Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

I'm here and following along!

I chose to spend the night at All Star Movies and was very pleased with my room. It was in the Love Bug section and was spotlessly clean!

It seems like the All Star resorts have been really on point with their cleanliness lately. Every report I've read in the last year or so has said they've been spotless. This is great to hear. And I'm sure after a day of traveling, having a nice, clean place to sleep and rest was just what you needed.

I slept SO well and was up bright and early to grab a boarding group for Tron and was successful!

Hooray!

Pineapple upside down cake with pineapple/coconut swirl Dole Whip for the win!

The perfect mid-morning snack in Adventureland.

I understand the need to pass on the Tron boarding group. 3 o'clock in the summer in FL is near impossible to handle. It's too brutal. And why exhaust yourself on Day 1 when you've got a WL room waiting for you?

I'm here and following along!

It seems like the All Star resorts have been really on point with their cleanliness lately. Every report I've read in the last year or so has said they've been spotless. This is great to hear. And I'm sure after a day of traveling, having a nice, clean place to sleep and rest was just what you needed.

Hooray!

The perfect mid-morning snack in Adventureland.

I understand the need to pass on the Tron boarding group. 3 o'clock in the summer in FL is near impossible to handle. It's too brutal. And why exhaust yourself on Day 1 when you've got a WL room waiting for you?
So happy you are here, Alicia! Yes I had definitely reached my saturation point with the heat and wanted to reserve some energy for the evening festivities. :)
Hi Susan!

Sounds like you were off to a great start! I love that Pineapple Upside Down cake 😋
Thanks Kelly! I'm happy you are joining in. That cake is a must do for me every trip.

A magical MK evening!

I had a room ready notification come through around 3:30 and was initially very hopeful. I had room 4533 which was everything I had asked for...upper floor, facing Bay Lake except for one thing...there was NO balcony!!! How could there be a DVC room with no balcony? So I went down to the front desk and spoke to a CM who found me another room, this time 1544 which was not my favourite either as I don't love a ground floor room when I am travelling alone. However she tried her best so I took the room with a smile and a word of gratitude.

I had placed my Instacart order and waited for it while I waited for my room ready notification on the new room. Luckily I had my resort refillable mug so I grabbed some iced tea and found a cozy spot in the lobby to wait. In no time I had my order and stored it with Bell Services. After about an hour of relaxing in the beautiful Carolwood Pacific room, my new room was ready. I was happy to settle in and get organized. Somehow I forgot to take pictures of my room but here's a video from DVC fan on the refurbished rooms to give you an idea.

https://dvcfan.com/2022/09/09/first-look-boulder-ridge-dvc-room-refurbishment/

Overall I really like the room but they definitely need to add more storage. There were only two USBs in the nightstand. For a room that sleeps 5 that just doesn't make sense. The kitchenette area was fantastic and the beds were really comfortable. There needs to be more towel racks in the bathroom and a much better dresser if the room is going to handle 5 people staying in it. The colours are beautiful and the theming is lovely.

I managed to get all my things put away and organized and was on my way back to Magic Kingdom by about 6:30. It was a beautiful evening to be on the resort launch and in no time I was on Main Street.
IMG_3634.JPG
It took me a little while to figure out where to check in for the dessert party but I figured out and was rewarded with the best table by the railing with a perfect view of the castle.
IMG_3632.jpeg
The food was delicious although heavily on the sweet side. Not that I held back at all. :)
IMG_3633.jpeg
This was my first plate with a lovely glass of Proscecco.

The sun was starting to set and I enjoyed the view as I sipped my Prosecco and enjoyed my goodies.
71426978976__3F29D92F-46A7-4BE6-8D15-9CB03051A92E.jpeg
Of course I went up for a second plate and got some POG juice to make a POG mimosa. Very yummy! I tried a bit of the moscato as well but it was too sweet for my taste.
IMG_3635.jpeg
Having this gorgeous view put seeing Happily Ever After over the top! What an amazing experience this was.
IMG_3640.jpeg

IMG_3646.jpeg
I could not have asked for a more spectacular way to see my beloved HEA again. It was well worth the money and the best way to spend my first night back in Disney.

Last edited:
there was NO balcony!!! How could there be a DVC room with no balcony?
Really? I just would have thought that all upper floor rooms had balconies. How odd.
There were only two USBs in the nightstand. For a room that sleeps 5 that just doesn't make sense.
Does seem a little... sparse.
in no time I was on Main Street.
:)
Is there a better feeling than that??
It took me a little while to figure out where to check in for the dessert party but I figured out and was rewarded with the best table by the railing with a perfect view of the castle.
You went early then. :thumbsup2
The food was delicious although heavily on the sweet side. Not that I held back at all. :)
:laughing:
got some POG juice to make a POG mimosa.
Oh! I never thought of that. I had some wine and some POG... but didn't combine. Next time. :)
Having this gorgeous view put seeing Happily Ever After over the top! What an amazing experience this was.
I'm so happy that you enjoyed it so much! I'm pretty sure I highly recommended the dessert party to you and glad that you found it worthwhile.
I could not have asked for a more spectacular way to see my beloved HEA again. It was well worth the money and the best way to spend my first night back in Disney.
:goodvibes

So I went down to the front desk and spoke to a CM who found me another room, this time 1544 which was not my favourite either as I don't love a ground floor room when I am travelling alone.
Which side of the resort were you in? There are some areas that are not very private and I wouldn't want to sit outside. We've had several ground floor rooms and location is everything.

There were only two USBs in the nightstand. For a room that sleeps 5 that just doesn't make sense.
I'm surprised they did that. The regular rooms have lots of USB ports.

There needs to be more towel racks in the bathroom
They don't have enough towel racks in the main resort rooms, either. It is my one complaint about the refurbished rooms.
the best table by the railing with a perfect view of the castle.
You had a great view. It sounds like a lovely way to spend your first day. :)

Last edited:
However, luck was on my side and everything went extremely well!

Best way to start your trip!

I slept SO well and was up bright and early to grab a boarding group for Tron and was successful!

Fast finger at work.

Next up was Pirates where I was finally successful in remembering to do a pose for the picture.

Love it!

By this point I was feeling a little peckish and went for a yummy second breakfast at Aloha Isle. Pineapple upside down cake with pineapple/coconut swirl Dole Whip for the win!
IMG_3622.jpeg

This looks so good. I really wanted to try it on my last but it was so hot I just stuck with the Dole Whip Ice Cream swirl.

Cute photo!

I'm a firm believer that you are never too old for character meets.

I agree with this,

Although I was annoyed that Disney has replaced a photopass photographer at this location with the dreaded photo box. I just don't feel you get the same quality of photo.

I agree with this too. Pictures are just no as good.

I was really trying to stick it out until my boarding group but it was almost 3:00, I was getting tired and most importantly, I had a reservation for Seats and Sweets dessert party for Happily Ever After that evening. So I gave up my boarding group and headed over to Wilderness Lodge to see if my room was ready.

So sorry this didn't work for you. I hope you got to ride later in your trip.

I had room 4533 which was everything I had asked for...upper floor, facing Bay Lake except for one thing...there was NO balcony!!! How could there be a DVC room with no balcony?

How can a DVC room not have a balcony? That just doesn't make sense.

I managed to get all my things put away and organized and was on my way back to Magic Kingdom by about 6:30.

I like to move it too. No living out of a suitcase if I can help it.

I agree, they need more savory.

Great first evening!

I had room 4533 which was everything I had asked for...upper floor, facing Bay Lake except for one thing...there was NO balcony!!! How could there be a DVC room with no balcony? So I went down to the front desk and spoke to a CM who found me another room, this time 1544 which was not my favourite either as I don't love a ground floor room when I am travelling alone.

I didn't know they made DVC rooms with no balconies? But I don't think I would have taken the ground floor room either!

This was my first plate with a lovely glass of Proscecco.

The sun was starting to set and I enjoyed the view as I sipped my Prosecco and enjoyed my goodies.
71426978976__3F29D92F-46A7-4BE6-8D15-9CB03051A92E.jpeg
Perfect start to your trip! I love the HEA dessert party :love:

Really? I just would have thought that all upper floor rooms had balconies. How odd.
It was literally the ONLY room in the whole building without a balcony.
Does seem a little... sparse.
Not very well thought out.
Is there a better feeling than that??
Nope!
You went early then. :thumbsup2
The early bird gets the worm. Or in this case, the prime table. :)
Oh! I never thought of that. I had some wine and some POG... but didn't combine. Next time. :)
It was yummy.
I'm so happy that you enjoyed it so much! I'm pretty sure I highly recommended the dessert party to you and glad that you found it worthwhile.
You did recommend it and I am so glad I experienced it. :)
Which side of the resort were you in? There are some areas that are not very private and I wouldn't want to sit outside. We've had several ground floor rooms and location is everything.
I was on the bus loop side but way down the hall closer to the service area. It was quiet but I don't feel comfortable sitting out on a patio when I am on my own.
I'm surprised they did that. The regular rooms have lots of USB ports.
The refurb is great in some ways but feels unfinished in others.
They don't have enough towel racks in the main resort rooms, either. It is my one complaint about the refurbished rooms.
How can they expect guests to use their towels more than once if they don't give us somewhere to hang towels.
You had a great view. It sounds like a lovely way to spend your first day. :)
It really was. :goodvibes
I agree with this,
I love them!
I agree with this too. Pictures are just no as good.
It's sad and feels like a rip off.
So sorry this didn't work for you. I hope you got to ride later in your trip.
Thanks Vanessa. I did make it there later on.
How can a DVC room not have a balcony? That just doesn't make sense.
My room was the only room in the whole building without one. :(
I like to move it too. No living out of a suitcase if I can help it.
I like having my things about me. Helps it feel like home. :)
I agree, they need more savory.
Definitely! It was sugar overload.

I didn't know they made DVC rooms with no balconies? But I don't think I would have taken the ground floor room either! They tried to put me and Mike on the ground floor in CCV once and I asked for a switch.
It's literally the only room in the building without a balcony. The other room they had on offer was the dreaded third floor room with the dumpster view. As much as I didn't want the ground floor room it was the best option.
Perfect start to your trip! I love the HEA dessert party :love:
I really enjoyed it. :goodvibes

I also didn’t know there are DVC rooms without balconies why??
I knew you would love the dessert party! Sitting down with champagne and watching the fireworks! It is hard to beat that!
I think you had the same table or close to it that we had!

You had such a successful day at MK! It’s a shame you missed out on TRON, but hopefully you get another chance later in your trip.

A DVC room with no balcony? Really?! I didn’t know such a situation existed! It’s too bad you had to switch to a lower floor but I would’ve done the same.

What a fantastic table for the dessert party! Do they still pre-assign tables based on your reservation sign-up or do you/they choose them once you arrive? I’ve been to several dessert parties but I think the process has changed since my last one. (Also, if you were me and had never seen HEA and were traveling with two young kids, would the sweets and seats or pre-party be the better choice? I don’t know which to pick!)

I also didn’t know there are DVC rooms without balconies why??
I think it was part of a 2 bdrm lockoff. It doesn't even show up on Touring Plans as a room option!
I knew you would love the dessert party! Sitting down with champagne and watching the fireworks! It is hard to beat that!
Oh my gosh, it was magical!!
I think you had the same table or close to it that we had!
That's what I thought when I sat down there. Such a great view!
You had such a successful day at MK! It’s a shame you missed out on TRON, but hopefully you get another chance later in your trip.
It was a really lovely day. :)
A DVC room with no balcony? Really?! I didn’t know such a situation existed! It’s too bad you had to switch to a lower floor but I would’ve done the same.
Yes, it was the ONLY room without a balcony! They should not be charging the same level of points for that room without an outdoor space. I was so disappointed as it was the perfect room in every other way.
What a fantastic table for the dessert party! Do they still pre-assign tables based on your reservation sign-up or do you/they choose them once you arrive? I’ve been to several dessert parties but I think the process has changed since my last one. (Also, if you were me and had never seen HEA and were traveling with two young kids, would the sweets and seats or pre-party be the better choice? I don’t know which to pick!)
How young are your littles? Do you think they would be able to sit quietly and watch during the show? If so, I would go with the seated party. If you think they would be a little more active, I might go with the pre party. I hope you love it!
I'm glad you did too! :)
:goodvibes

So I may have booked a Christmas trip!

It's still very tentative as I have to figure out time away from school with one of the other educators on the kindergarten team BUT I would say it is a good possibility!

I have a standard view room booked at Coronado Springs at a rate of $239/n. The dates I am looking at would be December 7-11. I am thinking of either 2 day hopper tickets or 3 day base tickets. I would want to have time to resort hop for the Christmas decor as well as time at Disney Springs and as much park time as I could squeeze in.

I am trying to figure out airfare between West Jet, Air Canada and Porter to see what is the best price I could find. Cross your fingers and send pixie dust that this trip could become a reality!

Sorry your room wasn't quite what you wanted but oh my goodness your table/view at the dessert party certainly made for a perfect evening! Stunning photos. You look so happy to be on Main Street (as would I). Crossing my fingers your Christmas trip works out 🤞

Sorry your room wasn't quite what you wanted but oh my goodness your table/view at the dessert party certainly made for a perfect evening! Stunning photos. You look so happy to be on Main Street (as would I). Crossing my fingers your Christmas trip works out 🤞
I could not have asked for a more magical evening back in the parks!
Great! Hope it works out. :)
Thank you!
Did not know that Porter flew south. They’re just starting to come west of Thunder Bay
They are just starting the flights to Orlando in mid November. It's nice to have another option for sure.
I know how much you love Christmas at Disney so I really hope you can make it work out. :)
Thanks Sue! I adore Disney at Christmas....it is just so magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter