Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

you guys are both doing great! keep it up and we won't know who you are next time we see you. ok, we probably really won't recognize you. :)

that is awesome..thanks for answering my questions! I really wish my mom would have this done. If you lose 140 will that put you in a normal BMI range or is that just what your Dr would like to see?

I had the roux en y, and the surgery wasn't that bad, the recovery sucked!!! I had some complications and almost died!!! LOL I was, according to the BMI chart, 300 overweight, but I am 6'8" and it says I should be about 180 ish, and if I was that skinny, I could be a skeleton for halloween and not need a costume LOL.

My insurance was a PITA, but I am also fighting them on my heart problem as well, so I am not a good one to ask. They did pay for it in the end, but was a fight to get there.

I would be very happy if I lost about 100 more!

that is awesome..thanks for answering my questions! I really wish my mom would have this done. If you lose 140 will that put you in a normal BMI range or is that just what your Dr would like to see?

It would put me at a totally normal bmi. I think they gave me a 100 lb goal for June to keep me on the right track. I told the nutritionist not to worry...I will do better than that! :thumbsup2 Some insurance companies won't cover WLS unless you are over a certain bmi or are at least so many lbs over-weight. I think it all depends on your insurance co. Most weight loss docs also have non-surgical options (ie. pills, shots). Maybe check into that, too, if your mom can't do surgery.

went to the doc today and I am now at 58 lbs...I am calling it at 60 because I had more clothes on than usual...lol

I got a refill on my script and I am off to the races for another month!:woohoo:

Jen, you are doing awesome...wish i had your will power. Will i recognize you in Dec?

You will see me in my glory (or not so much! :rotfl2:) when I post Lorna and my mission pictures this weekend....lol

Down about 180, but slowing down a little, but I am sure I will loose a bunch soon! Not eating and being in the hospital will do that to ya.... :lmao:

I have about 70-90 more to go, I hope by the end of my recovery from the next operation, I should be pretty much at my goal!

Down about 180, but slowing down a little, but I am sure I will loose a bunch soon! Not eating and being in the hospital will do that to ya.... :lmao:

I have about 70-90 more to go, I hope by the end of my recovery from the next operation, I should be pretty much at my goal!

So how does it feel not carrying me +some around anymore?

I just found this thread so I'll add my two cents. I'm going for 25 to 30. I started about 10 weeks ago and I'm down 15 lbs. We will be at FW for Thanksgiving week and I'm hoping to be down another 3 - 5 lbs. by the time we get there. I plan on walking and biking a lot so my goal is to at least hold steady while I'm there. It will be the least I've weighed in about 8 years.

standing-ovation-0907-lg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter