my chronotype (lion) really doesn't need caffeine in the morning; we need it about noon. So I tried it, and it was right! My morning coffee was never about trouble waking up, it was/is about ritual - the warm cup in my hands a few minutes to ease into the day. I actually feel better with the decaf! I still have a mid-day coffee most of the time, but it's a little less caffeine overall (I was having a full-caf in the AM and a half-caf later on, now I'm having one decaf and one full-caf). And bonus - aside from the time change issues (which I'm finally getting over after almost a week and a half) I'm doing better energy-wise in the evening as well.
After reading your post I just went and reserved that book from my library!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter