Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

I think it was part of a 2 bdrm lockoff. It doesn't even show up on Touring Plans as a room option!
That’s the first I’ve heard of this happening. o_O

we’ve yet to stay in a redone room, missed that last December. Assume we’ll get one this year, hopefully with a balcony lol
I absolutely adore the Boulder Ridge Cove pool! Why yes, there are free cabanas but I wasn't lucky enough to snag one this afternoon
You really have to be an early bird. I tend to be one of the first at the pools in the summer @ WDW. Have been annoyed a few times that towels are often scattered in the cabanas and no signs of life for hours.

love a good disney dress:thumbsup2

we’ve yet to stay in a redone room, missed that last December. Assume we’ll get one this year, hopefully with a balcony lol
Welcome to a fellow BRV owner! I see you own at AKL as well.....I am saving my pennies for a contract there! And OKW too, a girl can dream right?? :)
You really have to be an early bird. I tend to be one of the first at the pools in the summer @ WDW. Have been annoyed a few times that towels are often scattered in the cabanas and no signs of life for hours.
I give people an hour with towels out. If they're not back by that time the loungers/cabanas are free game!
love a good disney dress:thumbsup2
Same...it's a bit of an obsession, lol!

Christmas trip is a go!!!

Where ~ Gran Destino Tower in a waterview room
When ~ December 7th - 11th
Tickets ~ 3 day park hoppers
Flight ~ West Jet through Airmiles only paying taxes of $154
With ~ a lovely Disboards friend!

Park plans as follows....

Friday, December 8th ~ MK (it's a party day so hopefully lighter crowds), lunch at Tony's, followed by a monorail crawl (GP, Steakhouse 71, Tambu, Enchanted Rose)
Saturday, December 9th ~ 4 parks/1 day!
Sunday, December 10th~ AK/EP with an early dinner at Akershaus for Candlelight Processional viewing at 8:30 pm.
Monday, December 11th ~ Disney Springs with lunch on the patio at the Boathouse! Late flight home leaving MCO at 9 pm.

Will I be tired the next day at work? Yep!
Will it be worth it??? Absolutely!

I also had the chance to finally see Feathered Friends in Flight at the front of the park! This was truly magical. :)
We've seen this show a few times and it is very cute. :)

Caring for Elephants
We did this tour and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to learn about using beehives to control elephants. It had the added advantage of producing honey. :)
I even got a character flotilla to round out my experience!
I'm glad that they kept this pandemic era attraction.
I enjoyed an evening cruise over Bay Lake and the Seven Seas lagoon on my way to the Poly for the super yummy Thai coconut curry meatballs at Captain Cooks.
We love to take the WL boat to go to one of the monorails resorts. The walking path to GF is especially convenient from the MK boat dock. And the short walk is very relaxing. :)
I give people an hour with towels out. If they're not back by that time the loungers/cabanas are free game!
You are more patient than me. I will take a lounger right away if it looks like the "squatter" isn't at the pool. I don't like to take any loungers with personal items on them, but if they just leave towels then they are free game. I have done this many times at Storm Along Bay at the YC/BC and no one has ever come to claim the loungers that I took. :)

In fact, what often happens is the person who claimed the chairs in the morning will show up at 4pm, remove their items, and leave the pool area without ever using the chairs.
I've heard a lot of good things about the tower. And this is a great time to go to WDW. :)

Tickets ~ 3 day park hoppers
Flight ~ West Jet through Airmiles only paying taxes of $154
With ~ a lovely Disboards friend!

Park plans as follows....

Friday, December 8th ~ MK (it's a party day so hopefully lighter crowds), lunch at Tony's, followed by a monorail crawl (GP, Steakhouse 71, Tambu, Enchanted Rose)
Saturday, December 9th ~ 4 parks/1 day!
Sunday, December 10th~ AK/EP with an early dinner at Akershaus for Candlelight Processional viewing at 8:30 pm.
Monday, December 11th ~ Disney Springs with lunch on the patio at the Boathouse! Late flight home leaving MCO at 9 pm.

Sounds great!!

I had a reservation for Caring for Elephants this morning and was very excited to take part in this tour!
Ah! I've been curious about this tour for a while. :)
But first I needed a picture with my favourite tree!
Nice photo, too. :)
Our name tags were made on "poo paper" aka 85% elelphant poop!
Can you imagine...
"So, what do you do for a living?"
"I'm Disney's official poop gatherer."
Arriving at the viewing area, our guide shared details about each individual elephant which was so interesting. We met Nidirah, Luna and Stella.
Never knew their names. Now I do. :)
Any guesses as to what this item is???
CD058241-6F69-4532-9D39-72F96BAAB27A.jpeg
Looks like an elephant tooth.
On my way to my next adventure in the park ran into Kevin and had the best interaction with her.....so fun!!
How so? What did she do that was different?
Chip and Dale are a must do for me and are just the cutest in their dinosaur outfits! This was such a fun meet and I laughed along at all their antics.
:laughing:
lunch at AK means Nomad Lounge!
Such a great little place. And so many people never stop there.
Today's beverage of choice was the Lamu Libation (Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, and Guava Purée with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum).
I just had a thought. I don't do rum, but... I'm thinking next time I might order that... just have them change the liquor to something else. Should be do-able if it's not a pre-mix?
The churros were fantastic as always and of course I ate every single one!
I need to order this, next time I'm there. ::yes::
Arriving back at Boulder Ridge, I changed for the pool and lucked out with a cabana!
Score!
And no rope drop required.
I enjoyed an evening cruise over Bay Lake and the Seven Seas lagoon on my way to the Poly for the super yummy Thai coconut curry meatballs at Captain Cooks.
That sounds like a really nice way to round out the day. :)

What a lovely, low-key day! I’ve done two Disney tours (Keys to the Kingdom and Behind the Seeds) and I’d LOVE to do more - an Animal Kingdom tour sounds especially fun! And the “poo paper” made me giggle - how neat (but gross?) that they include that in the tour.

Whoo-hoo for a cabana! A evening cruise is fun, too - I love your nighttime pictures.

And :jumping1: for your Christmas trip! You and Caroline will have so much fun!

I love your cabana moment. I sit here at my desk wishing I was there right now. And your Christmas trip sounds AMAZING!!!!

Oh, and that drink at Nomad?? That sounds right up my alley. I will have to give it a try.

But first I needed a picture with my favourite tree!

A8BF2EC0-FB53-45C7-9ED0-D780BD6CD72C.jpeg

Great photo! Love your outfit and the animal clouds. I don't think I've seen those before.

Our name tags were made on "poo paper" aka 85% elelphant poop!

Very interesting! Kids would love this.

Any guesses as to what this item is???

No idea.

Today's beverage of choice was the Lamu Libation (Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, and Guava Purée with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum). It was a very tropical, fruity drink and went down quite nicely. :)

This is right up my alley.

That's fabulous!!

Sounds like a great trip. I hope y'all do a trip report together.

Welcome to a fellow BRV owner! I see you own at AKL as well.....I am saving my pennies for a contract there! And OKW too, a girl can dream right?? :)
Of course :).

I do give WL the nod over AK, mostly for boat transport to MK. We bought when it was the only MK resort lol

AK is a close 2nd for us. It’s been a bit stressful booking trying to snag the value categories the last few years, secret is out i guess. Finding myself just a bit short of points for our needs, may be beating the resale bushes myself sooner vs later to add on there.

enjoying the report, you travel well

I really need to make it over to Nomad Lounge one day. You haven't steered me wrong yet, with the WL and Geyser Point! :rotfl:

Hooray for the Christmas trip!!! How exciting.
And being tired at work is completely worth it when you're Disney tired. I'm sure being able to look back and say, "I was at Disney Springs this time yesterday" will help tremendously. ::yes::

Yay for your Christmas trip working out! We will be there the same dates but doing a different park order. We are doing Epcot on the 8th (our 1st time for CP!) and then MK on the 9th and heading home on the 10th. Have really been enjoying your report! 😊

Same but so worth it! I’m so excited and our plans look great 😊
I am so excited for our trip! :yay: :yay:
We did this tour and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to learn about using beehives to control elephants. It had the added advantage of producing honey. :)
I love "edutainment" and find Disney does it so well.
We love to take the WL boat to go to one of the monorails resorts. The walking path to GF is especially convenient from the MK boat dock. And the short walk is very relaxing. :)
The walking paths and boat transport are the best!
You are more patient than me. I will take a lounger right away if it looks like the "squatter" isn't at the pool. I don't like to take any loungers with personal items on them, but if they just leave towels then they are free game. I have done this many times at Storm Along Bay at the YC/BC and no one has ever come to claim the loungers that I took. :)
I will have to take a page out of your book! I just don't get why people think they can just take the loungers and not use them!
I've heard a lot of good things about the tower. And this is a great time to go to WDW. :)
Me too! Love a pre Christmas Disney trip!
Ah! I've been curious about this tour for a while. :)
It is well worth it. :)
Nice photo, too. :)
Thank you!
Looks like an elephant tooth.
You got it!!
How so? What did she do that was different?
A couple of kids were asking her questions and calling out to her and she was "answering" them. It was really cute!
I just had a thought. I don't do rum, but... I'm thinking next time I might order that... just have them change the liquor to something else. Should be do-able if it's not a pre-mix?
I think you could for sure. It's definitely freshly prepared.
I need to order this, next time I'm there. ::yes::
They are the BEST churros ever!
And no rope drop required.
Nope!
That sounds like a really nice way to round out the day. :)
It really was perfect. :goodvibes
What a lovely, low-key day! I’ve done two Disney tours (Keys to the Kingdom and Behind the Seeds) and I’d LOVE to do more - an Animal Kingdom tour sounds especially fun! And the “poo paper” made me giggle - how neat (but gross?) that they include that in the tour.
The AK tours are amazing. Spoiler alert, there is another tour coming up in a few days.
Whoo-hoo for a cabana! A evening cruise is fun, too - I love your nighttime pictures.
I love pool time and relaxation. :)
And :jumping1: for your Christmas trip! You and Caroline will have so much fun!
Thank you! We are both really excited!
Woot! And the plans look great! :)
Thank you! Counting the days down. :)
I love your cabana moment. I sit here at my desk wishing I was there right now. And your Christmas trip sounds AMAZING!!!!
It was such a perfect day. I am beyond excited to be going back before Christmas!
Oh, and that drink at Nomad?? That sounds right up my alley. I will have to give it a try.
It's so good!
Great photo! Love your outfit and the animal clouds. I don't think I've seen those before.
Thank you! I love that special effect too!

This is right up my alley.
It's so good!
That's fabulous!!
We are both super excited!
Sounds like a great trip. I hope y'all do a trip report together.
We are on the same page with all the plans so I think everything will go well!
Of course :).

I do give WL the nod over AK, mostly for boat transport to MK. We bought when it was the only MK resort lo
I love WL too...such a special place!
enjoying the report, you travel well
Thank you so much! I'm happy you joined in!
I really need to make it over to Nomad Lounge one day. You haven't steered me wrong yet, with the WL and Geyser Point! :rotfl:
You will LOVE Nomad, Alicia!
Hooray for the Christmas trip!!! How exciting.
And being tired at work is completely worth it when you're Disney tired. I'm sure being able to look back and say, "I was at Disney Springs this time yesterday" will help tremendously. ::yes::
Exactly!!
Yay for your Christmas trip working out! We will be there the same dates but doing a different park order. We are doing Epcot on the 8th (our 1st time for CP!) and then MK on the 9th and heading home on the 10th. Have really been enjoying your report! 😊
Lucky you getting CP for the 8th!! We were both trying to get ressies and the site kept crashing. We will be at MK on the 9th for fireworks. Where are you staying this trip?

We really enjoyed the elephant tour. I feel like I know Stella personally :rotfl: She has grown up with Andi over the years!
AK with the floattilla on the water and Kevin, ❤️❤️
Throw in Nomad lounge and this is heavenly, a favorite of ours!
I mentioned our trip on my TR! I am very excited. I think we have a wonderful lineup!

It is well worth it. :)
Noted. :)
I'd love to to the Rhino one, but that one is really hard to get, I've heard.
You got it!!
Yuss
A couple of kids were asking her questions and calling out to her and she was "answering" them. It was really cute!
:laughing: That's great!
I think you could for sure. It's definitely freshly prepared.
Good. Now I know what to get. :)
They are the BEST churros ever!
Even better than DL's?

Lucky you getting CP for the 8th!! We were both trying to get ressies and the site kept crashing. We will be at MK on the 9th for fireworks. Where are you staying this trip?
We are staying at OKW for this trip, which my youngest is excited about. It is his favorite resort!

We were going to be there until Monday so we could do HS as well, staying in a SSR treehouse for a night. It broke my heart to cancel that as we have not stayed in one before. Oh well, a future trip! 😊

I am thinking that I may do a trip report for the Christmas trip.

We really enjoyed the elephant tour. I feel like I know Stella personally :rotfl: She has grown up with Andi over the years!
Awww, I love that!
AK with the floattilla on the water and Kevin, ❤️❤️
The best!
I mentioned our trip on my TR! I am very excited. I think we have a wonderful lineup!
Oh my gosh, we are going to have SO much fun!
I'd love to to the Rhino one, but that one is really hard to get, I've heard.
I really wanted to do that as well but couldn't get a reservation. I think it's only offered once or twice a week.
Even better than DL's?
I haven't been to DL yet so will have to wait for a while to make that comparison.
We are staying at OKW for this trip, which my youngest is excited about. It is his favorite resort!
I adore OKW, it's such an oasis away from the parks. I always request Old Turle Pond road, it's such a great location.
I am thinking that I may do a trip report for the Christmas trip.
That would be awesome!

What a lovely time you had between relaxing at the pool and your tour at AK (well done to pkondz for guessing right and putting me out of my misery 🤣). I love how relaxed you are on your solo trips and the evening cruise with some eating and browsing sounded perfect :goodvibes
Your upcoming plans with Caroline sound like so much fun! I'm telling you now if I ever see an airfare even close to what you're paying I'll be begging to join in. You two are going to have a great time and it will be absolutely worth being tired in work:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter