Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

How young are your littles? Do you think they would be able to sit quietly and watch during the show?
They will be five (nearly six) and 20 months when we visit. I’m not worried about the five-year-old at all, but it will be pretty late for my youngest. I’m not sure strollers are allowed in Tomorrowland Terrace (but believe they can be in the garden for Plaza viewing?) so I was leaning toward the pre-party so the youngest could use the stroller if she’s sleepy.

I also hate to miss out on good views of the castle projections as I’ve never seen HEA, but must admit I loved sitting during the fireworks when I’ve done previous dessert parties! (Honestly, both are great options and it’s hard to know which is best.)

Onto your Christmas trip… that would be great! I’d LOVE to visit during the holiday season so I hope you can make it happen!

They will be five (nearly six) and 20 months when we visit. I’m not worried about the five-year-old at all, but it will be pretty late for my youngest. I’m not sure strollers are allowed in Tomorrowland Terrace (but believe they can be in the garden for Plaza viewing?) so I was leaning toward the pre-party so the youngest could use the stroller if she’s sleepy.

I also hate to miss out on good views of the castle projections as I’ve never seen HEA, but must admit I loved sitting during the fireworks when I’ve done previous dessert parties! (Honestly, both are great options and it’s hard to know which is best.)

Onto your Christmas trip… that would be great! I’d LOVE to visit during the holiday season so I hope you can make it happen!
Maybe the pre party would be best so you could enjoy all the goodies, then have the dedicated space to watch the show. I think having the stroller would be an asset in case your youngest was tired.

Thanks for the positive wishes! I have been twice at Christmas; a solo trip in 2019 and last year with my husband and LOVED it!
There's NOTHING like Christmas in Disney! I hope it works out!
Thanks Kelley! It really is the best! :goodvibes 🎄:goodvibes
Fingers crossed for your Christmas Disney Trip!
Thanks so much Vanessa!
Following along! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I'm happy you are following along, Debbie!

By this point I was feeling a little peckish and went for a yummy second breakfast at Aloha Isle. Pineapple upside down cake with pineapple/coconut swirl Dole Whip for the win!
IMG_3622.jpeg
A perfecr breakfast!

hese meets were so fun! Although I was annoyed that Disney has replaced a photopass photographer at this location with the dreaded photo box. I just don't feel you get the same quality of photo.
Ugh I hate the photo boxes. booooo

So I may have booked a Christmas trip!
Jealous!

Off to Hollywood this morning!

I took full advantage of having my kitchenette and made coffee and a yummy breakfast before leaving for the park. I love having my own mugs and dishes in my Owner's Locker as it makes it feel a bit more like home. Nothing fancy this morning....simply a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and banana as well as my favourite Kicking Horse organic coffee.
E4C5C50F-C3E0-4194-AC88-818C53EAF3E6.jpeg
I had great bus luck this morning, leaving Wilderness Lodge about 7:30 and making it through the turnstiles by 8:05. I took advantage of the extra 30 minutes for resort guests and knocked off Rockin' Roller Coaster right away. It was a walk on and I easily could have ridden twice in a row but I had my sights set on Tower of Terror. It was down when I walked by on the way to RnRC but luckily it was back up quickly and I walked on to it as well. It was now 8:30 and I had already experienced two of my favourite attractions!

4DCA9CBC-7B45-48B0-A0A2-4ADDF72D2B25.jpeg
After a trip through my favourite haunted hotel, I headed off to Toy Story Land. I had hopes of Slinky but was not up for an 110 minute wait. So off I went to Toy Story Midway Mania where I finally got a score above 60,000. Small steps, folks!
43FD18CC-7047-4704-A297-5DCDEF9032CD.jpegA9C9EF90-FCD8-4C94-B217-4B4C22F0F1DF.jpeg
Swirling Saucers was posted 20 minutes but was really closer to 10 so I headed there next. Coming off the ride I noticed the Green Army men gathering and got to take in their show. Love the fun streetsmosphere and I am noticing more of this coming back to the parks. Still holding out hope for the Citizens of Hollywood and the Main Street Trolley Show to come back. :goodvibes

8311DEF8-2187-4761-A6AB-F5833C063797.jpeg
I was planning on the Frozen show next but had some time to kill so decided to go and meet my favourite snowman. I love Olaf and always have fun with him. :)
9273E147-656D-4925-83FA-EDC58B28CF94.jpeg

112647F7-93A5-47F2-98AB-BAEE05F5774A.jpeg
The Frozen show never disappoints and soon I was laughing along with the historians, singing along with all the fun songs and enjoying the "snow". It's pretty much the only kind I like!
54E59E2E-9F8D-423B-ABDD-2CBDFE047E26.jpeg
After the show I was ready for lunch so headed to my beloved Baseline Tap House. I went for the Charcuterie board which was on point as well as a delicious orange hard cider. So good!
33B1ED0D-DD11-463A-A7E1-9C287C260565.jpeg
I was feeling dessertish so headed over to Backlot Express to try the Wookie Cookie, This was an one and done for me and I ended tossing it out a few days later. I'll stick with my Carrot Cake cookie going forward.
A29D508F-7FCE-4CAB-9A7C-A689807E88B1.jpeg
It was about 12:45 now and I was feeling pretty pleased with everything I had accomplished. It was time for a rest, some pool time and plans for an Epcot evenng!

Last edited:
Really like the mug! :thumbsup2
I had great bus luck this morning, leaving Wilderness Lodge about 7:30 and making it through the turnstiles by 8:05.
Not bad! You must've basically walked up to the bus stop and right on a bus.
knocked off Rockin' Roller Coaster right away. It was a walk on and I easily could have ridden twice in a row but I had my sights set on Tower of Terror. It was down when I walked by on the way to RnRC but luckily it was back up quickly and I walked on to it as well.
Pretty good timing on those. :)
I had hopes of Slinky but was not up for an 110 minute wait.
Nope!
I finally got a score above 60,000. Small steps, folks!
:laughing: Beaver can't be far behind!
Still holding out hope for the Citizens of Hollywood
ooohhh... yes please. They were so wonderful.
Really like this one. You and Olaf are just two old pals hanging around discussing things.
The Frozen show never disappoints and soon I was laughing along with the historians
::yes:: Such a good show.
a delicious orange hard cider.
Orange cider? I've never heard of that. Must try it!
I was feeling dessertish so headed over to Backlot Express to try the Wookie Cookie, This was an one and done for me and I ended tossing it out a few days later.
Not a ringing endorsement.

Love reading your Trip Reports and your adventures.

Where do you get your darling dresses?

I love having my own mugs and dishes in my Owner's Locker as it makes it feel a bit more like home.
I love your mug. Do owners Locker deliver to you at resort or do you have to go pick it up on arrival in Orlando? It’s lovely that you can have some home comforts without the extra baggage for your flight there.
Love the fun streetsmosphere and I am noticing more of this coming back to the parks. Still holding out hope for the Citizens of Hollywood and the Main Street Trolley Show to come back.
I love that things are getting back to normal. The Streetmosphere actors add so much to the experience. I love them all!
I love Olaf and always have fun with him. :)
Great photos of you both.
The Frozen show never disappoints
Have to admit I have never seen this show but I’ve heard only good things about it.
I was ready for lunch so headed to my beloved Baseline Tap House
My all time favourite spot to sit and watch the world go by in HS. Love that charcuterie board. The orange cider sounds tasty too.

Really like the mug! :thumbsup2
Thank you! I found it at World of Disney a few years ago. It's one of my favourites.
Not bad! You must've basically walked up to the bus stop and right on a bus.
Yup!
Pretty good timing on those. :)
It really was.....prefect start to the day! :)
ooohhh... yes please. They were so wonderful.
The best!!
Really like this one. You and Olaf are just two old pals hanging around discussing things.
Me too!
::yes:: Such a good show.
It is a must do for me every trip.
Orange cider? I've never heard of that. Must try it!
It's really good.
Not a ringing endorsement.
It was dry and the filling was way too sweet.
Love reading your Trip Reports and your adventures.
Thank you so much and :welcome: !
Where do you get your darling dresses?
I may have a small dress obsession, lol! I love Ambrie but sadly they are no longer in business. I buy from Spades Boutique and Enchanted Dress Shoppe (they are pre order shops). I have several dresses from Disney Dress Shoppe as well. I also like Stitch Shoppe by Loungefly. Lately I have purchased a few dresses from Her Universe and Box Lunch as well. I do love them all. :)
I love your mug. Do owners Locker deliver to you at resort or do you have to go pick it up on arrival in Orlando? It’s lovely that you can have some home comforts without the extra baggage for your flight there.
Thank you! It was from the Disney Home collection a few years ago. Owner's Locker delivers right to your resort. I send them an email telling them the drop off and pick up dates and they take it from there.
I love that things are getting back to normal. The Streetmosphere actors add so much to the experience. I love them all!
Same!
Great photos of you both.
Thank you!
My all time favourite spot to sit and watch the world go by in HS. Love that charcuterie board. The orange cider sounds tasty too.
It's just the best!

You tour so much like me Susan! This is why we have to travel together more!
Minus RnRc lol 😂
We missed our beloved Tap House this trip, boo 😒 Love that place!
I agree the snoap is the only snow I like, to bad we get tons of the real stuff 🥲

I had great bus luck this morning, leaving Wilderness Lodge about 7:30 and making it through the turnstiles by 8:05.
We've had great bus luck when staying at WL. I agree with you that DHS is a park that you really need to get to for early opening. Once the general crowd gets in the lines are much too long.

Coming off the ride I noticed the Green Army men gathering and got to take in their show. Love the fun streetsmosphere and I am noticing more of this coming back to the parks. Still holding out hope for the Citizens of Hollywood and the Main Street Trolley Show to come back. :goodvibes
I love seeing the street actors again. It really makes the parks more fun to see this extra entertainment.

The Frozen show never disappoints and soon I was laughing along with the historians, singing along with all the fun songs and enjoying the "snow". It's pretty much the only kind I like!
It is my favorite show, too. It seems like the historians always have a few new lines for every show. :)

Love your mug!

Sunset Boulevard is a great way to start your day - I adore the Tower of Terror.

I’ve heard so much more about the Wookie Cookie than the Carrot Cake Cookie lately… interesting that you weren’t as much of a fan. I’ll likely try the WC but will also have to get my favorite CCC.

It was now 8:30 and I had already experienced two of my favourite attractions!

Great start to your day.

So off I went to Toy Story Midway Mania where I finally got a score above 60,000. Small steps, folks!

:banana: Progress is always good.

Still holding out hope for the Citizens of Hollywood and the Main Street Trolley Show to come back. :goodvibes

Me too!

The Frozen show never disappoints and soon I was laughing along with the historians, singing along with all the fun songs and enjoying the "snow".

We love this show!

This was an one and done for me and I ended tossing it out a few days later. I'll stick with my Carrot Cake cookie going forward.
I'm sorry you didn't like it. I liked it okay but not as much as the Carrot Cake Cookie.

there was NO balcony!!!

No balcony?! Why would they have a DVC room without a balcony? Yuck. I don't blame you one bit for moving rooms.

There needs to be more towel racks in the bathroom

Absolutely! After traveling as a family of four so much, I've come to realize there are never enough towel hooks in hotel bathrooms!

The food was delicious although heavily on the sweet side.

Agreed. I wish there were a few more savory options.

and got some POG juice to make a POG mimosa.

This is a fabulous idea! Oh my goodness, I wish I had thought of that this summer. Not sure when I'll do the dessert party again, but when I do I'm copying this idea.

So I may have booked a Christmas trip!

Yay!

The Frozen show never disappoints

It's very entertaining.

This was an one and done for me and I ended tossing it out a few days later.

I agree, it is underwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter