"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to buy party tickets online lately? I figured I’d just get ahead with the planning with our rescheduled October trip and tried to purchase online. I got a confirmation for the order but then a half hour later got an e-mail saying it couldn’t go through and to try again or call. I wondered if they are not processing any tickets until more is known.

Go into MDE and see if it's in your "plans". If so, you're good.

Go into MDE and see if it's in your "plans". If so, you're good.
Thank you! It’s not there unfortunately. Do I try to purchase again online? I feel like it’s not worth a call with everyone else trying to get in to reschedule vacations. We are DVC so I would call Member Services which might have a shorter wait.

Thank you! It’s not there unfortunately. Do I try to purchase again online? I feel like it’s not worth a call with everyone else trying to get in to reschedule vacations. We are DVC so I would call Member Services which might have a shorter wait.
Has the amount been taken out to your bank account or credit card charged?

Has the amount been taken out to your bank account or credit card charged?

This.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but there are obvious ways to check this. Look in your bank account for one if it's related to money. Or call WDW with your confirmation number and confirm. Or check your Disney account to see if it's there.

If it's your money, I'd hope you'll be able to be checking it out!

Hope all works out for you.

Thanks all! Yes, everyone was right and all good suggestions of things to do. I did check my credit card and while it wasn’t there I thought it might take the charge a day or so to appear. I was actually thrown off with the confirmation e-mail and then the problem e-mail right after. And there is a prompt on the confirmation page about not sending out hard tickets until after April 8, so I thought maybe party tickets were not being sold during the closure.

I called DVC, had a short wait and pleasant cast member and while she couldn’t guarantee that it hadn’t gone through, I hedged my bets, purchased through her and everything is now linked and credit card is now charged.
Long and short, it must have been a glitch and tickets to the party are currently being sold.
Thanks for your replies. It’s our first Halloween party, looking forward to following along on the page in the months to come.

We have a May trip planned that I can't cancel yet - I am resigned that it will not happen but "too far out" for Priceline. Anyway, the backup is in August for my DD's AND my mom's birthdays (the one in May was for my birthday ;)). Not even thinking the Halloween party would be this early the tentative plan was Aug 5-13, then I saw that the first party will be on the 13th! So now I am thinking 5-14th :)

We have gone to the DLR party 5 times and we always have a blast. I have read that the WDW party is very crowded and some have found it not a great event. Anyone done both that can give me an idea how they are different?

I wonder if due to the virus, the initial parties during the hotter months will have a smaller capacity of people? I already have tickets for August 18th and did book the dessert party for the fireworks so definitely won't be in that mass of people.

We have gone to the DLR party 5 times and we always have a blast. I have read that the WDW party is very crowded and some have found it not a great event. Anyone done both that can give me an idea how they are different?

I have been to both, but it rained when I went to the DLR party so my experience may not be typical. My friend and I easily got a seat on a bench to watch the parade. Another friend got a seat on the curb with no problem. The parade area was not crowded at all. We walked up to a trick-or-treat spot and there was nobody in front of us. The character waits were not short, but the ones at Disney World were a lot longer.

Disney World can have long-ish waits for most of the characters, and ridiculously long (hours-long) waits for some of the rarer ones. Walking through the Main Street area and the LIberty Square area can mean fighting your way through the crowds. There are projections on the castle during the fireworks, so many people want to be close enough to the castle to see them. If you're willing to watch the fireworks without seeing the projections, you won't be crammed in. There was a special cake at a popcorn cart; that line was ridiculous, as was the line in Main Street Bakery/Starbucks. I think at Disney World it depends on what you want to do and when you want to do it. I was Disneybounding Cinderella so I wanted to meet her; there was only 1 family in front of me.

This will be our first Halloween party. What does your typical day look like? Do you just attend the party for the day or do you go to another park that morning? What time do you eat dinner and where? We are thinking about eating at the MK around 5:30 or 6. But, should we focus more on riding rides during that time?

This will be our first Halloween party. What does your typical day look like? Do you just attend the party for the day or do you go to another park that morning? What time do you eat dinner and where? We are thinking about eating at the MK around 5:30 or 6. But, should we focus more on riding rides during that time?
[/QUOTE
We usually go over after lunch and spend the rest of the time there. I would eat dinner before the party. Too much to do during the party to waste time on a meal :)

Option 1: eat before
9 - Wake up, Lounge about the hotel room, hit the pool
11:30 Brunch/Lunch/tea, followed by pool time and then naps
1:00, get dressed! costumes are half the fun, then leave for....
3:00, early dinner usually at a monorail resort
4:00, arrive at front gate

Option 2: eat during
2:30, Get dressed! then transport to park
4:00 arrive at front gate
4:00 to 6:00 - fast passes, shopping, and all the rides that will have overlays so we can experience them the normal way
6:00 to 7:00, dinner, usually Liberty Tree Tavern, although we're thinking about Crystal Palace this year
7:00, leave dinner and step into the party!

4:00 to 6:00 - fast passes, shopping, and all the rides that will have overlays so we can experience them the normal way
6:00 to 7:00, dinner, usually Liberty Tree Tavern, although we're thinking about Crystal Palace this year

Thank you so much for these details! We are excited about our first party in the World. We may do something similar to Option #2. :)

Thank you so much for these details! We are excited about our first party in the World. We may do something similar to Option #2. :)
If you decide to eat at Table Service restaurant during the 6 o'clock hour, you'll need this link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/
The only place I wouldn't recommend is Be Our Guest. They didn't have any special Halloween food, and service was very slow. Dinner ended up taking almost 2 hours! To contrast Cinderella's Royal Table got us out in about an hour and 15 minutes, and Tony's Town Square or Liberty Tree Tavern get us dinner in an hour.

If you decide to eat at Table Service restaurant during the 6 o'clock hour, you'll need this link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/
The only place I wouldn't recommend is Be Our Guest. They didn't have any special Halloween food, and service was very slow. Dinner ended up taking almost 2 hours! To contrast Cinderella's Royal Table got us out in about an hour and 15 minutes, and Tony's Town Square or Liberty Tree Tavern get us dinner in an hour.

We are trying to decide between Crystal Palace and Tony's. We've never been to Tony's.

We are trying to decide between Crystal Palace and Tony's. We've never been to Tony's.
It's a love it or hate it kind of place. I don't recall anything special for Halloween but the French fries were worth the wait. (Yes I ordered fries in an Italian place, and yes, they were the best part - thick cut and pan seared.)

Hi!! I am a rescheduler due to Covid-19 and the bright side of moving our May trip to October was finally getting to do MNSSHP!! :)

Question- the date we are looking at is Oct 27 as it is DD's birthday. I am a little hesitant to put out more money at the moment until we get the whole May trip funds back... how long can I wait to buy tickets? Is it just a good idea to have them before your FP date? Also I know that as it gets closer to Halloween the parties get more crowded, but with it being a Tuesday hopefully it wouldn't sell out?

Parks officially closed "indefinitely." Surely they'll be up before MNSSHP, but it may be cutting it close. Wont be surprised to see the parks stay closed for 2 more months.

Disneyland:
"While there is still much uncertainty with respect to the impacts of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our Guests and employees remain The Walt Disney Company’s top priority. As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, the Disneyland Resort will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to carefully evaluate this complex and fluid situation.

Last Updated: March 27, 2020"

Disney World:
"Temporary Closures at Walt Disney World ResortTemporary Closures at Walt Disney World Resort
In view of the current situation and in line with direction provided by government officials, Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice."

I would pick option 1 :)

We tend to have a very relaxing day by the pool, eat lunch and start to get ready around 2pm. We get there for the 4 pm open and *sometimes* have FP+ scheduled ahead of time. You can book your 3 FP+ with the party ticket, just make sure you can fit them in before 6pm. I think mine at one of the parties last year was 3:15 - 4:15 Buzz, 4:20 - 5:20 7DMT, and 5:20 - 6 pm Jungle Cruise. (JC usually isn't open during the party, but last year they started opening it to help with crowds, not sure if they will do it this year)

Because we use the party as a MK day, (the party is a full 8 hours. You will be exhausted at the end!) we don't do a "day" park and we like to spend as much time riding the rides and doing shows as we can so we don't eat a table service meal there. Mobile ordering for counter service is your friend!

HTH! The best advice I can give is to just remember there's no such thing as a perfect party plan, so try to be flexible. Expect crowds, but know that it can still be fun. Do what works for you and your family, familiarize yourself with the show times, rides that have overlays and decide what you really want to do. You'll have a great time!

Question- the date we are looking at is Oct 27 as it is DD's birthday. I am a little hesitant to put out more money at the moment until we get the whole May trip funds back... how long can I wait to buy tickets? Is it just a good idea to have them before your FP date? Also I know that as it gets closer to Halloween the parties get more crowded, but with it being a Tuesday hopefully it wouldn't sell out?
There were a lot of sold out parties last year and there's no way to know ahead of time which ones will sell out. (except for Halloween itself) One of my parties last year, October 10th, sold out and some family members were not able to get tickets because they waited too long. (we had a LARGE group of extended family and friends there at that party) The first page of this thread has prior party dates and those that sold out, including when they sold out. It might give you an idea.... but last year was a crazy wild card.

IMO, looking at all of us who had to cancel our spring trips, I'm seeing A LOT of people talking about scheduling for Fall. It will be interesting to see if/how this affects party crowds and sell outs. Just something to keep an eye on.

Re: FP+.... My second party last year was a Hurricane Dorian do-over, so I got my party tickets about two weeks before that trip and made my FP+ then. We didn't plan on going one month after we were there for an August party and I was pleasantly surprised we got 7DMT and JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter