• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2018***

11 Days to go! I’m starting to get nervous about the heat... Can those of you who have been in June please reassure me? I’ve been in early Sept (the week of Labor Day) and I remember it being pretty darn toasty, but still manageable with breaks and time in the pool. Will mid-June be similar? I’m not averse to sweating, and I’ve got my wicking clothing all ready to go. I won’t be winning any prizes for being best-dressed, but it’ll be functional!

We've done numerous trips in June. It's definitely hot and humid but it's also manageable. We tend to do rope drop and stay in the park until about 1:00. Then we head back to the resort for a break either just hanging out in the a/c or swimming. We head back to the parks after dinner when it's cooler. If we decide to just push through and stay in the park all afternoon we save indoor shows/rides for the afternoon hours in order to spend more time in the a/c and out of the sun during the peak sunshine & heat hours.

11 Days to go! I’m starting to get nervous about the heat... Can those of you who have been in June please reassure me? I’ve been in early Sept (the week of Labor Day) and I remember it being pretty darn toasty, but still manageable with breaks and time in the pool. Will mid-June be similar? I’m not averse to sweating, and I’ve got my wicking clothing all ready to go. I won’t be winning any prizes for being best-dressed, but it’ll be functional!
Similar weather, perhaps a tad more chance for those pop up showers.

We arrived yesterday just as it started raining. Still very warm, and the rain very s quickly went to a very light mist sprinkle. We put ponchos on and toured the Fort on the golf cart. Had some time to kill til cabin ready~hour, by time cabin was ready (after game of checkers at Meadows settlement) rain stopped for rest of night. We went to AK to meet up with college friends who happened to be here and it was downright pleasant after 6 pm. Wasn't originally planning park day yesterday but we hadn't seen these friends in person in like 25 years. Had a ball (snagged FP for dinosaur, EE and Kali). After a few drinks in Nomad rest of us convinced the husband friend to wait standby for Flight of Passage. Waited 87 minutes (which flew by as we were catching up). Got see my DD after she got off work too-boy she had some tales to tell, she's loving her role at Studios. She's at muppets all day today.
Epcot tonight - but we still haven't decided what to do this am. LOVE the cabins!!

Went to islands of adventures yesterday. DD15 rode forbidden Journey 4 times in 30 minutes while we waited for the night time show. I have no idea how she didn’t get sick after riding it four times in a short period of time.

I forgot that the WDW resorts often do t-shirt tie-dyeing. Pete on 1 of the DIS Unplugged podcasts talked about it. So my kids are going to do that one afternoon during our stay. ODD is really excited about it. We'd spend more than $20 on a Disney tshirt anyway!

Went to islands of adventures yesterday. DD15 rode forbidden Journey 4 times in 30 minutes while we waited for the night time show. I have no idea how she didn’t get sick after riding it four times in a short period of time.
I love that ride but we all felt a little funny after riding it once. Good for her! We hit Epcot today and wow was it an amazing day. Beautiful weather and the longest line all day was Frozen at 25mins. I certainly don't expect everyday to go so smoothly but it sure was nice today.

We leave for vacation in 8 days, 20 hours and 42 mins, but who's counting!!:rolleyes1

We are driving from TN. on 14th, spending night in GA. Friday (15th) picking 10 year old granddaughter up in St. Simons, GA. She will be on vacation with her mom & stepdad. The 8 of us will make our way to condo that afternoon!

So ready to get on the road!! :car::dance3:

We're on day 3 of our adventure! We're tired, sore, but loving it. Hahaha. Crowds haven't been as bad as expected, and since I learned about modifying FP's (thank you Disboards!) we've only done standby for a whole...1, maybe 2 rides, and one of those was Frozen just after our Akershus breakfast so it was nothing. Haha. Thanks to everyone's shared wealth of knowledge here on the boards, I feel like a pro! (My husband has even complimented my planning skills. Haha.) SO totally worth the nearly 2 years of saving up for this trip. So many memories already and we've got 4 more days full and a few surprises for the kids left to go! :)

Chilling at he Meadows pool at the Fort. Studios this am. Got there at open, rode star tours twice, snack then Rock n Roller coaster (son did for first time), then ToT, watched some Citizens of Hollywood and headed out for lunch. Ate at Bahama Breeze-soooo good and we left with enough food for lunch tomorrow. Tonight is strak on the grill, potoatoes, then s'mores with Chip and Dale. Maybe MK for couple hours. Haven't decided.

Safe travels to those leaving soon! No rain where we were today just some threatening clouds

Are there any standard rooms that have been refurbished?

Sorry. Misposted this. Disregard.

Last edited:
We're on day 3 of our adventure! We're tired, sore, but loving it. Hahaha. Crowds haven't been as bad as expected, and since I learned about modifying FP's (thank you Disboards!) we've only done standby for a whole...1, maybe 2 rides, and one of those was Frozen just after our Akershus breakfast so it was nothing. Haha. Thanks to everyone's shared wealth of knowledge here on the boards, I feel like a pro! (My husband has even complimented my planning skills. Haha.) SO totally worth the nearly 2 years of saving up for this trip. So many memories already and we've got 4 more days full and a few surprises for the kids left to go! :)
Very similar to us. Longest wait was for Frozen 25 mins and Toy Story Mania 20 mins. Heading to MK tonight after restful morning. Hoping some of the crowds disappear when we get there around 4:00. Probably won't have extra fast passes today as we scheduled them to be at dusk/dark on purpose. But hoping for a lot of fast passes tomorrow.

Very similar to us. Longest wait was for Frozen 25 mins and Toy Story Mania 20 mins. Heading to MK tonight after restful morning. Hoping some of the crowds disappear when we get there around 4:00. Probably won't have extra fast passes today as we scheduled them to be at dusk/dark on purpose. But hoping for a lot of fast passes tomorrow.
Same here. Have FP starting at 3. Dinner at LTT at 6. Will have on a blue sundress with white sleepless shirt over it, and my "My kid makes magic" button on (black background with red lettering". Say hi if you see me!
Lazy morning this am. Middle kid and I did hit MK for about an hour and half last night. Did HM, pirates, peoplemover and could have done one more but we headed out then (10 min til park close). Saw HEA fireworks from the Fort Wilderness boat! So cool!

We're also heading to MK tonight since it's our last full day here. We have a 4th FP scheduled for 7:00 and hoping for a few more. We'll be heading to BTMRR during the fireworks (best place to watch them is on the ride!). Thankfully the temps sure have dropped suddenly so I can finally enjoy the balcony on my lovely Polynesian studio during the waking hours. I absolutely love this room, the location (Tokelau) cannot be beat. I can totally see why people love this resort, I think it actually might edge out the Lodge for us just a bit. I'm so happy we'll get to stay again in October. Once I get back, I'll work on adding those of you who have joined us earlier this week. Also, I may do a more detailed write up about our trip, but probably not a full on trip report as I never can finish them.

I hope those of you already here are having a great time (and staying cool/hydrated!) and those who arrive soon have safe travels.

We are on day three of our stay! So far the crowds have been quiet manageable. The weather today is finally a bit cooler with lots of cloud cover and an afternoon shower. Mon and Tues beautiful blue skies but the sun was brutal. We have been doing fine with afternoon resort breaks though. Heading to Via Napoli for dinner and a Frozen FP after. We are going to be in MK late for EMH until 1:00 a.m. I'll have on a black dress with blue hearts, say hi if you see my gang out there tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter