November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

I like smart witty humor. I used to watch Jon Stewart regularly , I don't watch any of the current late night shows but do pay attention to clips I see here and there. I like some of the Saturday Night Live stuff and some I don't, I did see Dave Chappel's opening monolog Sat night and was really blown away by it.

The kittens make me giggle, they are so goofy learning and exploring, figuring life out. In general my sibling's have pretty good senses of humor and we are a family of storytellers.

Last edited:
Awesome!

I'm glad I watched it before showing it to my class lol. :oops:

P.S. We've been on hybrid for 3 days, and as of November 23rd, we are going fully remote due to the rising cases. :sad2: All of the contact tracing has led back to social gatherings. This is completely avoidable.

Sigh. Another weekend home. I have a good supply of food in the house so I don’t even have a grocery run planned. Will check out Netflix and look for a good movie. I do have to remind myself that we’re safe at home, not stuck at home!

Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend!

DS1 plans to propose to his girlfriend Saturday! I'm so honored he wants us there. Don't think we can go, though, because an hour before he called we got a text from the twins' uncle. They spent Saturday with their brothers and on Friday one of their brothers was with someone who has since tested positive. They're all getting tested tomorrow, but won't know results until next week. DH and I are trying to think of a way to be there and still keep others safe. Haven't come up with any ideas. DS1 was sweet and said he could put it off until next weekend (assuming the results are negative!). He's a bit of a nervous wreck trying to plan so everything goes just right, so I think he should just do it Saturday!!

After that phone call and the tears I wanted to cry but didn't, I ate a piece of the pumpkin roll I made yesterday. Not the best decision to eat my emotions! But I stopped at one piece, and pumpkin is healthy, right?! :sad2:

DS1 plans to propose to his girlfriend Saturday!
Congrats! That’s so exciting! I’m so sorry COVID is getting in the way of those plans. Hopefully tests are all negative!

I do have to remind myself that we’re safe at home, not stuck at home!
Always a great reminder and so true! Stay safe :)

It was conference week for me. I have 14 students. So 14 virtual conferences schedules, 9 completed, 2 no-shows, 3 more to go, Not too bad. And I’ve forced myself outside each, even if it was for just one lap around the building (about a quarter mile). It felt good to get outside.

Cases in my state are skyrocketing. We are jump by about 1000 cases each week. Yesterday we had 7101 cases. The beginning of last week we were around 5500. Hospitals have compacity at the moment because we have a ton of hospitals but they are having staffing issues from staff getting sick. Schools are slowly going to full remote. Ours is still hybrid since we were only have under 5 new cases a week in a district that is around 6000 students. This week we have 14. We are starting to see a spike at the schools. My work has now gone back to come in the office only if you need to come in.

I need to get back on the treadmill today. I didn't get my time on Wednesday. Those days are tough with DD riding lessons but I should have yesterday. I just got into watching tv and lost track of time. But I need to today. My eating is getting better then it was. Not great but the candy and the cookies (DD made cookies on Sunday) are gone. I have bought some veggies to eat as snacks as well.

Well, we canceled Thanksgiving yesterday. My Niece had planned the actual get-together to guidelines, but with travel included which meant hotels and other meals out we decided not to do it. I am going to go over early in the day and go for a hike with them then we'll have some tea and pie on the deck which I'm fine with. I'll get myself a small turkey breast and cook it Wednesday, then when I get back home Thursday afternoon I'll have 'the meal'. Last night the Governor made a public announcement asking people to please not gather with people outside their household, so we were just a bit ahead of the curve.

After this weekend I'm going back to self-quarantining. In the past two days four local businesses have closed for cleaning and tests because either someone tested positive or was in contact with someone who tested positive, so it is really here right in the neighborhood. After all this time doing the right things I don't want to take any risks, but I am having a tough time getting my brain around it.

After all this time doing the right things I don't want to take any risks, but I am having a tough time getting my brain around it.

I've been struggling lately as well. It took me ages to get used to things being more open in the summer and early fall, but I finally did...and now it feels weird to be going backwards again. I'm not sure how long the schools around here will last.

@Oneanne and @PollyannaMom I feel the same way. Things here in Ohio are getting bad and bad quick. We went up almost 1000 cases since yesterday. We are at 8071. We are looking at a bit of a lock down starting next week. Our Governor gave a week for things to turn around before he closes bars, restaurants and gyms. We will if he fallows though come Thursday. Some hospitals have stopped elective surgeries for anyone that would have to stay in the hospital after. My moms district has almost 30 positive cases and over 300 in quarantine and my district has almost 20 cases and 49 quarantined through contact tracing. Schools are slowing going full remote and I have a feeling that our governor will close schools shortly. We are worse then we were in March. And the anxiety that I had in march and April is creeping back up.

Yes, I think things are going to go through a bad period with the holidays coming up. It’s just very easy for people not experiencing the virus themselves to let their guard down and maybe take chances they wouldn’t have in the spring. I need to cut back on trips to Walmart and the grocery store. My daughter is still only doing home delivery.
We will have Thanksgiving with our daughter’s family-they will be out of school two weeks by then. But no one else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter