Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Since I am assuming that you are all SW fans here...any guesses on when Rise of Skywalker might be available on Disney +? I was hoping they would consider making it available early like they did Frozen 2 but all I've seen is the option to purchase the digital download.

Since I am assuming that you are all SW fans here...any guesses on when Rise of Skywalker might be available on Disney +? I was hoping they would consider making it available early like they did Frozen 2 but all I've seen is the option to purchase the digital download.
I’d guess the end of April they could release it on Disney+. It comes out on physical copy on March 31st, so they’ll try to get the revenue from that and digital copies for at least a month before they put it on streaming early.

Honestly hard to say....

Frozen 2 was literally announced on 3/11 that it was being released in late June to D-+ then two days later they pushed it to coming out on 3/15 and then dropped it at noon pacific on 3/14 instead

Onward which was theatrically released 3/6 dropped on digital and pay per view release 3/20 and will be on D+ 4/3

that said I would not be surprised if rise of Skywalker gets dropped next weekend especially once they announce parks aren’t opening on 4/1 and will be closed indefinitely

If anyone wants to start a 2021 thread, please feel free and don't wait on me! I am swamped with work and nonstop COVID-19ing and just don't have the time or energy now.

I know all of us are disappointed about the races being cancelled. Just consider what the poor athletes are going through with no decision yet on the Tokyo Olympics. For some of those athletes, this is their only chance at the Olympics. I hope they get delayed rather than cancelled.

This may have been asked, but does anyone know if run Disney will credit a different gift card for me? Paid with a gift card, but I cannot find it now( I always save them too😩.) If call will they possibly give me credit on a new gift card? Thanks!

This may have been asked, but does anyone know if run Disney will credit a different gift card for me? Paid with a gift card, but I cannot find it now( I always save them too😩.) If call will they possibly give me credit on a new gift card? Thanks!
I did see someone somewhere ask that and they said rD told them all GC refunds will be on new GC numbers, so you should be fine! Personally, I'd go ahead and drop an email, just to be sure, though.

Sigh. After a very long discussion, we went ahead and canceled everything this morning. We were really looking forward to getting away for a week, seeing our daughter, and enjoying the trip. But it just wasn't looking likely.

And to top it off, yesterday my daughter and all her co-workers got permanently laid off from their jobs in a timeshare call center. She's already on the hunt for a new one, but...

...sigh. Happy birthday to me, huh?

Sigh. After a very long discussion, we went ahead and canceled everything this morning. We were really looking forward to getting away for a week, seeing our daughter, and enjoying the trip. But it just wasn't looking likely.

Honestly, as much as I wanted that getaway even if the race didn't happen, if the parks ARE open again by then I'm skipping this trip. I'm not as paranoid about "total isolation" as some, but so many people aren't taking things seriously that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be ready for crowds personally, no matter what the guidance is by then. Disneyland and WDW will be there when I'm ready to go back to them.

And to top it off, yesterday my daughter and all her co-workers got permanently laid off from their jobs in a timeshare call center. She's already on the hunt for a new one, but...

...sigh. Happy birthday to me, huh?

Orange County on 2 week star at Home. Universal just announced they are staying closer to April 19th so I think you made the right choice.

I was wondering what county Walt Disney World was in, so I asked the Google.

Walt Disney World is located in parts of Orange County and parts of Osceola County, Florida.

It looks like almost all of it is in Orange County; the main guest areas that are in Osceola are the All-Star Resorts and Wide World of Sports. (Basically, the county line runs roughly along the Osceola Parkway.)

It's possible that RCID gives WDW exemption from this, but their employees would still be affected. So, pretty much guaranteed that they won't be open before the 9th at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter