• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Well it was nice planning with everyone, But we just cancelled. We go twice a year anyways and already had September booked for 9 days so we just tacked a few extra days on and calling it. At this rate, it’s still getting worse, more things are ordered to close every day. There’s no way it’s going to open on April 1, and even if it did, I don’t feel it’s safe to take my family down there. Heck, I’m not sure it’s safe to leave the house. I figure I was going to cancel before the mass did and I couldn’t get through. We had DVC points that needed addressed so I couldn’t just cancel online. Good luck everyone.

As a March person who went 3/12-13 (originally supposed to be an additional day), can I be blunt to the April people and say that you really don't want to go during this time, even if things improve. It's very stressful to 2nd guess anytime someone coughs or to find yourself on a crowded bus, or worry about if you've sufficiently cleaned your hands. The parks did not (imo) have enough hand washing stations or sanitizing gel dispensers. Or when you have to hit the PIN at a cash register and know 1000 people have already done that (we started using a wipe or napkin and then used gel following). I could go on and on.

The rides were a joy (we only did 1 ride that wasn't a FP) but the in-between was stressful. I literally kept my hands together in front of me in every line as to not touch a railing. It's not the way to do WDW.

I'm annoyed that we went instead of just rescheduling to the fall (or whenever).
This is exactly what prompted us to finally pull the plug. We were thinking are we going to be too paranoid to relax and have fun? Are they going to reduce experiences? Characters? Restaurants? Just better to reschedule.

OK, so I'm coming to the realization that WDW probably won't be open for my Trip 4/25-5/2. What is a good replacement for later in the year? Not too hot, not crowded (if we have any idea), etc.

OK, so I'm coming to the realization that WDW probably won't be open for my Trip 4/25-5/2. What is a good replacement for later in the year? Not too hot, not crowded (if we have any idea), etc.

At this point it's all a guessing game, some folks will be rescheduling to later this year, some will reschedule to next year, some may not reschedule at all. September has always been the best for crowd levels but we're into the unknown here.

We have a trip 4/23-4/28 and I've resigned to the fact that it isn't happening and have made plans for late august (DW is a teacher) which doesn't excite me from a heat/humidity level but it's what I can switch to in order to still attempt to go this year. If we're still into the unknown by then I will have much bigger concerns than going to WDW.

Enjoy your journey into the unknown with the rest of us!

I think it's impossible to know what will be open an providing full services.

I think we are going to sit tight for the rest of 2020 and if something pop up that makes sense, then we'll act. We will join our neighborhood pool (as always) and take time off to enjoy it during weekdays when it's not as crowded. This might be a great year to think about a staycation.

We're campers and that's probably the best idea for this summer as you can have your own space and it's not hard to find trails that are uncrowded. But even those facilities are scaling back currently.

edit: ugh! I just realized the question was about WDW later in the year! lol -- sorry!

We have a trip 4/23-4/28 and I've resigned to the fact that it isn't happening and have made plans for late august (DW is a teacher) which doesn't excite me from a heat/humidity level but it's what I can switch to in order to still attempt to go this year. If we're still into the unknown by then I will have much bigger concerns than going to WDW.

One thing that I've read/heard a few places in the news is the concern that this virus becomes a seasonal thing until there is a vaccine. I would make sure to have the right mindset about vacation plans being tenuous for the foreseeable future.

One thing that I've read/heard a few places in the news is the concern that this virus becomes a seasonal thing until there is a vaccine. I would make sure to have the right mindset about vacation plans being tenuous for the foreseeable future.

I have 2 loose plans in place, maintaining a level of flexibility, everything is refundable so I have the peace of mind on that side for things. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

So we're looking at alternate dates possible in late November/ early December. Does anyone know when Mickey & Minnie usually start meeting in their Christmas sweaters in DAK? We've been a few times at the holidays, but have never done DAK or EPCOT and would like to see both of their holiday activities if we decide to go then.

we rebooked our April trip to Sept 24-30th... I do still have a June 27-July trip booked to go down for Dance the World.. no idea if that will pan out.

So we're looking at alternate dates possible in late November/ early December. Does anyone know when Mickey & Minnie usually start meeting in their Christmas sweaters in DAK? We've been a few times at the holidays, but have never done DAK or EPCOT and would like to see both of their holiday activities if we decide to go then.

We've gone the full week before the week of Thanksgiving in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. In 2016-2018, Mickey and Minnie were in their Christmas sweaters that week. Last year, they were dressed up for Christmas by the time we went, but their attire was no longer the sweaters -- it was very minimalist.

moved our dates, got our cancellation set with Garden Grocer and they were amazing! Will reorder for sept. Waiting on refund still from a car service we cancelled.. Guess its time to go check out the Sept group. SORRY April trip peeps, I feel so sad

Funny, I was still able to move some FP+ around for April 20-25, but some still have no available slots for me to change to. Like 7DMT and MFSR.

I will keep it until I am forced to cancel. :)

moved our dates, got our cancellation set with Garden Grocer and they were amazing! Will reorder for sept. Waiting on refund still from a car service we cancelled.. Guess its time to go check out the Sept group. SORRY April trip peeps, I feel so sad
I cancelled my Garden Grocer orders too. I had 2 because I was doing a split stay. I really hope this closure isn't detrimental to their business. I felt so bad cancelling. They are an amazing company with excellent customer service.

I cancelled my Garden Grocer orders too. I had 2 because I was doing a split stay. I really hope this closure isn't detrimental to their business. I felt so bad cancelling. They are an amazing company with excellent customer service.
Agree I have used them for YEARS!!! and will re order for the sept trip soon! The car service not naming names though its been many days since I cancelled and still waiting...

I'm still holding out hope for late April. If they're open.. we'll be there.
Same for me! I know I'm being annoyingly optimistic, but I keep thinking they're going to develop a vaccine any day and we can all be a little safer and start to get back to our normal lives. Since we are driving and have a room only military discount reservation I feel like I can wait till the very last minute to cancel if needed.

I share the sadness of everyone who is cancelling. I planned and saved for this trip to celebrate my retirement. we were supposed to arrive April 21. Since we postponed to October, I feel a lot of relief, less stress but the disappointment is there.
I totally know what you mean! My first official retirement date is April 20! This trip was supposed to celebrate that and DH's b-day on the 25th. I had everything planned out so nice so we could just go and enjoy! We ill have to re-schedule because we bought the military salute 5 day tickets (since I needed them 60 days out to make FP picks) and they are only good through mid Dec. Now we're tossing around what time would be best for re-scheduling- early, Sept., early to mid Nov., or early Dec. (My work is busiest mid Sept.-Oct. so no getting off then!) I really was looking forward to Stormalong Bay, so if we end up going later I may switch resorts and try YC when we can enjoy the warm weather. If we do re-schedule I will have to call directly to get the military rate, so I'm not going to even attempt it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter