• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official March 2022 thread!

Is anyone else surprised that no parks have sold out yet for reservations in March? I've been putting off buying tickets because we're coordinating with a large group, so I've been watching closely. All green in March and April so far...

Is anyone else surprised that no parks have sold out yet for reservations in March? I've been putting off buying tickets because we're coordinating with a large group, so I've been watching closely. All green in March and April so far...
Since the parks are back to full capacity (we think), it’s highly unlikely that any day will run out of reservations entirely. There’s always a chance that a particular category will run out, but Disney would probably just reshuffle from a different category in that case.

Since the parks are back to full capacity (we think), it’s highly unlikely that any day will run out of reservations entirely. There’s always a chance that a particular category will run out, but Disney would probably just reshuffle from a different category in that case.
True. I was just there over Thanksgiving though and there were many yellow/red days, so I guess I was expecting the same for spring break.

Okay, my partner wants to do the red eye which puts in Orlando at 6 am on Saturday and our first park day is Monday. Sunday is a monorail crawl. Friday, the day we leave, is Disney Springs and Chef Art Smiths and Gideons.

BUUUTT NOOOWWW I have a whole day Saturday. We're at POP that night so it's not like the best pool or anything.

SO... We were considering going to Typhoon Lagoon. Are we crazy? We've never been, don't even know how to get there, and know next to nothing about it.

Should we do a waterpark or is there a better way to spend our day? HELP!

Does anyone here use Priceline for airline tickets? I've only bought straight from the airline before, but Priceline is showing about half the cost of the airline.

Okay, my partner wants to do the red eye which puts in Orlando at 6 am on Saturday and our first park day is Monday. Sunday is a monorail crawl. Friday, the day we leave, is Disney Springs and Chef Art Smiths and Gideons.

BUUUTT NOOOWWW I have a whole day Saturday. We're at POP that night so it's not like the best pool or anything.

SO... We were considering going to Typhoon Lagoon. Are we crazy? We've never been, don't even know how to get there, and know next to nothing about it.

Have you checked the cost to add one more park day to your ticket? It usually doesn't cost a lot more to add a day. :)

Hi all! Joining in for a mother-daughter trip. I’m a new DVC member so I’m “treating” my mom with some expiring points! We’ll be at AKV Jambo March 1-6. My mom hasn’t been in 5+ years, and she’s very excited! We are basing our park days on when we can get our preferred ADRs, which so far we’ve only been able to snag about half, but we’ll definitely be doing MK first to take advantage of the deluxe evening hours.

Just booked for March. Hubby is going to FL for work trip and said why don’t you take the kids to Disney? Umm sure! We are going March 3-7 staying at Beach Club with park days being 4-6. Kids are 10 & 12. They love everything but tower of terror! Lol

Planning on MK, HS, and Epcot. I still haven’t reserved park days. Flower and Garden is starting right before we go. Anyone have ideas on which days I should go where? We’ve been on about one trip a year for the last 10 years minus last year. So kids have favorites. I feel like my old strategies are largely out the window. Planning on Genie+ and $LL. Just don’t know what order togo in the parks.

Love how active the thread is and a very warm welcome to all joining in!
You have an amazing husband!!
Thanks! I think I'll keep him.;)
Our challenge is the only mornings we can make work are March 24th or 25th, and the times that are available are after park opening. Those are both HS mornings for us, so we really need an early time as I want to be at the park by 8a. I'm totally looking for a unicorn here. We have two epcot mornings on the 19th and 22nd but on the 22nd we have Topolinos (and I'm NOT dropping that one..ha!) and on the 19th the earliest is 9a and Epcot opens at 10a that day, so that won't work either as we like to get there an hour ahead of time to RD. I've got Mouse Alerts set up in hopes there is an early time that pops open, but if not...oh well.
Hope everything works out for you!
I was able to get an ADR for breakfast at Ale & Compass today for March 9th. Touring Plans had alerted me that it was available. :)

I made our resort reservation only a few days ago so I missed the 60 day ADR booking window.
Awesome!
We decided NOT to do O'hana's because they apparently aren't doing the kids games stuff--which honestly would be a selling point if we didn't have kids! Be sure to check the website pages for the restaurants you want if they had anything interactive going on because a LOT of them have scaled that all back if not outright cancelled it.
I am so sad to say this but I definitely think you made the right call. Ohana is just not what it used to be.
It just feels like a very long, very expensive meal that may or may not have good food right now. And it's SO HARD to get a reservation I'm all... is this really worth the stress?
Honestly, I would say no, not right now. And we LOVED Ohana in the past. So many happy family memories were made there. Hopefully it will go back to it's former glory.
I got everything!!!! Whew. Even booked a couple of things we're not sure of and can cancel later. Now to figure out cakes/special desserts/special whatevers.
Yay! Such a good feeling!
Same here! We haven't bought our tickets yet either. We're only doing 2 day hoppers this time.
I agree. The park reservation really seems to not have much to do with managing capacity anymore.

Yes! We love Typhoon Lagoon! It is so fun and we always have the best time there. The wave pool, the raft rides, the lazy river, drinks at the bar, lounging in the sun and enjoying a bucket of ice cream for lunch. What could be better?
Does anyone here use Priceline for airline tickets? I've only bought straight from the airline before, but Priceline is showing about half the cost of the airline.
I've never done Priceline for flights but have used Hopper. I have had great luck with Priceline on hotels though
Hi all! Joining in for a mother-daughter trip. I’m a new DVC member so I’m “treating” my mom with some expiring points! We’ll be at AKV Jambo March 1-6. My mom hasn’t been in 5+ years, and she’s very excited! We are basing our park days on when we can get our preferred ADRs, which so far we’ve only been able to snag about half, but we’ll definitely be doing MK first to take advantage of the deluxe evening hours.
So lovely! Hope you have the best time with your Mom! I will add you to the roll call. :)
Just booked for March. Hubby is going to FL for work trip and said why don’t you take the kids to Disney? Umm sure! We are going March 3-7 staying at Beach Club with park days being 4-6. Kids are 10 & 12. They love everything but tower of terror! Lol

Planning on MK, HS, and Epcot. I still haven’t reserved park days. Flower and Garden is starting right before we go. Anyone have ideas on which days I should go where? We’ve been on about one trip a year for the last 10 years minus last year. So kids have favorites. I feel like my old strategies are largely out the window. Planning on Genie+ and $LL. Just don’t know what order togo in the parks.
Welcome! I would avoid Epcot on the weekends...it just seems so much more crowded and a different vibe then. So maybe Epcot on the Monday, Hollywood Studios on Friday and MK on Saturday??

We had to cxl our big WDW trip & reschedule for Oct 22. From that we had expiring points so had to book a late March trip for just DH & I. our main focus is to relearn their new system, esp Genie+, so we can have a successful Oct trip 🥺

We have a long red eye flight, arriving MCO at 12:15p on MK extended night hours. I didn't reserve any park but would like to. Do you think it's worth going if we go after 6p? TIA

We LOVE Typhoon Lagoon, so much so DS 16 and I were BOTH checking every day for at least six weeks to see if/when it was reopening. The wave pool cannot be beat, and the rides are a LOT of fun. We're going the day we switch from PVB to CSR, and we've even got reservations for a Beachcomber Shack (yes, it's super spendy, especially for just two people, but we aren't coming back to WDW for at least two years and wanted to go out in style :beach:). Back in the day, you could occasionally encounter characters wandering around, and on our first visit to TL, Stitch snuck up behind DS, 7 years old at the time, and stole his water bottle. It was FABULOUS, one of my favorite memories. :stitch:

We like to go to Epcot on arrival day whenever we are staying at one of the Epcot resorts. We also like to avoid MK on Saturdays, since that seems to be the busiest day of the week. We like Sundays at MK since crowds tend to be low on Sunday mornings. :)

We LOVE Typhoon Lagoon, so much so DS 16 and I were BOTH checking every day for at least six weeks to see if/when it was reopening. The wave pool cannot be beat, and the rides are a LOT of fun. We're going the day we switch from PVB to CSR, and we've even got reservations for a Beachcomber Shack (yes, it's super spendy, especially for just two people, but we aren't coming back to WDW for at least two years and wanted to go out in style :beach:). Back in the day, you could occasionally encounter characters wandering around, and on our first visit to TL, Stitch snuck up behind DS, 7 years old at the time, and stole his water bottle. It was FABULOUS, one of my favorite memories. :stitch:
So excited! I definitely think TL is the move for that day. I'm hoping all the adrenaline of being there will push me through and being up so early "my time" will help adjust us to the jetlag so we can be up for those 7 am genie+ ressies 🤪

We also love TL and I'm so excited to take my kids for the first time!

Also is there a genie+ like FAQ or walkthrough? I have no idea what it is.

We had to cxl our big WDW trip & reschedule for Oct 22. From that we had expiring points so had to book a late March trip for just DH & I. our main focus is to relearn their new system, esp Genie+, so we can have a successful Oct trip 🥺

We have a long red eye flight, arriving MCO at 12:15p on MK extended night hours. I didn't reserve any park but would like to. Do you think it's worth going if we go after 6p? TIA
Welcome! How do you think you will feel after a long travel day? Do you think you will get the value from a park ticket for only 5 hours? Personally, I would just settle in to the resort, have a nice dinner and be ready to hit the parks the next day.
Stitch snuck up behind DS, 7 years old at the time, and stole his water bottle. It was FABULOUS, one of my favorite memories. :stitch:
Hahaha! I love it! On our first trip we were watching the parade at MK and my then 6 year old was holding his Stitch plushie. Stitch came over, stole the plushie out of Stuart's hands and ran away while the Three Broomsticks chased him and made him bring it back. It was hilarious!

Today was my ADR day and I was AMAZED at the availability - like it was almost eerie how easy it was to get all of the reservations I wanted (and more that I wasn't even planning on!) at the times I wanted. Definitely made it worth getting up super early! I hope everyone else has/had the same experience!

I was surprised, too! I made SO many mistakes because I forgot to organize my ADRs around fireworks (whoops, lol) and I was able to move stuff around even days later no problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter