Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

I am not being sarcastic ( I know....hard to believe! :rolleyes1)..... I want to thank everyone for posting all of those oh-so-unflattering pics of me from the October GG. I joined a fitness center today. This is the first time in my life I belong to a gym. I just want to say thank you for the motivation. :hug:

So....are you saying we're going to love you less? NEVER!!! Take it slow at first so as not to get discouraged.

When I went to my doctor Wednesday, he offered me this bit of wisdom...."You didn't put on the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. I will be happy if you lose 5 lbs by your next visit." My next visit is February 2nd - if I can't lose 5 lbs by then, someone shoot me!!

Good luck, Kelly!

I've lost a lot of weight since September.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Did you go back to the gym since getting back from WDW? You said you were going to.

Rick & I are back to bike riding. When I was at the Dr on Wednesday, I asked him just how bad Rick's arthritis was in his knees. He said it really was pretty bad - and would probably be looking at partial or full replacements in the next 4-5 years. Shame on me for thinking Rick's a wussy. Weight loss & bike riding are his only hope.

Nobody is coming back to johns thread... Did you all give up after the gg. It's been just me and frank (he's been a chear leader (lol).

Well, i have been doing 30 minutes 5 - 6 days a week on the treadmill or elliptical. Keep on biking debbie and how's that gym membership kelly..

Way to go alylynn and al on the weightloss. I love working out during the biggest loser. Jillian and bob are in the house on tuesdays.. Lol

good luck everyone..

I have some rotten luck. I got sick right after I joined the gym. I'm going tomorrow morning for my first workout and orientation. I figure everyone will be out shopping, so hopefully I'll have the place to myself! :thumbsup2 I will really try to get on John's chat, too. Is it Monday night still? I LOVE Jillian and Bob. I wish I could live at the ranch. :worship:

Keep up your good work! I will try to join Frank in the cheerleading. I have a feeling that he's the best cheerleader ever, though! He's awesome!

hey kelly hows the gym going?

man, i just got my bum kicked by jillian michaels. lol i bought one of her dvds and omg, i am afraid to know what i will be like getting out of bed tomorrow morning. i think i will have to get up about a half hour earlier just to get my body moving. lol

i also want to say that i bought jillians protein shake powder stuff. i used a yoplait smoothie mix (frozen fruit and yogurt) with the shake and it is really good.

just thought i would bump the thread... spring is around the corner and we are heading to the fort in 46 days and i need motivation.

:)

Hey Cheryl! The gym is going well! :thumbsup2 I joined a zumba class, too. Lots of sweating....good fun. :lmao: So, even though the scale isn't really moving, my clothes are fitting better.

Jillian Michaels is tough! If she was my personal trainer, I'd be skinny right now! Keep up the good work! Thanks for bumping the thread. You're right...spring will be here before we know it!!! I can't wait. I'm so tired of the snow!!!

you know the weather is finally decent (at least here it is) and we have a few more gg's coming up. i think we need to get this party started again.

i know there are quite a few of you that are walking/biking and so on. so, let's post when we can. let's try to post at least once a week. let us know if you are trying a new class, etc and how it is going. like kelly with her zumba. that sounds like so much fun. but, i don't dance, never have, never will. lol

i would prefer kick-boxing. oh yeah...

so far this week i have walked a hilly, 2.6 miles for 50 minutes on sunday, monday and wednesday. i couldn't walk tuesday because it was raining and we had a 4 hour night class.

so, who else wants to chime in???

I have been rollerblading about 1/2 hour a night. Today I reached my first weight loss goal this time around. I have officially lost 30lbs. I wanted to lose it before my vacation and I had 2.5 weeks to spare.... maybe I'll hit 35????

OK, I will chime in. I went to the Dr. a couple of months ago to see about some blood work that was taken and got the major lecture of my life. Since then (late March) I have been on a strict regiment from the Dr. I am down over 30lb and still going. Yesterday, I donated some more pounds (a foot of my hair) to Locks of Love, so that should help some too!:laughing: Since this is the first week of summer break, I am running around with my head cut off doing all the stuff I couldn't do while at work, so hopefully I will get in a routine and start my walking in the morning and get some more off. I am on medication, so I have to go in every month and have the BP, blood work and weight done, but it is worth it to me. I have very little appetite and my husband says I eat like a bird. Plus, I have my energy back now. :banana:

WOW! THAT IS SO AWESOME. CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL.

i am just re-starting, lol, my exercise program. no goals other than to walk every night that i can. :)

Keep up the great work fldisneymommyto2 and jen!

maybe you will be off those meds soon, jen. that is awesome. see something is in the air... lol

Great job Jen!!!! I find it easier to loose weight in the summer than during school. For some reason when I am in my classroom, I am hungry all the time!!! My next goal is to be down at least another 10 lbs before we go back to school which is around August 2nd! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I am going easy on myself as we will be in Cancun for a week!!

I prefer mine to be women. Only women can touch my betty.

Unfortunately I am not going to the gym anymore. I had to stop going for financial reasons. Anyway, I've been looking into WLS and in preparation for it, the nutritionist put me on a low carb diet. So far I'm down 8 lbs!! :thumbsup2

Jen, what are you taking? Maybe that would be better for me than surgery.... :confused3

Do tell...I can use a bottle. ::yes:: Or two...or three, or ....well, you get the idea!:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter