• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2018***

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I did email George K office about the parking fees and got a call back. The overwhelming negative response to the fee on parking I think caught the Disney execs by surprise. Really nice conversation, and since we are AP until August, parking at parks doesn't affect us. But my DD just accepted a summer alumni offer for DCP - normally whomever drove down with her would stay onsite and use ME back to airport. This time- no. And not down on pickup either- and I told that to the rep who called. So Disney lost my dollars there. Plus most other chains that do charge fees have rewards programs that waive those fees. I'll stay at Doubletree booked through Mousesavers promo (no fees).

But back to June- so excited that DD will be a CM again with her discounts :rotfl2:.

Did the Caring for Giants tour on mine and DD's quick trip last week and thinking I may book that for whole family for June.
I sent an email to George as well and got my courtesy call from....wait for it...DVC. Seems to me to indicate that they were not prepared for the influx of emails.

My ds and I will be celebrating his 13th birthday at CSR June 18-23. My 16 yo dd is staying home to work and dh doesn't do wdw in the summer. Plus we have a family trip planned in Nov so ds and I are going to get APs (rubs hands together and thinks about all of the extra trips I can plan now!) Airfare has been too high for me to justify so I booked an amtrak roomette for us with points one way, and will book our return flight later on this week.

Our plans for parks and meals are:

17 Father's Day brunch w family then Amtrak 3ish

18 arrival day! 10:45ish pending any delays <we've taken the auto train a few times and have been very lucky with no delays so fingers crossed). Uber to CSR.
Relax, pool, Studios (hopeful for soft opening of TSL, AP holder or general)

19 AK/ 8am Tusker House, break, PM Epcot WS

20 MK/8am Be Our Guest, long break, return for MK EMH

21 sleep in, Typhoon Lagoon, PM AK

22 Epcot/8am Garden Grill, break, PM MK

23 sleep in, RAC, 10:30 Crystal Palace/MK, ME around 5.

We'll be tired in the mornings a few times but are trying not to stay out too late prior to those early mornings and we decided that we have the whole summer to sleep lol (I'm a teacher so am off)

Can't wait for FP day!

I sent an email to George as well and got my courtesy call from....wait for it...DVC. Seems to me to indicate that they were not prepared for the influx of emails.
This is the impression I got as well. Hope they rethink this...

(rubs hands together and thinks about all of the extra trips I can plan now!
Yeah out of town AP should come with a warning:rotfl2:. I will have around 30 park days (or more) on my AP by time it expires. When I planned on around 20. And I live in MO!

Sounds like my kind of planning! lol Can't wait!!! All I need now is for Southwest to cooperate!

So so glad I booked Southwest from BWI early on morning fares were released through June. paid $139 RT and now fares are several hundred $ for my dates!

So so glad I booked Southwest from BWI early on morning fares were released through June. paid $139 RT and now fares are several hundred $ for my dates!

I LOVE when I get those fares--yep, def waited too long!! And didn't want to risk them going higher!

My ds and I will be celebrating his 13th birthday at CSR June 18-23. My 16 yo dd is staying home to work and dh doesn't do wdw in the summer. Plus we have a family trip planned in Nov so ds and I are going to get APs (rubs hands together and thinks about all of the extra trips I can plan now!) Airfare has been too high for me to justify so I booked an amtrak roomette for us with points one way, and will book our return flight later on this week.

Our plans for parks and meals are:

17 Father's Day brunch w family then Amtrak 3ish

18 arrival day! 10:45ish pending any delays <we've taken the auto train a few times and have been very lucky with no delays so fingers crossed). Uber to CSR.
Relax, pool, Studios (hopeful for soft opening of TSL, AP holder or general)

19 AK/ 8am Tusker House, break, PM Epcot WS

20 MK/8am Be Our Guest, long break, return for MK EMH

21 sleep in, Typhoon Lagoon, PM AK

22 Epcot/8am Garden Grill, break, PM MK

23 sleep in, RAC, 10:30 Crystal Palace/MK, ME around 5.

We'll be tired in the mornings a few times but are trying not to stay out too late prior to those early mornings and we decided that we have the whole summer to sleep lol (I'm a teacher so am off)

Can't wait for FP day!

Welcome! I travel with my (one and only) son often so I know you'll have a great time!

So FP days are coming up soon! What's everyone's biggest priority? Ours is still FoP but we also still like 7 dwarves mine train and all the mountains in MK. I have been banned from Frozen by my son (lol) he says it's just not good enough to waste a FP on. OH well!

Welcome! I travel with my (one and only) son often so I know you'll have a great time!

So FP days are coming up soon! What's everyone's biggest priority? Ours is still FoP but we also still like 7 dwarves mine train and all the mountains in MK. I have been banned from Frozen by my son (lol) he says it's just not good enough to waste a FP on. OH well!
It is ALL about FoP. And the only reason I'm getting to ride Frozen is because of the extra CL FPs... and a bribe. DS is still going to whine and moan about it, though. BOYS... :confused3

Definitely FoP, also SDMT and probably Soarin' too. My friend was only there once (a different trip with me in 2011) so she has a lot to catch up on. We're intense RD-ers though, so I'm not super worried about FP.

FP- definitely FoP, and prob SDMT. I can only do 7 days of FP with AP (5 days onsite), but my DD is going back in May to start her program- and I'll prob need to leave a couple days free for whomever goes with her to help get settled. Complicates planning, But I've found -with few exceptions- that I can get FP for most other things day before or day of pretty easily.

I have 63 days til we leave and 4 days til fastpass day! My kids are getting so excited, ok I am not going to lie, we all are ready to go! They were watching Tim Tracker on youtube today and watching rides, food and more LOL they are a bit obsessed. I feel like this trip will be bittersweet though because it will most likely be our only trip for quite some time and I want to visit some other places too. I think it'll be at least 3-5 years after all the new stuff is open and been open for a bit. Ah well, that is part of the reason we planned a 13 day trip (10 park days) this time because it would be so long before we could go back.

Anyway, I am glad to hear you guys are getting fp's that you want, I am hoping we will get the same, the only one that is a must have at this point seems to be FOP. I keep hoping that TSM will open up fp's before we leave, but I am not real hopeful at this point. I guess we'll just rope drop and hope for the best. :D I still need to figure out what dining reservations we are going to keep. I think I am going to drop Liberty Tree Tavern and Yak and Yeti for sure, I am questionable on the BOG lunch. I signed up for *********** alerts for Beaches n Cream in hopes to get a last minute reservation for our trip. Fingers crossed!

My 8 yr old has mentioned she wanted to do BBB but a we are so close to our date now, I doubt I can get a reservation and b. it's not really in the budget I think I will have her wear a princess dress the morning we have CRT breakfast, do her hair in a bun and get her a tiara/crown to wear and do her makeup stuff in a style similar. I wonder if I can get a sash on ebay?? lol must check that out in a minute! Sounds like a good optional plan, right??

Also I tried the shop park app to get my dd the grad mickey ear headband and it won't let me add to cart, does that mean sold out?? I will kick myself if so :( :(

Y'all, I know we're all impatient to be there. But at this very moment, 7DMT is at a 3 hour wait, and FoP is at 4 hours. I think I just became a little more patient. :crazy2:

Definitely FoP and Kali in AK, TT in Epcot, and Splash and BTMRR in MK :-) Hoping for a soft opening for slinky!!

They were watching Tim Tracker on youtube today and watching rides, food and more LOL they are a bit obsessed

My kids are also loving Tim Tracker! My youngest gets so excited when she sees that there is a new video of his to watch. Keep checking on those ADRs. I was just going through our dining choices the other day and was talking to my husband how I was a tad sad because we didn't plan any character meals this time. Since our girls are getting older, they may not be as interested in them by the next trip (not planning on returning until family reunion in 2021). We already have all our park ADRs made, but I thought I would look at the couple of non park days we have. On the very first try for a reservation at 'Ohana there was one available at 9:25am! I took it as a sign and grabbed it up as quick as I could. I did not expect to find a reservation at a little more than two months until our trip. Hopefully you have luck finding the ADR for Beaches and Cream.

Since we only have the one MK day, my biggest priority is 7DMT. My youngest (4) is finally tall enough to ride. He's the thrill rider who loved Barnstormer last year! It is his favorite ride. So he is excited to try 7DMT this year. We are doing a PPO at BOG so we can get an extra ride or two on as well. It will be 60+2 for us, so I hope I can get it for the morning. Crazily enough, my 6 year old is NOT a thrill rider so my DH and he will be doing Pooh while I do 7D with the 4 yr old. But then I'm going to schedule a second set for 7D for my DH and my 6 yr old (but he'll pass his band to the 4 yr old) so they can ride together.

Other than that we plan to schedule PP as a family and then my 4 yr old wants to do Splash with his Dad so I'll schedule 2 for that (one for me and I'll have to pass my band to DH and one DS4). The problem there is at his 4 yr appt last week he was only 39 1/2 inches tall. This was without shoes. So I am hoping upon hope that he grows enough that he will be 40 with shoe by the trip. I did tell him when he got measured that he isn't quite tall enough for Splash yet and he basically told everyone he saw for the rest of the day that he wasn't tall enough for Splash so I think he'll be okay if he can't make it...but I really want him to be able to...for his sake and my DH's, who has never ridden it either.

Since we only have the one MK day, my biggest priority is 7DMT. My youngest (4) is finally tall enough to ride. He's the thrill rider who loved Barnstormer last year! It is his favorite ride. So he is excited to try 7DMT this year. We are doing a PPO at BOG so we can get an extra ride or two on as well. It will be 60+2 for us, so I hope I can get it for the morning. Crazily enough, my 6 year old is NOT a thrill rider so my DH and he will be doing Pooh while I do 7D with the 4 yr old. But then I'm going to schedule a second set for 7D for my DH and my 6 yr old (but he'll pass his band to the 4 yr old) so they can ride together.

Other than that we plan to schedule PP as a family and then my 4 yr old wants to do Splash with his Dad so I'll schedule 2 for that (one for me and I'll have to pass my band to DH and one DS4). The problem there is at his 4 yr appt last week he was only 39 1/2 inches tall. This was without shoes. So I am hoping upon hope that he grows enough that he will be 40 with shoe by the trip. I did tell him when he got measured that he isn't quite tall enough for Splash yet and he basically told everyone he saw for the rest of the day that he wasn't tall enough for Splash so I think he'll be okay if he can't make it...but I really want him to be able to...for his sake and my DH's, who has never ridden it either.

I hope it all works out for you guys! Fingers crossed that he gets that extra bit of height.

Well, nuts. They just reported in the Toy Story Land thread that media day is June 28, which does not bode well for organized soft openings like they did for DVC and AP in Pandora last year. :(

I was able to meet DH on base and get my new military id. Even better- we didn't have to order the military salute tickets because they actually had some at the outdoor recreation center office! I got them all linked up so we only have to activate them the day we arrive. Now to countdown to fp+ picking day!

I am a bit annoyed by the parking fee at resorts, though if we had chosen to stay at Shades of Green we would still be paying a parking fee. It's a clear money grab, as it's not like they have to build parking to accommodate an influx of guests suddenly driving. It's also funny that Magical Express from MCO is still free. It's not enough to keep us from staying offsite though.

I got my spring bonus so I paid off my vehicle and then the rest of the resort money due. I already had money put aside for the tickets. We have over $1000 on Disney rewards card to use for food so we should be good. (DS1 and both GF's are paying for their own food and GF2 is paying us for her ticket).

So disappointed about TSM fp's :( I was really hoping they would open up another track going into Summer, but alas it does not seem to be so. I wonder how they will treat those with a disability pass? Has anyone been recently and heard or seen about it since they started one stand by?

I really need to sit down tomorrow and make a game plan of which fp's I want for which days. My fp day is Friday, I am not looking forward to getting up super early to do it, but I think it will be my best chance for a FOP fp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter