Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

:magnify:Was thinking of waiting for the official announcement

It’s been decidedly quiet on social media this far:confused3

U may have plugged their leaks/controlling the early red herrings being linked

Do expect 5N@F. Would be nice to see Ghost busters haunting the streets again. Was such a detailed set piece last go-round

What U monster(s) are we anticipating?

:magnify:Was thinking of waiting for the official announcement

It’s been decidedly quiet on social media this far:confused3

U may have plugged their leaks/controlling the early red herrings being linked

Do expect 5N@F. Would be nice to see Ghost busters haunting the streets again. Was such a detailed set piece last go-round

What U monster(s) are we anticipating?
Creature from the Black Lagoon I am thinking

Did anyone else get a survey from Universal about HHN? It started with questions about our HHN trip in 2023, number of nights, etc. and then had ALL these pages and questions about what kinds of tickets and dates we were looking at for 2024. I had answered I planned on going, and the questions had very specific dates with options. Like it would say 'would this ticket work for you, ' 1 night the week of xxx, or Wed, Oct xx, admission only, Then it would have a date with other options like express. Anyway, it was quite different from other surveys I've taken. It did put me in the mind to just send Universal an email with more specific feedback about what we'd love to see. Like I don't have much travel wiggle room. We're going the week that my son has fall break, and I'd LOVE 2 nights, w express. So I don't need some season long ticket, but also hate to buy 2 separate nights.
Not sure if that would amount to much, to just email feedback, but maybe.

Did anyone else get a survey from Universal about HHN?
Not this season. In the past, including last year, would get the long ones with options, prices I’d be willing to pay etc.

at times they tossed so much out there, thought they were looking at patterns/categories that drew interest. Not the actual selections they just repetitively tweaked in minor fashion

looking into my crystal ball…

A certain percentage of people would be interested in more personalized ala carte options. I don’t see them getting too fancy, as it would just more difficult for them to process.

i can see a pick one from column A, B & C option working. A way to easily identify the ticket as one of the three...as in a platinum, gold or bronze classification. Otherwise, i expect the same sort of pricing options we’ve seen in the past.

do have concerns the Frequent Fear tix may be tweaked as to dates available & have large price jump. Rush of Fear probably will be intact

never hurts to express yourself. however, at this stage of things, they’ve likely narrowed down their options and just looking for feedback on their ‘finalists‘.

Yes I received the survey a while ago, and I have received similar ones in the past. The options with exclusive inclusions were shall we say interesting.

Seems more and more likely it will be the latest Ghostbusters movie - that is the one they have to promote as well.

I was there last week doing the Mardi Gras parade - and it seemed as if nothing was going on in the two warehouses - I was trying to get a peek or get something out of anyone - no such luck. One of them was even opened and looked to just be storage. Now that I am back I heard they are putting in two new tents and most likely those will be for HHN.

As for tickets - will be interesting to see what they come up with - I feel like ROF will be gone or changed drastically - it was just too busy some nights.

I may have said this earlier in the thread - but I'd really like to see something like a 5 and 10 night option or a date based one or two week option. Then people can go every night of their trip and don't have to buy the entire season when they cant use it.

I did feel it was very pricey last year, I am still on the fence about it this year.
Ill probably go just because...but its a lot of money.

Will also remember to buy early as multi night sold out last year and I think prices went up as well.

Since it was 3/23 when tickets went on sale last year, are we expecting the same this year? I am having a hard time waiting. I saw a familiar screen name on a cruise forum that I read and it immediately brought me back to HHN. Any new rumors floating around? Any thoughts on the catch phrase for this year?

Since it was 3/23 when tickets went on sale last year, are we expecting the same this year? I am having a hard time waiting. I saw a familiar screen name on a cruise forum that I read and it immediately brought me back to HHN. Any new rumors floating around? Any thoughts on the catch phrase for this year?
In 2022 they went on sale on Thursday the 24th, 2023 Thursday the 23, so I’m hoping it will be this Thursday 🤞🏻🤷🏻‍♀️

Wonder if they'll announce all the dates at once when tickets go on sale as per how every company everywhere does it, or add sneaky extra dates to the end months later as per last year? :rolleyes:

Halloween is on a Thursday this year. Last it was a Tuesday. Do they throw Friday and Saturday after Halloween in there?

Presumably. They (eventually) went beyond Halloween to the weekend last year when it was a Tues, I can't see them leaving money on the table by leaving off that Fri/Sat this year.

Presumably. They (eventually) went beyond Halloween to the weekend last year when it was a Tues, I can't see them leaving money on the table by leaving off that Fri/Sat this year.
One of my adult children would like them to start in August before her fall term starts, but I don’t see that happening. WDW starts parties in August, or at least they used to ( I haven’t been since 2018). My point is, they are leaving some money on the table starting in September. I was pleasantly surprised at the early start last year. I love HHN and I will be happy with whatever they give us.

I have little doubt it will go through the weekend after Halloween.
I think last year was the first year it was actually planned to go after the 31st and they only added that the day they announced multilight tickets. That was a bit of a problem for me as it changed the ticket I had to buy.
I buy the ticket that was every day but Saturday, but includes the first and last Saturday.
Moving that to after Halloween really made me unhappy and cost me even more $$$.

I am pretty sure they have gone past Halloween previous years but they added the dates later in the season.

I would also not be shocked to see it start earlier - it was busy from day one last year so if they think they can make money with it they will do it. It gets earlier and earlier almost every year.

Personally if at all possible I'd recommend not going the first couple weeks, the SAs really haven't gotten their footing yet and they are still figuring things out. Things are still being set up and changing. There are new things set up almost every time you go the first few weeks.
If its your only option then fine, but if you are planning a trip for it, better off later in the season IMO.

They started Labor Day weekend last year so starting Labor weekend isn’t really starting earlier. It’s just this year Sept doesn’t start until Sunday before Labor Day. Doubt they are going start mid Aug like Disney with their Halloween parties

They started Labor Day weekend last year so starting Labor weekend isn’t really starting earlier. It’s just this year Sept doesn’t start until Sunday before Labor Day. Doubt they are going start mid Aug like Disney with their Halloween parties
IDK - I see moving it even earlier as making a bit of sense.

Last year it was very busy day one - so no chance for the SAs to even build up to it.

There were also many issues it seemed because they really were not ready to deal with the crowds on day one.

They are building a year round HHN in Vegas, and a permeant Dark Universe in Epic.
There are lots of people walking around the parks every day with HHN shirts., getting their faces painted in the Five & Dime and going to the Horror makeup show multiple times in a week.
Even in March there is an HHN fanbase presence in the parks.

Adding another week or two for HHN really does not seem to be out of the question.
How many people just cant make it in September and October because of school etc?

Will it be this year I doubt it... but I am sure this same discussion happened when they were only doing the event in October. They will never start in Mid September let alone Labor day...and now we are talking about mid August so yeah I see its as more likely than not in the next few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter