Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

WOW! I'm so proud of all of ya'll! As we all know losing any amount of weight is not easy and it's definitely not fun. To prove this, I've officially put on 7 pounds since June.:rolleyes1

went to the doc today, 66 and counting

GREAT JOB!!! I work at a gym, so I have seen the struggles so many have. I've seen it all, surgeries, pills, starvation, anorexia......It just takes time. I always tell people "You didn't gain those pounds in a week, you won't take them off in a week" I haven't even met you, and I'm proud of you! Keep it up!!

WOW! I'm so proud of all of ya'll! As we all know losing any amount of weight is not easy and it's definitely not fun. To prove this, I've officially put on 7 pounds since June.:rolleyes1

:rotfl: Musta been all those Disney treats.

At weigh in this morning (after my 3 mile very brisk walk) I've now officially dropped 22 lbs. Whoo Hoo!!!!!

I'm starting to feel like a spring chicken again. :yay:

Congrats all! :thumbsup2

My goal is 80+ by January 2012 and to complete the 1/2 marathon.

Unfortunately, that will probably be the next time we are able to go to the Fort. We were scheduled for the second week in December of this year, but rescheduled to go with my BF and family in July so we had to cancel that trip.

Ya'll are an inspiriation. :worship:

So far, have lost 5 pounds and hope I can keep it going over the holidays.

Stay strong and keep up the good work! :yay:

:rotfl: Musta been all those Disney treats.

At weigh in this morning (after my 3 mile very brisk walk) I've now officially dropped 22 lbs. Whoo Hoo!!!!!

I'm starting to feel like a spring chicken again. :yay:
I had to have a hysterectomy last year and have tried to be very careful with my weight. My Dr. said hysterectomies have nothing to do with weight gain, and I'm not saying she's lying, but in my family, I've seen huge weight gain for the women who have had the surgery. I actually lost 10 pounds after my surgery, but I also 'bout died so part of that was the trauma of everything. I began to slowly gain that back around February, which was okay. But, another 7 has come along with it. I am continuing to walk, drink my water, etc. So I don't know?!?!?! Maybe it's age and my metabolism just ain't what it used to be.:confused: But I'm super excited for you girl! 22 pounds...woo hoo is right!!!!!

I had to have a hysterectomy last year and have tried to be very careful with my weight. My Dr. said hysterectomies have nothing to do with weight gain, and I'm not saying she's lying, but in my family, I've seen huge weight gain for the women who have had the surgery. I actually lost 10 pounds after my surgery, but I also 'bout died so part of that was the trauma of everything. I began to slowly gain that back around February, which was okay. But, another 7 has come along with it. I am continuing to walk, drink my water, etc. So I don't know?!?!?! Maybe it's age and my metabolism just ain't what it used to be.:confused: But I'm super excited for you girl! 22 pounds...woo hoo is right!!!!!

Ugh about the hysterectomy! I don't know if it causes weight gain or not, but I do know that the older you get the harder it is to lose and keep off! Fo sho! I've had to take drastic measures and wish the progress would happen faster. I had my weight back fairly close to where I needed to be after my first was born. But after the second one, at age 36, FORGET IT!!! I finally have the motivation to get going. My goal is to parasail over Bay Lake in 2011. This was my goal for the past 2 years as well, but this time it looks like its gonna happen. :banana: (I could have anyway as I'm sure much larger people than me have done it, but I didn't want to share the number if they were to ask.) That sounds stupid doesn't it! Hahahahaha!

I wouldn't worry too much about those 7 pounds. You're still a little bitty thang and you look fantastic! :goodvibes

My goal is to parasail over Bay Lake in 2011. This was my goal for the past 2 years as well, but this time it looks like its gonna happen. :banana: (I could have anyway as I'm sure much larger people than me have done it, but I didn't want to share the number if they were to ask.) That sounds stupid doesn't it!

I've said the very same thing, for the very same reason!!! :rotfl2: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'm too fat to ride horses or even do the Backwoods Segway Tour. I even need a special chair to sit in. People see me coming and they put their chairs up and go inside.

3 years ago DH & I wanted to do parasailing at Castaway Cay while on a Disney cruise. DCL said we had to 'fly' seperately because our combined weight was over the threshold. That really scared me since I'm afraid of flying & the ocean! But once on the parasailing boat the captain said our 10 pounds overweight was no problem & let us do it together. I loved it!! Since then DH lost 65 pounds, but I found almost all of that, so when booking it for last month's cruise we didn't even ask DCL, just the boat captain & once again no issue. The moral to the story.....don't let weight keep you from doing this!!! You'll love it..... a bird's eye view of CC......
09_7A.jpg

15_13A.jpg

now if I could lose enough weight that we could do those little boats while at FW.

Ugh about the hysterectomy! I don't know if it causes weight gain or not, but I do know that the older you get the harder it is to lose and keep off! Fo sho! I've had to take drastic measures and wish the progress would happen faster. I had my weight back fairly close to where I needed to be after my first was born. But after the second one, at age 36, FORGET IT!!! I finally have the motivation to get going. My goal is to parasail over Bay Lake in 2011. This was my goal for the past 2 years as well, but this time it looks like its gonna happen. :banana: (I could have anyway as I'm sure much larger people than me have done it, but I didn't want to share the number if they were to ask.) That sounds stupid doesn't it! Hahahahaha!

I wouldn't worry too much about those 7 pounds. You're still a little bitty thang and you look fantastic! :goodvibes
Itty bitty thang?:rotfl2: Honey, my family don't call me Mississippi Wide Bottom for nothing, ya know?!?!

Parasail? :faint: No way! Now how! Just the thought scares me to death!! (Way worse than riding a horse!!!!!)

I've said the very same thing, for the very same reason!!! :rotfl2: I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Again, :faint:

I've parasailed Bay Lake a couple times
All I can say is,
Yeah Baby !!:dancer: Go for it !!
Have you really, Frank????? :faint::faint:

I'm too fat to ride horses or even do the Backwoods Segway Tour. I even need a special chair to sit in. People see me coming and they put their chairs up and go inside.
Shush! You ain't right!!

3 years ago DH & I wanted to do parasailing at Castaway Cay while on a Disney cruise. DCL said we had to 'fly' seperately because our combined weight was over the threshold. That really scared me since I'm afraid of flying & the ocean! But once on the parasailing boat the captain said our 10 pounds overweight was no problem & let us do it together. I loved it!! Since then DH lost 65 pounds, but I found almost all of that, so when booking it for last month's cruise we didn't even ask DCL, just the boat captain & once again no issue. The moral to the story.....don't let weight keep you from doing this!!! You'll love it..... a bird's eye view of CC......
09_7A.jpg

15_13A.jpg

now if I could lose enough weight that we could do those little boats while at FW.
Congrats on DH's weight loss; sorry you found it. It's always easier for guys to loose weight than girls! No Fair!! The parasailing thing...:faint:

You don't look fat to me. You can sit in my chairs anytime.:goodvibes

ETA: That doesn't mean than any of you who are carrying a little extra can't sit in my chairs too. All are welcome at the KFK site and you may sit wherever you like.

LOL@ you Melissa!!!! But you're absolutely right! Moral of the story: If you can fit...then go for it! :laughing: Thanks for the encouragement/kick in the seat of the pants. ;)

I'm determined to have my weight just where I want it by next trip anyway, so it won't be an issue either way. KFK is restoring her hotness. :lmao:

Itty bitty thang?:rotfl2: Honey, my family don't call me Mississippi Wide Bottom for nothing, ya know?!?!

Parasail? :faint: No way! Now how! Just the thought scares me to death!! (Way worse than riding a horse!!!!!)

Is your new acronym to be MWB? :lmao: PUH-LEEZE!!!!! You are trim and adorable...or rather adorable in all caps. ADORABLE!

Come on and para-"sail away with me" in July! :lmao: Bad joke ...I know. :sad2:

Donnie isn't fat.... he's just messin with ya.

Now if I wanted to go parasailing, they'd need an F-14 to pull my fat **** outta the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter