Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Was that for your race registration or room cancellation? I got my room deposit back, but no sign of race registrations yet. Thx for the reminder - I keep forgetting to check!
I got a refund for room/park tickets/race registration. I even got refunded for the virtual half, but I’m guessing they couldn’t separate that from the challenge fee.

you will NOT get your virtual medal if you are part of the Kessel Challenge.... fyi, you have to register separately before March 31 ends.

this is what my TA sent me

Previously we were told that the virtual portion of the Kessel Run Challenge would be sent to you and $59 would be kept by Disney, however, the system faced some limitations when processing these cancellations. You will receive a FULL refund for your Kessel Run Challenge and the Virtual Race will NOT be shipped to you.
If you would like to receive a medal for the virtual half marathon, you will need to re-register on runDisney.com - you can do so by clicking here. The virtual series will remain open for new registrations until March 31st, 2020.

you will NOT get your virtual medal if you are part of the Kessel Challenge.... fyi, you have to register separately before March 31 ends.

this is what my TA sent me

Previously we were told that the virtual portion of the Kessel Run Challenge would be sent to you and $59 would be kept by Disney, however, the system faced some limitations when processing these cancellations. You will receive a FULL refund for your Kessel Run Challenge and the Virtual Race will NOT be shipped to you.
If you would like to receive a medal for the virtual half marathon, you will need to re-register on runDisney.com - you can do so by clicking here. The virtual series will remain open for new registrations until March 31st, 2020.

It certainly would have been nice if RunDisney had bothered to tell us that after sending a very clear email detailing that we would, in fact, be receiving the medal. Also very stupid on their part, as many who might have re-registered to receive the medal won’t know to do that since they’re waiting for the promised medals to be delivered.

It certainly would have been nice if RunDisney had bothered to tell us that after sending a very clear email detailing that we would, in fact, be receiving the medal. Also very stupid on their part, as many who might have re-registered to receive the medal won’t know to do that since they’re waiting for the promised medals to be delivered.
mind you, this is what the Travel Agent told me - I do believe this issue applies to booking of the Kessel Run even outside of the TA, but I can't be certain. What I mean, is I bought mine in an entire package via a TA, but you could have also bought the challenge on your own - I assume this applies to even the one you got on your own.

But yeah, disney not making this clear and there being only 2 days left now that they figured there is a problem is kind of crappy.

mind you, this is what the Travel Agent told me - I do believe this issue applies to booking of the Kessel Run even outside of the TA, but I can't be certain. What I mean, is I bought mine in an entire package via a TA, but you could have also bought the challenge on your own - I assume this applies to even the one you got on your own.

But yeah, disney not making this clear and there being only 2 days left now that they figured there is a problem is kind of crappy.

They haven’t processed my race fee refund yet, so I can’t tell what they’re going to do. I guess I’ll watch for the refund to post and if it comes in $59 short I’ll know to keep an eye out for the virtual medal. I’m not too worried about it either way.

nice...were you part of the challenge or did you sign up for the virtual separately? Some mentioned challenge ones may not have yet mailed. thanks

When race registration opened last year, I signed up for the Rival Run Challenge (on my own). End of February I signed up for the virtual half (also on my own) with the intention of converting my initial registration to Kessel (via rD). But I never got to the chance to convert it and with the way things were going both where I live and with WDW I never bothered. So that's why I got the medal in the mail - cause I never had an official Kessel registration.

Very crappy. I wonder if they will say anything publicly/via email or just let it go.

I would be pretty mad if I had wanted the virtual medal anyway and - despite them clearly saying via multiple outlets I would - just outright never received it without warning; nor given the opportunity to purchase it after the fact (even after the cut off).

Say what??? If this is accurate, rD really screwed up! The previous email about the cancellation indicated that if we were signed up for Kessel we would still get the virtual medal. Not cool >:(

Has anybody received a refund for the special magic band? That's the only thing that hasn't come through as far as my refunds. I almost forgot about it.

Has anybody received a refund for the special magic band? That's the only thing that hasn't come through as far as my refunds. I almost forgot about it.
That's the only thing I've gotten a refund for so far. But in fairness to them, I purchased it separately from my race registration and my race registration has to be refunded a different way than my originalpayment method so I suspect it will take longer than most. Now I just have to figure out which gift card got the credit (and hope I still have it). (To clarify...I got an email that I've been refunded the Magic Band amount to my gift card, I just haven't actually confirmed it yet...)

I’ve only been refunded for my resort reservation so far. I didn’t order any commemorative merch, just Rival Run and 5k registrations.

Okay, so after posting Sunday, I sent an email to runDisney asking about it. This was the reply:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge.

According to our records, [information about my specific registration]. Please note that registered participants for the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge will receive the finisher medals for the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon.

Finisher medals are awarded to runners based on the honor system of having walked, run, or jogged the registered distance during the event's time frame. Please know these shipments are sent on a revolving basis, which means some Guests will receive their packages prior to others.

Hopefully that gives you all some answers.

Oddly, they did not reiterate about the money being taken out.... :scratchin

Okay, so after posting Sunday, I sent an email to runDisney asking about it. This was the reply:

According to our records, [information about my specific registration]. Please note that registered participants for the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge will receive the finisher medals for the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon.

Finisher medals are awarded to runners based on the honor system of having walked, run, or jogged the registered distance during the event's time frame. Please know these shipments are sent on a revolving basis, which means some Guests will receive their packages prior to others.

Thank you for sharing that. I went to register today for the virtual half after the reports that Kessel Run would not receive the virtual half and it was sold out.

I’d held onto my Fastpasses and dining reservations even though the parks were closed for I don’t know why, nostalgia? denial? Anyway, got emails today Disney was kind enough to cancel them all for me :sad:

Thank you for sharing that. I went to register today for the virtual half after the reports that Kessel Run would not receive the virtual half and it was sold out.

Sure thing. Sorry I can't be more help than that - hopefully you get it in the mail soon.

On that note, if anyone that registered for the challenge actually gets a medal + refund/partial refund, please post about it. I'm sure there are several people on this board who'd like a definitive answer. :)

I’d held onto my Fastpasses and dining reservations even though the parks were closed for I don’t know why, nostalgia? denial? Anyway, got emails today Disney was kind enough to cancel them all for me :sad:
Yep, cancelling Savi's workshop definitely stung a little bit.

yeah, they managed to completely confuse me now...travel agent is telling me they couldn't separate money out and would NOT receive medal and told me I had to separately sign up for the virtual half - so I did. And now reading this it implies I would still get my original medal? sheesh...oh well, better to get 2 medals for the price of 2 than none!

Love these! So sad you can't wear them this year. Hopefully next year :)
yeah had them made by someone one in korea... if in future people are interested, we can do a group dis design and have them made for the next race... fairly good quality running material or cotton is an option, these are running and they were single designs i made and only cost me $25 per shirt. anyway, not selling these myself, just offering up a suggestion... ie im doing any business here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter