.....chicken strip and sauces pairings....yum

:rolleyes:

Oh Cass, I'd be all over that myself!!:rotfl2:

I didn't know you could do that.;)

I can give it my best shot. ;)

They should have Hot Dog & French Fry pairings, I'd go to that!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Hmmm....cheeseburger tastings.....

:rolleyes:

I'd be right there with you on these Cass! And hopefully we can wash them down with some nice milkshakes.... yumm!

BTW - I just got home from work about 5 minutes ago. Look at my last post before this one and you'll have an idea of what my daily commute is...one way.

Some day I'm just going to internally combust in my car due to pure frustration. :lmao:

Mom has no decided that if she can get on the ship she will just sit on the veranda for the whole 7 days. She has finally admitted that she can not handle being around children because of all the talking, and activity that they do. She took Mackenzie with my father to get ice cream after her appointment today and they were home 30 minutes later. It takes 10 to get to the place and 10 to get home. She was crying when she just told me on the phone that she can not handle the constant talking from Mackenzie and she really does not know how she will do the cruise.

I want to say this in the kindest way I can but I feel I have to be direct about it. You need to talk to your parents about staying home. From all of your past posts they seem to be determined to have a bad time and/or ruin your time. They refuse to give you their birthdates, you are having problems with any other bookings because of this, and now she doesn't want to be around kids. While this may cause immediate conflict isn't it better to have conflict on dry land than to have multiple conflicts onboard a very very expensive cruise where they will not only embarrass you but also cause problems for others. You sound like such a neat person and it seems to me as if the problems with your parents are dragging you down. I don't know how you can do it but a decision needs to be made, most likely by you, on whether you want to enjoy the cruise or hear your mother yelling/crying about all the noise onboard.

Our last cruise we heard noise all the time and while it did not bother us it would bother her by the sound of your post.

I am very sorry for everything you are going through and it should not be happening to a nice person. We are also traveling with my parent, Mom is going to be 70 and Dad is 68 but thankfully they are in very good health (knock on wood) and they love Disney as much as us.

You don't have a lot of time left to make decision since Aug 6th is Monday but you may want to talk to them this weekend, maybe they have been trying to find a way out and think you will be mad. That could be why they are complaining about the birthdates and noise.

Good luck
Judy:wizard: (pixie dust to you)

Just checking in I have about 20 minutes before I go out and do more yard work. I guess DH did not have time to check in before going to work. So I will just sit her and drink my boost and read Cass's site.

Judy, I think this is very well said and I agree completely.

Good luck Carrie. :goodvibes

I want to say this in the kindest way I can but I feel I have to be direct about it. You need to talk to your parents about staying home. From all of your past posts they seem to be determined to have a bad time and/or ruin your time. They refuse to give you their birthdates, you are having problems with any other bookings because of this, and now she doesn't want to be around kids. While this may cause immediate conflict isn't it better to have conflict on dry land than to have multiple conflicts onboard a very very expensive cruise where they will not only embarrass you but also cause problems for others. You sound like such a neat person and it seems to me as if the problems with your parents are dragging you down. I don't know how you can do it but a decision needs to be made, most likely by you, on whether you want to enjoy the cruise or hear your mother yelling/crying about all the noise onboard.

Our last cruise we heard noise all the time and while it did not bother us it would bother her by the sound of your post.

I am very sorry for everything you are going through and it should not be happening to a nice person. We are also traveling with my parent, Mom is going to be 70 and Dad is 68 but thankfully they are in very good health (knock on wood) and they love Disney as much as us.

You don't have a lot of time left to make decision since Aug 6th is Monday but you may want to talk to them this weekend, maybe they have been trying to find a way out and think you will be mad. That could be why they are complaining about the birthdates and noise.

Good luck

Hey!

I'm great. I would be up for a cheesehead DIS meet, but I work such stupid hours that I am not sure if it would work. Friday evenings are out, but maybe a Saturday or Sunday evening? I am pretty open during the week, but most normal people probably wouldn't want to do it then.

How are the Brewers doing? My husband is such a huge Cubs fan that I kind of have to hide my excitement for the Brewers. I was able to go to one game of the 82 World Series--can still recite the starting lineup--I know, what a geek. I do have to admit though that I do enjoy the Cubs too. I figure I will be happy either way as long as the Cardinal don't spoil it all!!
We would be up for another meet, at least the kids and I because Dave works 1st & 3rd shift and is usually too tired right now. Let me know some dates. If it is still summer or a weekend we could also consider my house. We have a nice backyard and we put in a pool last year.

Judy

I want to see if I can get the first one, for the first time

Judy

Good luck

You have not hurt my feelings. I would much rather perfer at this point in time that they don't go. But my mother is determined because it is Mackenzies 5th b-day. There was really no problems with them going until my mom got ill in April. Yes the b-dates would still have been an issue but I do see part of her reasoning on it now that her and I have talked about it. When she got ill in April DH and I talked to our TA about our options since DS is in there room. How much it would cost to upgrade at that point to a family suite or split DH and I up into the two seperate rooms. We talked it over with my father in April and he said there were options. He could still go if my mom passed away and DS could still be in the room with him. Or he would pay the cost difference to spilt DH and I up. We were set on doing one of these options until my mom came to and the first thing out of her mouth when she could talk was "I am going on that cruise." We feel that is the thing that is keeping her going at this point, well at that point. But she also thought she would be feeling a whole lot better by now. Her health has not gotten better and her memory has gotten worse. I have told her I don't think she should go. I have stated it several times. But yesterday when I talked to her she flat out will go unless a dr. tells her she can't.

Don't get me wrong she likes Disney and loves kids, but since she got ill she has a very short tension span and all the noises get to her. She will be fine once I put her in her room and leave her. She might join us for dinner but I am thinking that might not even happen. At this point she is leaving it up to the dr's. They took insurance out so they can cancel all the way up to the day of departure.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it very much.

We were originally schedule to fly out of Milwaukee at 9 am but the flight was cancelled and is now the 7:25 flight. We don't mind because we can get groceries and go swimmimg when we get there. But if Airtran ends up taking over Midwest I don't know what will happen to my flight. They have been talking about what a great match they are for Midwest, in what dream world are they living in. The only match I see for Midwest would be JetBlue or the new VirginAmeria. Airtran changed our flight 4 times last summer and finally our non-stop went to a layover in Atlanta. I hate layovers with the kids.

WineDiva,
Midwest just released new fares you may want to check if it is cheaper on Midwest out of Milwaukee.

Judy:hippie:

DH is on his way out the door and I am going to pull out those weed/bush things in the backyard. I will check in later.

Just a quick note on my mom also. She seems to have her ups and downs. Yesterday when should could not handle Mackenzie for 30 minutes was a down day. I have talked to her today and she is all upbeat and running erronds. :confused3

Hope this makes you all laugh as much as I did.

Picture it, Kohl's department store, lots of moms shopping with kids:

I'm standing in the check out line and Chuck comes limping over. I ask:
Why are you limping?

He says ( a little louder than usual) : I don't know, my b@ll hurts! :scared1:

Two women spin around to look at him and he stumbles through a:

I mean the ball of my foot, my foot...the ball of my foot hurts!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. Poor Chuck turned 3 different shades of red and was looking for a quick exit. :rotfl:

Where is everyone tonight? I come on here some nights and there are pages and pages but tonight everyone is quiet

Judy

Actually if I had been there I would have asked why he only has one ball and then I would have done this: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Why are you limping?

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. Poor Chuck turned 3 different shades of red and was looking for a quick exit. :rotfl:

Why are you limping?

Ohhh....that is too funny.

Next time I see Chuck I'm going to ask him how his balls are. :lmao:

Where is everyone tonight? I come on here some nights and there are pages and pages but tonight everyone is quiet

Judy

Sorry Judy. I check in every so often at night. If people are on, I usually chat. If you're still out there, I will be here for a little bit.

An hour out and the yard and I come in soaked. Yuck. I ran out of weed spray, oh darn. I will have to wait to finish the weeds until I get more spray. I only have about 30 minutes if that of weeds to pull. Since I ran out I thatched the parts of the back yard that needed it. If I can remember to buy weed spray at work tomorrow then I will be done with the backyard by this weekend. It looks like I just need to cut one tree back in our front yard so maybe both yards will be done by the end of the weekend. I can only hope.

Why are you limping?

This was good, I needed a good laugh. :lmao:

I am off to get DD dessert and shower, then I have a project to work on for the church story and then I will check back in before I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter