***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I'm so ready to ready to book my Fast Passes!!!!!! I'm getting to a point where I'm tired of planning and researching and just want to DO.

Me too! I'm starting to stress about this Fast Pass making. Because its been so long since I've been down to WDW, this is the first time I'm doing it. I have to be ready to go in 20 days and I've been tweaking my touring plans over and over and just when I think I've got it good to go and figured out I realize I missed an attraction and have to add it in, then figure out what step to make it so that I'm not running back and forth across the park all day.

I originally had a room only reservation for AOA mermaid room from the 17th to the 24th. I was just able to change it to a split stay at POP for the first 2 nights and then AOA suites for the last 5. The best part is is that i was able to get it for less money than just the mermaid room for the whole stay and upgraded to the suites for the 5 days. I can't believe one of my weird mix and match plans actually worked out this time!

I'm curious what are everyone's plans regarding FP and Splash Mountain? So far the official WDW site says SP is down for refurbishment through mid-November but everyone else says that their (very reliable) sources say it will be down in January. FP window has already opened for those traveling the first week of January. What did you do, or plan to do? Will you make SP FP ressies and keep your fingers crossed? Are you trusting the rumors and making other plans? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm curious what are everyone's plans regarding FP and Splash Mountain? So far the official WDW site says SP is down for refurbishment through mid-November but everyone else says that their (very reliable) sources say it will be down in January. FP window has already opened for those traveling the first week of January. What did you do, or plan to do? Will you make SP FP ressies and keep your fingers crossed? Are you trusting the rumors and making other plans? Inquiring minds want to know!

I was able to book Splash on January 3rd, and I trust that is will be operational at that time. Disney is usually good at knowing when they are taking a ride down for refurb, and will omit it during FP selection. I know they aren't 100% in that area, but at 65 days they should have some idea.

I was thinking that also as their seem to be a bit of confusion round this.

So glad @Deirdres you could get a FP, it does give me slight hope that it might be open for when I'm there later on in January.

Although if SP is open, you know the day I FP it. it'll probably be the coldest day ever in Orlando history and I'll get totally soaked lol :rotfl:

I was thinking that also as their seem to be a bit of confusion round this.

So glad @Deirdres you could get a FP, it does give me slight hope that it might be open for when I'm there later on in January.

Although if SP is open, you know the day I FP it. it'll probably be the coldest day ever in Orlando history and I'll get totally soaked lol :rotfl:

I'm afraid of that too. I'm going to invest in a poncho the first store I see and use it on the ride. I'm not much fun on the hottest day of the year and getting soaked on a water ride, so its just better that way for me.

Has anyone here done a Memory maker share in the past?

I did for our 2015 trip and we loved it. We had six different families on the account and we were all linked as one big family and could log in and download our own pictures. It was amazing and I'm hoping to be able to do it again this trip.

I did for our 2015 trip and we loved it. We had six different families on the account and we were all linked as one big family and could log in and download our own pictures. It was amazing and I'm hoping to be able to do it again this trip.
I’d be interested in getting involved with a share, although I have never had memory maker before so I’m not entirely sure how it works

I was able to book Splash on January 3rd, and I trust that is will be operational at that time. Disney is usually good at knowing when they are taking a ride down for refurb, and will omit it during FP selection. I know they aren't 100% in that area, but at 65 days they should have some idea.
Rumored start date is 1/8 so you should be in the clear with 1/3

Despite still not nailing down airline tickets, we just booked our trip for January 22-26 at CBR! So excited!!

Yay on booking your trip and I hope you have a fantastic trip :cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

I have added it to the roll call and good luck with getting your flights sorted out, fingers crossed you get a great deal :thumbsup2

What is this roll call that I keep seeing in here? I'm not familiar with what that means in a message board setting. Help!

What is this roll call that I keep seeing in here? I'm not familiar with what that means in a message board setting. Help!

It just in the first post, that was started way back in April :woohoo:, a list of when everyone is going and where they are staying.

Just so people, if they want, can see who's going at the same time and maybe say hi.:wave:

My tickets are finally booked!!!! Woo hoo!!!! (We won a prize so this was out of our hands.) We land at MCO at 11:00 am so I'm really hoping to make it to MK for the 3:00 pm parade and then hit all the rides in the evening.

We are staying off-site the week of Christmas, and then checking into AoA (Cars) Jan 1st-4th, which will be a HUGE surprise for our kids. If we can manage to keep it a secret until then. I'm borderline anxiety/panic attack about making our fastpasses tomorrow because I feel like I need to have somewhat of a plan in place already so I know which rides and which times I need to be looking for. AHHHH!!!!

I read January 8th- Febrauary 1st Splash Montain will be shut down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter