Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

Love your mug! Productive morning!!!! :thumbsup2
Thank you so much! It was a great DHS morning for sure. :)
You tour so much like me Susan! This is why we have to travel together more!
Absolutely!! Fingers crossed for time together this December!
We missed our beloved Tap House this trip, boo 😒 Love that place!
It never disappoints!
I agree the snoap is the only snow I like, to bad we get tons of the real stuff 🥲
Same here....I have to buy new winter boots this year and am looking at Ugg Adirondacks. They are almost $400 and all I can think is what I could do at Disney with that money! But I need warm dry feet when the yucky stuff arrives.
We've had great bus luck when staying at WL. I agree with you that DHS is a park that you really need to get to for early opening. Once the general crowd gets in the lines are much too long.
I was really pleased with the buses all round this trip. I had no issues at all.
I love seeing the street actors again. It really makes the parks more fun to see this extra entertainment.
It is so fun! Especially when it takes you by surprise.
It is my favorite show, too. It seems like the historians always have a few new lines for every show. :)
The historians make the show....the subtle references to more adult themes crack me up!
Love your mug!
Thank you!
Sunset Boulevard is a great way to start your day - I adore the Tower of Terror.
Tower of Terror is my #1 ride at DHS and probably in my top 5 overall.
I’ve heard so much more about the Wookie Cookie than the Carrot Cake Cookie lately… interesting that you weren’t as much of a fan. I’ll likely try the WC but will also have to get my favorite CCC.
It might have been an off day. I love the CCC always...just a great cookie!
Joining in—the charcuterie looked good!
Welcome!! Glad to have you here. :) The charcuterie at Baseline is always yummy, actually I like all the options there.
I can see why. :)
I wish I had bought more of that collection but it was pricey, especially with the exchange rate. They had a really beautiful throw blanket I would have loved for my Disney stays. I am always cold with the provided bedding. They need to add a duvet!

Great start to your day.
I am an early riser so am happy to get out to the parks right at the start of the day. :)
The more that comes back, the more it feels like the "old Disney".
We love this show!
It's such fun!
I'm sorry you didn't like it. I liked it okay but not as much as the Carrot Cake Cookie.
Carrot Cake Cookie for life! Although I do like the Jack Jack cookie too.
No balcony?! Why would they have a DVC room without a balcony? Yuck. I don't blame you one bit for moving rooms.
I think that room was part of a 2 bedroom lock off previously. They should have never allowed it to be reserved as a studio. It's the only room in the whole building without a balcony.
Absolutely! After traveling as a family of four so much, I've come to realize there are never enough towel hooks in hotel bathrooms!
Yet they encourage people to reuse towels! How???
Agreed. I wish there were a few more savory options.
Even some spring rolls, veggies with dip, hummus with pita etc would make a big difference.
This is a fabulous idea! Oh my goodness, I wish I had thought of that this summer. Not sure when I'll do the dessert party again, but when I do I'm copying this idea.
I read about it on the boards and thought it sounded delicious!
Not 100% yet but getting closer to finalizing details. :)
I agree, it is underwhelming.
There are a lot better options out there.

Last edited:
Poolside lounging and fun at Food and Wine!

520CF2BB-5381-482A-80E2-EAC34F24D6C0.jpeg
I absolutely adore the Boulder Ridge Cove pool! Why yes, there are free cabanas but I wasn't lucky enough to snag one this afternoon. Instead I snagged a lounger under a shady umbrella and settled in with a lovely sauvingon blanc in my tumbler and a great book to enjoy. Perfection!
A55A6116-B669-4517-BB27-8D7C3E58DA93.jpeg
Feeling relaxed and happy!
7D60CE22-E14F-4387-AFDA-F78CD240AE3A.jpeg

I headed back to the room to shower and change for a fun evening at Epcot. I was excited for Food and Wine AND I was meeting up with a lovely friend from my DVC fan group.

342B2C65-1089-4872-8C37-C0A5CEC9EC20.jpeg
I decided to grab a little dinner and went with the Spicy Githeri from the Outpost booth. It was very hearty with tons of veggies, beans and delicious seasoning served over rice. Definitely a good value and something I would happily order again.

0685946D-5419-415F-A3B6-F61C9947E1A3.jpeg
I had heard a lot about the dumplings from China so decided to try them next. They were kind of meh...just bland and not that interesting. An one and done for me.
11211AA6-36FE-4FAD-B1DE-81E6651E37A9.jpeg
Time for a refreshing beer! This was the Stiegel Key Lime radler from the Germany booth and was so light and refreshing. A winner for sure!

I backtracked a bit and headed back towards Mexico before meeting my friend Mary at the Creations shop. I can never resist riding what I fondly call "It's a Small Mexico."

5A402434-72A1-40FB-937F-E67471A17130.jpeg
I met up with Mary at the Creations Shop and immediately felt super comfortable with her. She is a fellow DVC owner and retired teacher so we had lots in common and chatted happily away. We had a perfect spot for fireworks and I really enjoyed seeing "Epcot Forever" one last time, especially the piece with music from my beloved Illuminations.
50386512-1B67-4676-985D-C775E11067F9.jpeg

E447B176-A90C-4652-8C28-1F1CD9942E4F.jpeg

F6E8DA56-D4BC-45B1-B5FB-21167C10AEE4.jpeg
It was a great night and I was so happy to be back in one of my favourite parks. :)

Last edited:
simply a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and banana as well as my favourite Kicking Horse organic coffee.
I love that mug!!! And that does seem like a fancy in room breakfast just by using the real mug!

I walked by on the way to RnRC but luckily it was back up quickly and I walked on to it as well. It was now 8:30 and I had already experienced two of my favourite attractions!
That is a perfect way to start a morning in Hollywood Studios!

After the show I was ready for lunch so headed to my beloved Baseline Tap House. I went for the Charcuterie board which was on point as well as a delicious orange hard cider. So good!
33B1ED0D-DD11-463A-A7E1-9C287C260565.jpeg
Perfect little lunch!

I was feeling dessertish so headed over to Backlot Express to try the Wookie Cookie, This was an one and done for me and I ended tossing it out a few days later. I'll stick with my Carrot Cake cookie going forward.
A29D508F-7FCE-4CAB-9A7C-A689807E88B1.jpeg
This doesn't look right. It doesn't look oatmeal-y enough.... It is HUGE, we share one between 4 of us sometimes. Maybe you got a bad batch. bummer that you didn't like it.

settled in with a lovely sauvingon blanc in my tumbler and a great book to enjoy. Perfection!
This sounds amazing! I have a goal for my 50th to do drinking around the world with some friends and a nice relaxing day after by the pool!

I absolutely adore the Boulder Ridge Cove pool!

I really liked the Hidden Springs pool with its bubbling springs and abundant shade. I assumed that they were going to replace it with a boring rectangular pool, but I was wrong. The new cove pool is really nice. There is plenty of shade and tables to sit at. We really like it. We have a bounce back discount for WL in February, so we will be enjoying it then. :)
I had heard a lot about the dumplings from China so decided to try them next. They were kind of meh...just bland and not that interesting. An one and done for me.
They need some sort of sauce on them, like they have at Yak & Yeti.

Ahh… an afternoon of pool time and relaxation sounds delightful! I’ve not always been good about doing this, but admit I enjoy my trip more when I do. :goodvibes

It looks like a lovely night at Epcot! My only regret about the festival food booths is I can’t break out an extra stomach. :laughing: I’m glad you had fun with your new friend!

I absolutely adore the Boulder Ridge Cove pool!

I'm looking forward to checking it out in December.

I can never resist riding what I fondly call "It's a Small Mexico."

Love this ride too, sadly I didn't get a chance to do it last month.

Interesting F&W choices, I didn't try any of these so it's nice to get you take on them.

We had a perfect spot for fireworks and I really enjoyed seeing "Epcot Forever" one last time, especially the piece with music from my beloved Illuminations.

I'm sorry I missed this too.

Great photo! Love your dress/ I have one too and the pockets are the best part.

Why yes, there are free cabanas but I wasn't lucky enough to snag one this afternoon.
Poop. Next time rope drop it.

:rolleyes:
Feeling relaxed and happy!
:goodvibes
I decided to grab a little dinner and went with the Spicy Githeri from the Outpost booth. It was very hearty with tons of veggies, beans and delicious seasoning served over rice.
Whoa! That looks good!
Too bad. At least they were (so it appears) cooked properly.
I can never resist riding what I fondly call "It's a Small Mexico."
::yes::

And nice you met up with a friend. Disney people are the best people. :)

I love that mug!!! And that does seem like a fancy in room breakfast just by using the real mug!
Right??? I have another mug too which is a dark blue DVC one as well as a really beautiful wine glass I was pixie dusted with on our December trip last year.
That is a perfect way to start a morning in Hollywood Studios!
I was pretty pleased!
This doesn't look right. It doesn't look oatmeal-y enough.... It is HUGE, we share one between 4 of us sometimes. Maybe you got a bad batch. bummer that you didn't like it.
It was definitely off. I'm glad I tried it but there are other things I know I enjoy more.
This sounds amazing! I have a goal for my 50th to do drinking around the world with some friends and a nice relaxing day after by the pool!
It's the best! I hope Andy plans a 50th trip for you that's as awesome as the one you planned for him!
I really liked the Hidden Springs pool with its bubbling springs and abundant shade. I assumed that they were going to replace it with a boring rectangular pool, but I was wrong. The new cove pool is really nice. There is plenty of shade and tables to sit at. We really like it. We have a bounce back discount for WL in February, so we will be enjoying it then. :)
So exciting that you are back in February! Have you been to Festival of the Arts before? I was seriously considering a February trip but I couldn't resist Christmas in the world!
They need some sort of sauce on them, like they have at Yak & Yeti.
They needed something for sure. They were cooked well enough but there was no real zip to them!
Ahh… an afternoon of pool time and relaxation sounds delightful! I’ve not always been good about doing this, but admit I enjoy my trip more when I do. :goodvibes
Well, it's much easier to achieve a relaxing pool afternoon on a solo trip than on a family trip with littles to wrangle.
It looks like a lovely night at Epcot! My only regret about the festival food booths is I can’t break out an extra stomach. :laughing: I’m glad you had fun with your new friend!
I know!! My list of what I want to try and my actual stomach capacity never match.
I'm looking forward to checking it out in December.
You will love it!!
Love this ride too, sadly I didn't get a chance to do it last month.
I bet it's on the list for December!
I'm sorry I missed this too.
It was lovely! I am really looking forward to the new show.
Great photo! Love your dress/ I have one too and the pockets are the best part.
Thank you! I love Ambrie dresses!
Poop. Next time rope drop it.
Haha! You can be sure there was a cabana in my future. :)
Whoa! That looks good!
Really good with a nice kick!
Too bad. At least they were (so it appears) cooked properly.
They were cooked just fine. They really needed a bit more seasoning.
And nice you met up with a friend. Disney people are the best people. :)
Absolutely!

So exciting that you are back in February! Have you been to Festival of the Arts before? I was seriously considering a February trip but I couldn't resist Christmas in the world!
We have been to WDW during the Festival of the Arts, but I personally don't find the festival worth a special trip. I know that a lot of people love it, but I'm just not into Disney themed artwork. We like to go to WDW during the cheap value season, when room rates are at its lowest and the weather back home is at its coldest. :)

Instead I snagged a lounger under a shady umbrella and settled in with a lovely sauvingon blanc in my tumbler and a great book to enjoy. Perfection!

Sounds lovely! I haven't made it to the Boulder Ridge pool yet, but I've passed by it a lot, and it seems nice and quiet.

She is a fellow DVC owner and retired teacher so we had lots in common and chatted happily away.

How fun!

I never saw Epcot Forever, and I'm very curious to see what Luminous will be like when it debuts.

We have been to WDW during the Festival of the Arts, but I personally don't find the festival worth a special trip. I know that a lot of people love it, but I'm just not into Disney themed artwork. We like to go to WDW during the cheap value season, when room rates are at its lowest and the weather back home is at its coldest. :)
I am all about a good deal and getting away from home when the air is so cold it hurts your face.
It sure is. We'll have JP so I'm sure he'll want to ride too.
Will you have all three boys with you on this trip?
Sounds lovely! I haven't made it to the Boulder Ridge pool yet, but I've passed by it a lot, and it seems nice and quiet.
I love the chill vibe of a quiet pool. I am definitely not a fan of the games and high energy activities at the main pools.
I never saw Epcot Forever, and I'm very curious to see what Luminous will be like when it debuts.
I am very curious about the new show. I adored Illuminations and was not a big fan of Harmonious. Fingers crossed it lives up to expectations. :goodvibes

It's DH and I and we're only taking JP. I don't think we could handle all 3 with just the 2 of us. We would be outnumbered.
So nice for JP to have some special grandparent time. ❤️

So nice for JP to have some special grandparent time. ❤️

I'm looking forward to our time together. I've been picking up some Christmas shirts for him to wear on the trip. He's in a growth spurts so we're getting some pants and shorts too. I'm not use to planning outfits for anyone but me.

Time to meet some elephants!

I had a reservation for Caring for Elephants this morning and was very excited to take part in this tour! But first I needed a picture with my favourite tree!

A8BF2EC0-FB53-45C7-9ED0-D780BD6CD72C.jpeg
I also had the chance to finally see Feathered Friends in Flight at the front of the park! This was truly magical. :)

41D3D77A-8541-41F7-91F4-D67F5DD82630.jpeg
I made my way back to Africa for the check in area for the tour and checked in. Our name tags were made on "poo paper" aka 85% elelphant poop! We got to go backstage to head to our air conditioned van which took us to the elephant viewing area. Our guide was so informative and kind. Arriving at the viewing area, our guide shared details about each individual elephant which was so interesting. We met Nidirah, Luna and Stella. Stella was full of mischief and put on quite a show!

05A0B359-C245-4D05-BF37-2D926FCB4D27.jpeg
Here they are in all their glory! It was so fun to have uninterrupted time to watch them.

C8A46444-BD26-49D7-8AC1-2B6B8917E61A.jpeg

D99DD8B1-7119-4E83-88B7-F5567951AA97.jpeg

39BBBC1D-7668-4AFA-AF57-2A65F5853D6B.jpeg
Our guide also offerd to take pictures of all of us in the viewing area.
2EE45AB7-9551-4E42-BD1D-253990C7D192.jpeg
Any guesses as to what this item is???
CD058241-6F69-4532-9D39-72F96BAAB27A.jpeg

After the tour ended, I was ready for a snack and headed to Creature Comforts for an iced vanilla latte and some fresh watermelon. Perfection!

E5FD1684-283D-49F8-A1B5-3503EC75884F.jpeg
On my way to my next adventure in the park ran into Kevin and had the best interaction with her.....so fun!!
A8D455B4-F945-411E-BAD3-88E71641458D.jpeg

Last edited:
Time to meet some characters!!

Chip and Dale are a must do for me and are just the cutest in their dinosaur outfits! This was such a fun meet and I laughed along at all their antics.

ADCFC72A-1FF1-4DD0-A5A2-263B04D263CB.jpeg
I was ready for lunch and you know for me, lunch at AK means Nomad Lounge!
1DCE85F7-2876-4B8C-A21A-72DBCD5D0C62.jpeg
I had a 15 minute wait but was rewarded with my favourite table.
C5A87C14-34B9-4C54-8D58-B337B599637B.jpeg
Today's beverage of choice was the Lamu Libation (Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, and Guava Purée with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum). It was a very tropical, fruity drink and went down quite nicely. :)
8EA8C8F8-2499-40A2-93C4-76FD71D5DFF0.jpeg
I went for the land salad with grilled chicken as I already knew what I was having for dessert. This was fresh and delicious!
3469564F-9B38-43A3-9159-9995C661FBBC.jpeg
The churros were fantastic as always and of course I ate every single one!

I even got a character flotilla to round out my experience!

9CE66F82-143A-4C8A-B01E-97033672AFE6.jpeg

Arriving back at Boulder Ridge, I changed for the pool and lucked out with a cabana! I alternated between reading, swimming and lounging for the next few hours. I contemplated going to Studios for the end of the night. But I wasn't feeling the crowds so I opted for a low key evening.
830FAE92-C52E-4D39-A377-B93E65CB7001.jpeg
I enjoyed an evening cruise over Bay Lake and the Seven Seas lagoon on my way to the Poly for the super yummy Thai coconut curry meatballs at Captain Cooks. I browsed around Boutiki, did some pin trading and took in the ambiance. A perfect end to a very fun day!
18DF75E0-3FAB-4AED-876F-DB32ADE13C78.jpeg
A40499AF-DCCA-4DF6-BD78-AB1D637E80F2.jpeg

3B36196C-7BB5-49B9-8E50-40E5F784F23E.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter