***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Well I can only speak for Alabama, our governor issue a state of emergency which allow schools to request not to make up days, our system had 3 days built in, we missed a total of 3 days, the first day was a waste, it did nothing up here in North Alabama, the other 2 days were ices/snow. We are only making up the first day and they aren't even using the snow days! We had 2 half days, so we are going full days those days to make up for the 1 day missed. So our school year did not get extended out. Also years ago when swine flu was going around, schools shut down for several days, they did tack on days at the end of the year but said parents could send a letter in if they had vacations already planned and would be excused from making it up, which we did.

All that to say, I wouldn't count on snow day necessarily to make crowd predictions go down.
In my district in GA, we missed 3 days due to Irma which used up our inclement weather days. We missed 1 day due to predicted ice (actually National Championship...lol) and 2 days due to actual snow/ice. We did Digital Learning Days our last 3 missed days so the kids actually did online assignments on those days so we do not have to extend our school calendar. I'm not sure what other local districts decided to do...I've heard Saturday school, extending the school day by 30 minutes, and total forgiveness. I haven't heard of many that are extending the school year, but I am sure that there may be some?

I think this sounds like Toy Story Land is scheduled to open Memorial Day Weekend. Soft Openings for Pandora last year started around May 8th. Fingers crossed
With Galactic Nights on 5/27 do we really think Memorial Day for TSL too? The announcement for that almost tells me TSL will be later. Anyone else?

I had thought maybe that TP dropped the crowd levels based on snow days in the east - since I am first week of June, some may have to delay travel plans until later due to changing school schedules (TP had actually raised crowd level for my week a couple of months back). Then, of course, I was hoping that Disney changed to a later closing time at the Studios because something "new" may be opening? None of the other parks had their closing times change.

Time to wish on that star.
Our schools have 8 days built in and between Eclipse, weather, flu, we are up to 7 so far. There's a chance they will be excused from making up eclipse, if it comes down to it. Hopefully, we don't miss any more. We are due to be out by 5/24 right now.

I'm in NJ and we don't get out of school until June 20. We have used our two built in days and we are hoping we don't use anymore!! If so they push back graduation or take away Easter break. They always threaten graduation but they have always taken other days instead (President's Day, Easter break, etc).

how many tracks with TSMM have once the new land will open?

With Galactic Nights on 5/27 do we really think Memorial Day for TSL too? The announcement for that almost tells me TSL will be later. Anyone else?

Our schools have 8 days built in and between Eclipse, weather, flu, we are up to 7 so far. There's a chance they will be excused from making up eclipse, if it comes down to it. Hopefully, we don't miss any more. We are due to be out by 5/24 right now.
You missed school for the Eclipse?

You missed school for the Eclipse?
Our school dismissed at the exact time of the eclipse. We are located in the area of 99% totality. They decided that it was not wise to have the kids dismissing at the exact moment of the time the eclipse was happening in an area where it was going on so yeah, we got out. It was a smart choice.

Our school dismissed at the exact time of the eclipse. We are located in the area of 99% totality. They decided that it was not wise to have the kids dismissing at the exact moment of the time the eclipse was happening in an area where it was going on so yeah, we got out. It was a smart choice.
That makes sense considering what you said. We we're not back to school yet and not located very close to totality.

AngiTN.,
I’m with you. There are no special offers for rooms after 6/10. Seems slightly later than normal to have summer deals announced. Maybe they are waiting to pinpoint the opening and don’t feel like they need many discounts this summer.

AngiTN.,
I’m with you. There are no special offers for rooms after 6/10. Seems slightly later than normal to have summer deals announced. Maybe they are waiting to pinpoint the opening and don’t feel like they need many discounts this summer.
Later summer discounts historically are released at the end of March.

Mostly I just can't imagine they would want to close the park and have a Hard Ticket Star Wars centered event on the same weekend that they had the grand opening for Toy Story Land. Not thinking back to the way they held the opening for Pandora.
I guess they could do Galactic Nights on the 27th and then the grand opening for TSL on Memorial Day (the 28th) but that would be have to be heck on park operations. Wasn't there a 2, 3 day break between the public opening and the media event for Pandora? They could do a media event for TSL before Galactic Nights then the public opening on Memorial Day. Still think that's got to be stressful to put all that on at one park in a few day stretch.

Mostly I just can't imagine they would want to close the park and have a Hard Ticket Star Wars centered event on the same weekend that they had the grand opening for Toy Story Land. Not thinking back to the way they held the opening for Pandora.
I guess they could do Galactic Nights on the 27th and then the grand opening for TSL on Memorial Day (the 28th) but that would be have to be heck on park operations. Wasn't there a 2, 3 day break between the public opening and the media event for Pandora? They could do a media event for TSL before Galactic Nights then the public opening on Memorial Day. Still think that's got to be stressful to put all that on at one park in a few day stretch.
My only thought is since they’ll have media there they can have the media talk up Galactic nights as well. I am thinking early June though instead.

My only thought is since they’ll have media there they can have the media talk up Galactic nights as well. I am thinking early June though instead.

I could see that - with more of a media "sneak peak" than full blown opening with it 100% done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter