October 2011 Car Rental Rates

I'm sooo frustrated! Our dates came up on the latest Alamo insider deals -- but not our needed car. Minivan's for our dates are still around the $500-$700 mark...way too much in my opinion.

I'm thinking -- both DH and I are valid drivers...and I can get a midsize or fullsize around $150. If I book two cars we can just split our family up. Not my favorite option, but definitely cost saving. Will our resort give us two parking passes then? My DH is calling our insurance agent today to see if our insurance will cover us having two rental cars at the same time. Details, details...

I'm sooo frustrated! Our dates came up on the latest Alamo insider deals -- but not our needed car. Minivan's for our dates are still around the $500-$700 mark...way too much in my opinion.

I'm thinking -- both DH and I are valid drivers...and I can get a midsize or fullsize around $150. If I book two cars we can just split our family up. Not my favorite option, but definitely cost saving. Will our resort give us two parking passes then? My DH is calling our insurance agent today to see if our insurance will cover us having two rental cars at the same time. Details, details...

I have to say, when my family travels together, we always feel the more cars, the better. That way everyone doesn't always have to do everything. You can also split up feuding siblings, send only the tired ones back for a rest, etc. We've found the more cars, the merrier we are!:goodvibes

Well my rental car game is over folks. We leave tomorrow with out lowest rate being $158 out the door at Alamo for a standard size (no standard aisle at MCO, so its actually a full size car) for 9 days. We pick up late tomorrow night, so hoping there is something good for us!!

Needless to say, the analyzing and constant visiting of National and Alamo's sites have paid off! Also, I couldn't have done it without the help from all of you.

For those going the last 2 weeks of October - good luck! Just keep watching those rates, they can change SO fast! Sending some pixie dust your way! :wizard:

Try Budget for a mini van. We were considering going with a mini van because the rate from Budget was much better than anywhere else I have seen. Turned out we reserved a full size for much less, so since we dont need a minivan, my "cheapness" prevailed and we are going with a full size from Dollar.

Tryout out Budget using the public travelocity code (offer code BCD)

X474200

Then add a coupon like.... MUWZ023 ....for another $25/35. off when you return the car.

These codes have been very consistant for months, and should get you a minivan for $225. per week, plus taxes and fees. Then the coupon should take another $25/35. off at the end (it wont show on the resi).

Good luck with that.......hopefully it works for your dates.
Syndrome

Can someone help me, new to all of this. I got a great rate at Dollar also, but they do not carry booster seats! just toddler seats? any suggestions?

Bring your own boosters? Saves you money and quite often you can gate check them with the airline. Just a suggestion. In 2004 we rented from Dollar and paid for a carseat. It was NASTY. Dirty and old. I had to cover it with a towel because I didn't want my son to touch the thing when he was in it.

I was going to suggest the same as mommy*RN. We always bring our own carseats and use them on the plane too, but my kids are also still under 40 lbs.

Officially done looking. Couldn't get a better rate for a minivan through Priceline so Budget it is!

We just picked up our rental tonight...8 days on Alamo Standard size for $130.49! We ended up with a fully loaded Town and Country minivan! All but two of the cars on the full size row were minivans. We always have great luck with Alamo on Friday nights and our streak continues!

Officially done looking. Couldn't get a better rate for a minivan through Priceline so Budget it is!

That's where I'm at. I keep checking and checking, but the rate I have for $416 (with taxes and fees) using the Travelocity code is the best I've got.

I think I'm pretty much done at this point, as I don't want to take the chance of booking a full size at Alamo and then getting there and there not being any minivans (which is just my luck).

I have to say, when my family travels together, we always feel the more cars, the better. That way everyone doesn't always have to do everything. You can also split up feuding siblings, send only the tired ones back for a rest, etc. We've found the more cars, the merrier we are!:goodvibes

I like the way you think...especially since we are parting ways a couple of days during the trip. This way I can rely on myself to get places and DH can have his own ride. Plus we will have plenty of room for luggage and carseats. So we are a little over a week out and I have two Alamo standard cars reserved for $135/each/total for 8 days. I don't think I can get a minivan that cheap! Will keep checking and maybe even get them lower (hoping)...but if not, I'm pretty pleased with the price.

I should add I used the Insiders code and the $35 coupon for the rentals.

Try Budget for a mini van. We were considering going with a mini van because the rate from Budget was much better than anywhere else I have seen. Turned out we reserved a full size for much less, so since we dont need a minivan, my "cheapness" prevailed and we are going with a full size from Dollar.

Tryout out Budget using the public travelocity code (offer code BCD)

X474200

Then add a coupon like.... MUWZ023 ....for another $25/35. off when you return the car.

These codes have been very consistant for months, and should get you a minivan for $225. per week, plus taxes and fees. Then the coupon should take another $25/35. off at the end (it wont show on the resi).

Good luck with that.......hopefully it works for your dates.
Syndrome

Thank you so much for the advice. I did try it, and got something around $390 for our dates (plus the coupon it doesn't deduct). Bummer. However the more I have thought about it, the more I am okay with two cars. It will be a pain because I can get lost going to the grocery -- but I have my own GPS and DH has his so I can just give that a whirl and hopefully get from point A to point B with minimal issue. Just hope Disney will issue us two parking passes.

I just checked this morning and was able to get a full size for $150 for a week total! My dates are 10/25 - 11/1. Also checked Alamo and they're $122 more for the same time period using the insider code and the $35 coupon.

Just checked this morning and my Dollar rental is down to $144 while Alamo is now $157 higher.

Rates through the end of October are now holding steady and are pretty HIGH ! They havent went down in the last week or so. We have a few more days to keep checking, but its not looking too promising. We are holding fast with Dollar for 10/21-10/30 (9 days) for $147. plus fees, which is about $200. total. I am happy with the rate, but I am still trying for Alamo or National so we can pick our own car. Otherwise we are good.

If anyone snaggs any good rates for the end of October, please post them.

BTW, the Budget X474200 BCD code, and MUWZ023 coupon are still working for anyone who needs a mini van. The weekly rate is $225. minus the coupon of $25. which brings it to $200. per week plus fees.

Good luck to everyone,
Only a few more weeks and this thread is dead!
Syndrome

Rates through the end of October are now holding steady and are pretty HIGH ! They havent went down in the last week or so. We have a few more days to keep checking, but its not looking too promising. We are holding fast with Dollar for 10/21-10/30 (9 days) for $147. plus fees, which is about $200. total. I am happy with the rate, but I am still trying for Alamo or National so we can pick our own car. Otherwise we are good.

If anyone snaggs any good rates for the end of October, please post them.

BTW, the Budget X474200 BCD code, and MUWZ023 coupon are still working for anyone who needs a mini van. The weekly rate is $225. minus the coupon of $25. which brings it to $200. per week plus fees.

Good luck to everyone,
Only a few more weeks and this thread is dead!
Syndrome

Yeah, waiting to see what kind of last minute deals they release tomorrow and hopefully I can get something better. If not I'll just have to stick with what we got.

My rate with Alamo has steadily been going down. For a standard size from Oct 30 - Nov 12 (13 days) we're at $190. tax in. :thumbsup2
Using the same code and coupon for this week it's up to $350 tax in from 19th -26th. :confused3

Our full size rate from 10/24-11/1 just dropped another $30:cool1:. Using costco & insiders coupons codes. We are down to 126+change, I am happy.

My rate with Alamo has steadily been going down. For a standard size from Oct 30 - Nov 12 (13 days) we're at $190. tax in. :thumbsup2
Using the same code and coupon for this week it's up to $350 tax in from 19th -26th. :confused3

Our full size rate from 10/24-11/1 just dropped another $30:cool1:. Using costco & insiders coupons codes. We are down to 126+change, I am happy.
Y'all have gotten lucky.

Picking up two days before Bonzarella (Saturday the 22nd) is up $150+ for a week. This past Thursday morning (10/13), Alamo's Costco codes hit their low point for the six or so months that I've bee monitoring. By noon on Thursday, they had nearly doubled. I'm guessing that their inventory is getting pretty thin that weekend.

So if you see a good deal, jump on it because the 9-14 days-out window looks to be the sweet spot for discounts right now.

Hi everyone, rates have been very high last minute! Good thing I booked about a week before my trip (booked 10/13) on national. Oct 18-29th. Using Visa code 8572158. $230 for a compact. Rates have been much higher since then. Alamo was even higher. Hope this helps anyone out there. Visa code gave me the best rates.

Just checked my dates again (10/25 - 11/1) and Dollar is still the clear winner. I have a full size for $92 plus taxes & fees ($144.90). Alamo is currently about $120 more for the same period.

My rate just dropped again so we're down to $172 tax in for 13 days. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter