***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

That's the point of my question. Since the refurbishment is not on the official DW site/calendar are people making plans according to the official site or the rumors?
We are still making plans according to the official word. Also the fact that people are reporting the ability to still book FP during the supposed downtime. Also, TP website is still showing FP availability through January. Personally, I was wondering if the 1 calendar that came out (starting the rumor) was a mistake, possibly from when it was down last January?

We are still making plans according to the official word. Also the fact that people are reporting the ability to still book FP during the supposed downtime. Also, TP website is still showing FP availability through January. Personally, I was wondering if the 1 calendar that came out (starting the rumor) was a mistake, possibly from when it was down last January?
Forgot to add, Kali River will be down for refurb in January, and it has been on the official calendar for a while. The only thing I can think is that during the current refurb of Splash, maybe they realized more needed to be done, but wanted it temporarily open for busy holiday season, then back down? This has all been speculated on in the other specific thread under rumors.

Forgot to add, Kali River will be down for refurb in January, and it has been on the official calendar for a while. The only thing I can think is that during the current refurb of Splash, maybe they realized more needed to be done, but wanted it temporarily open for busy holiday season, then back down? This has all been speculated on in the other specific thread under rumors.
I don't want to confuse people with rumors or speculations. I am only asking on this thread because will mostly affect those of us traveling in January. The mods and many DIS veterans are taking the news as confirmed, and even changed the title of another thread to reflect that. Personally, I am sticking to the official Disney calendar but I was still curious how others are dealing with this as our FP windows are opening for those of us staying in Disney resorts.

I don't want to confuse people with rumors or speculations. I am only asking on this thread because will mostly affect those of us traveling in January. The mods and many DIS veterans are taking the news as confirmed, and even changed the title of another thread to reflect that. Personally, I am sticking to the official Disney calendar but I was still curious how others are dealing with this as our FP windows are opening for those of us staying in Disney resorts.
Is this the thread?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...again-in-january.3640993/page-8#post-58417766
They have gone back and forth on rumor vs confirmed, I thought at this time it's rumor/unconfirmed? (And I agree, it IS confusing haha)

Even though Splash is my most favorite ride at WDW, I don't use one of my three initial passes on it, so not knowing whether or not Splash will be down will not affect my FP plans. I will be incredibly bummed if it's down because my daughter and I love riding this together. My husband refuses to ride it, so that's one reason why it doesn't make the cut for top three FP choices. I have been very successful with standby times and 4th, etc FPs, though.

jannalyn - There were multiple threads but the one I am remembering actually had the titled changed by the mods so it now says "confirmed" in the title.

Even though Splash is my most favorite ride at WDW, I don't use one of my three initial passes on it, so not knowing whether or not Splash will be down will not affect my FP plans.
I won't ride it but my son and my sister will. We are not arriving at MK until 2:00 pm anyway so we are getting FP for the other roller coasters and just winging it for Splash.

I won't ride it but my son and my sister will. We are not arriving at MK until 2:00 pm anyway so we are getting FP for the other roller coasters and just winging it for Splash.

If they don't mind missing the fireworks, it's especially easy to ride it then. We watched the fireworks one night, and then the second night, we rode Splash over and over. We were the only two on the ride at one point. We dropped to the sight of fireworks going off. It was fantastic!

If they don't mind missing the fireworks, it's especially easy to ride it then. We watched the fireworks one night, and then the second night, we rode Splash over and over. We were the only two on the ride at one point. We dropped to the sight of fireworks going off. It was fantastic!
What a great memory! I will definitely suggest it to them.

Hey everyone! I just booked a stay at the Poly for January 14-20. I’m so excited! We were originally going in early March for my six-year-old’s spring break, but I started getting really nervous about crowds. We were at AKL at about the same time last January (our first trip to WDW!). The weather was perfect and crowds were low for that trip, so we decided to go back in January again.

I had to give up some PPO breakfast ADRs when I switched our reservation but now we can take advantage of EMM, which was our favorite thing last time and not offered during the week in March we were planning to go. I’m so excited that I get to book FPs in less than two weeks now!

We are staying off-site the week of Christmas, and then checking into AoA (Cars) Jan 1st-4th, which will be a HUGE surprise for our kids. If we can manage to keep it a secret until then. I'm borderline anxiety/panic attack about making our fastpasses tomorrow because I feel like I need to have somewhat of a plan in place already so I know which rides and which times I need to be looking for. AHHHH!!!!

Yay congrats on the trip and I am sure the kids will be so excited when they find out, I have added your trip to the roll call :banana:

Also I hope you managed to get all the FP you wanted - I'm stressing about mine as well, I have two weeks to decide but still haven't pinned down all my days - Although as long as I snag a FOP I will be a happy chappy :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I just booked a stay at the Poly for January 14-20. I’m so excited! We were originally going in early March for my six-year-old’s spring break, but I started getting really nervous about crowds. We were at AKL at about the same time last January (our first trip to WDW!). The weather was perfect and crowds were low for that trip, so we decided to go back in January again.

I had to give up some PPO breakfast ADRs when I switched our reservation but now we can take advantage of EMM, which was our favorite thing last time and not offered during the week in March we were planning to go. I’m so excited that I get to book FPs in less than two weeks now!

Yay on your trip, so glad you enjoyed January last time, as a first time January person (normally go Oct/Nov) I'm really glad you enjoyed that time of year.

I have added your trip to the roll call :cheer2:

shame you couldn't move all your ADRs but yay you can go to EMH - good luck with your FP fingers crossed you get everything you want. :thumbsup2

Yay congrats on the trip and I am sure the kids will be so excited when they find out, I have added your trip to the roll call :banana:

Also I hope you managed to get all the FP you wanted - I'm stressing about mine as well, I have two weeks to decide but still haven't pinned down all my days - Although as long as I snag a FOP I will be a happy chappy :thumbsup2

I WAS able to get FoP at 60+5 for midday. I keep checking back to see if I can move it earlier, and I think the earliest one I saw this morning was for almost 7pm, so they are definitely going quickly. I didn't get *all* the FPs I wanted, but since we are limited to 3/day initially, I knew I wasn't going to get everything anyway. :P

We leave in 48 days. I might need to get on the stick about ordering the shirts I want from etsy!

I have only 2 weeks left to decide on our FastPasses and I am still torn about what to do. I keep reminding myself that whatever we end up doing will be fun, but I still worry about missing something important. It's crazy!

I have only 2 weeks left to decide on our FastPasses and I am still torn about what to do. I keep reminding myself that whatever we end up doing will be fun, but I still worry about missing something important. It's crazy!
It will definitely be fun either way! Anything specifically you are unsure about? I just try to book the hardest to get (that we want to ride of course) and leave the easier ones for 4th and beyond.

I’d be interested in getting involved with a share, although I have never had memory maker before so I’m not entirely sure how it works

Is there a thread or forum where families interested in a MemoryMaker Share can post? How would the whole sharing process work??

Splash Mtn FPs still showing up for the rumored time it’s going back down in January? Anyone care to check and report back please?

Sorry BethRN, my FP window isn’t open yet! Hopefully, someone else can check. I’m really hoping Splash will be running after all when we’re there too!

Has anybody had trouble getting SDMT FPs in January? Besides FoP and Navi, what are the other hard to get ones these days?

Star Tours FPs are gone for the 1st.
7DMT and Thunder are gone for the 3rd. Splash FPs *are* available on the 3rd.
FoP, KS, and RoL are all gone for the 5th. KRR is showing as unavailable...refurb? I haven't bothered to look since getting soaked in January doesn't sounds like fun to me unless its like 80deg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter