*****Official April 2020 thread*****

April 11-18 here, and in the "wait and see" boat. We're pretty much assuming that it will be cancelled, but I'm still making FP+ reservations every morning this week (we're staying offsite, so we're at 30 days now). We're AP holders and Wyndham owners, flights on SWA with points, so aside from the week being one of 3 planned trips and thus making APs worthwhie, we won't be out much if we need to cancel. Although we do have tickets for AKAH for 4/14, assuming that will be refunded if they extend the closure.

April 16-20 for me. Only holdouts of hope. Run Disney at Walt Disney World has not yet cancelled their Star Wars Marathon scheduled for these same dates. Cirque Du Soliel's new show in Disney Springs is still ticketing for both previews and the premiere on April 18th. Am monitoring these two venues to see if anything changes.

I'm betting that sending CP kids home is because they are paying people while closed and that's people they don't need to worry about. Also these kids are away from family so it's really best if they are home if they were to get sick. I do not think Disney(or Orlando) can truly afford to be down more than just a few weeks.

It felt silly looking for better FP+ times, but I did it anyway. I also rebooked my flights for nearly a $500 savings. Lol. I am fully expecting to have to cancel, but it is fun imagining that it will still happen. :)

It felt silly looking for better FP+ times, but I did it anyway. I also rebooked my flights for nearly a $500 savings. Lol. I am fully expecting to have to cancel, but it is fun imagining that it will still happen. :)
Ha, I keep doing that too. Still can't get a different time for MFSR.
Doesn't matter now anyways, as we pulled the plug and changed to October. We're from Canada, and can't take a chance on further travel restrictions or self quarrantine, etc. Or kids missing more school since we extended our March break already.
I'm sad I wont' be getting excited with all of you and finalizing plans in the next month. I hope everything is ok and you're all still able to go. And enjoy a very quiet park, I imagine.

I'm doing the same. The flights we got are a day earlier than our original reservation, so today I just added a one night stay at the beginning of our trip. It's not over until the fat lady sings :rolleyes1

same, I just moved up our MMRR from 6 to 3:15, now up to 12:10 today. rebooked flights and saved $450 in travelbank credit! Flights from Orlando to Boston are like $40 right now. Considered moving it up to a day earlier, but would mean a more stressful travel day and we wouldn’t get to do anything in the parks bc we would arrive at 9 PM. $1000 less, but the hotel would be $750 extra and we dont want more out of pocket vacation expenses at this point, and Disney doesn’t take travel bank credit lol.

April 11-18 here, and in the "wait and see" boat. We're pretty much assuming that it will be cancelled, but I'm still making FP+ reservations every morning this week (we're staying offsite, so we're at 30 days now). We're AP holders and Wyndham owners, flights on SWA with points, so aside from the week being one of 3 planned trips and thus making APs worthwhie, we won't be out much if we need to cancel. Although we do have tickets for AKAH for 4/14, assuming that will be refunded if they extend the closure.
Ive also continued with the motions of my mid-April trip but have now started calling it “zombie trip planning” 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I just got a TP notification for a sci fi lunch I've been trying to get! Lol!
On another note..I'm so sad for what's going on in the world and that my dd 11 is old enough now to understand a lot of it too. I just wanted to get to Disney.. so hard when you plan a year in advance and them poof. Oh well.. maybe November.

Hi! I’m SO happy to have found this site after rebooking our long awaited and planned WDW trip scheduled this week to avoid flying to FL from LA. We moved our reservation to VGC and were supposed to check in the day Disneyland closed! The Grand CA was great and even called us to confirm our arrival and was willing to return our DVC points into the original use year. I definitely learned the advantage to booking directly through Disney with this experience! Anyway, we are really hoping Disneyland is open for our stay at the DLH from 4/17-4/20! Fingers crossed for all of us that the virus situation improves enough to reopen in April!

We cancelled our 4/1-4/5 trip this morning online. Previous to today we weren't able to cancel online, but this morning a cancel button popped up. We got our full package amount refunded. Too uncertain to rebook at this point. Now hoping we can cancel flights without too much trouble.

Does anyone know if I make a room only reservation through Disney for the end of June..will I get my deposit back? Starting to look like end of April isn’t happening .

We cancelled our 4/1-4/5 trip this morning online. Previous to today we weren't able to cancel online, but this morning a cancel button popped up. We got our full package amount refunded. Too uncertain to rebook at this point. Now hoping we can cancel flights without too much trouble.
Is this the cancel button you're talking about?Screenshot_20200315-134203.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter