Official Wine & Dine 2018

If my AP expires before the registration date, but my daughter's is still active (she is a minor) can anyone tell me if I will still be allowed in the early AP registration window to sign myself up? Her AP is linked to my MDE.
I was told 2 years ago by emailing rundisney as long as the AP holder lives in the same household, so same address, their family members can use early sign up as well.

There is still no listing in Active for it, but Marathon Weekend is already in there.

No run clubs (or very limited) are taking/receiving bibs because ALL non-direct registration providers (TAs, Charity, Run Club) are now required to abide by the TA registration rules - that means a required two-night hotel and two-day ticket (APs/CMs are the only opportunities to have the ticket requirement waived).

At this point, always assume changes of some kind unless you’re planning on Marathon or Princess Weekend. Those two weekends are consistent, almost immediate sell-outs and they are able to share a lot of the same logistic elements that come at a reduced cost with the weekends being so close to each other ... the start/finish area for example - signage comes down, but tents, bleachers, even the finish area stays up and entirely intact between the two weekends and for anyone that’s planned a large-scale event knows that one of the biggest money sucks is having to pay to have that stuff set-up and taken down. The rental cost is minimal. So, two race weekends with only one set-up and tear-down cost is HUGE.

RunDisney took a loss on W&D last year (as did many TAs, Charity Providers and run clubs), so they could be looking for ways to maximize cost options.

Personally, I enjoyed the party because it was nowhere near as crowded as the years when the race ended at the party. But that’s because it felt like only half of the participants actually went to the party. So, if Epcot Food & Bev was receiving some sort of expenditure guarantee from RD to keep the booths open and didn’t meet that (RD would have to pick up the rest of the guarantee), it becomes a really costly event.

I’m trying to remember the last race event where themes were announced before registration - maybe Pixar/2017 Disneyland?

Not 2017 Disneyland. I think they took Dumbo out of the title and it was "double dare challenge" but I clearly remember being bummed when they released the themes and medals. I really wanted the classic D medal.

Flights right now are way higher than I want them to be. It could be I have never flown in November though...
Great. Haven't even looked at flights yet. Debating taking some time off Monday to register, providing there is a dvc registration or any kind of registration. Kind of wish I could hit marathon weekend instead at this point but that just doesn't work with work.

Great. Haven't even looked at flights yet. Debating taking some time off Monday to register, providing there is a dvc registration or any kind of registration. Kind of wish I could hit marathon weekend instead at this point but that just doesn't work with work.
I am coming in Nov. 2nd right now but depending on pricing I might fly in on the 1st instead. I would have to book a room for that night though. Southwest only has flight open through Nov. 3rd.

I am coming in Nov. 2nd right now but depending on pricing I might fly in on the 1st instead. I would have to book a room for that night though. Southwest only has flight open through Nov. 3rd.
I was hoping to stay the 2-5 as long as flights work out. I will worry about that once I know for sure I'm registered. I prefer earliest flights out and latest flights home. That usually requires 2 different airlines though.

I was hoping to stay the 2-5 as long as flights work out. I will worry about that once I know for sure I'm registered. I prefer earliest flights out and latest flights home. That usually requires 2 different airlines though.
So do I but I always fly southwest due to the direct flights from where I live and free baggage.

I might be in the minority here but I strongly prefer the morning races. By 10pm my body is already tired and wants to go to bed.
I'm just hoping it stays a morning race because it's supposed to be an A race for me. If they change it to a night race I'll have to opt out. I don't think they will, but you never know.

Same here. I did 2 EEs, 3 TOTs and 2 W&Ds at night and swore them off after that: night races just do not work for me. So if W&D were to move back to night, that would be the end for me. But I don't think that's happening.

Flights right now are way higher than I want them to be. It could be I have never flown in November though...

I checked flights yesterday for "opening day" for SW and they are decidedly higher than last year. And this is comparing the same flights on 11/1 that I purchase on opening day last year. (However, last year I flew on Wednesday and I can't leave my kids behind on Halloween so flying in Thursday.) I chose to take my chances and hope for a sale. I'll look again when they release the next block and probably periodically check pricing for the 1st.

I was told 2 years ago by emailing rundisney as long as the AP holder lives in the same household, so same address, their family members can use early sign up as well.
This is not what I was told a couple of years back. I was told each registrant needed to hold an AP. Same as the DVC rule @rteetz mentions below.

Not unusual to have conflicting CM info — no idea which is right. :sad2:

That is interesting. I know thats how it works with DVC.

The SW flights are pricier than I expected for November 1 too. Since we’ll be returning on the 6th, and the schedule doesn’t go out that far, I’m just going to book the one way and keep checking. If the price comes down or there’s a special before the next set of flights comes out I can use the flight credits on the return flight.

DH and I are thinking about doing the 2-course challenge. We have never done a run Disney event or a half marathon before. I've seen some posts on here about proof of time. I don't really understand that. I haven't seen anything about that on the run Disney website. Can someone explain this to me?

We likely wouldn't know until the end of March if we can register. Is that too late? I don't really want to register and not be able to go, but I also don't want it to sell out.

My third thing is we haven't booked a hotel, but I am starting to look. I'm not sure if some hotels are better than others for race weekend? We don't really want to spend more than $300/night and a lot of the hotels look $$$ for that weekend. Can anyone help me with these things??

DH and I are thinking about doing the 2-course challenge. We have never done a run Disney event or a half marathon before. I've seen some posts on here about proof of time. I don't really understand that. I haven't seen anything about that on the run Disney website. Can someone explain this to me?

We likely wouldn't know until the end of March if we can register. Is that too late? I don't really want to register and not be able to go, but I also don't want it to sell out.

My third thing is we haven't booked a hotel, but I am starting to look. I'm not sure if some hotels are better than others for race weekend? We don't really want to spend more than $300/night and a lot of the hotels look $$$ for that weekend. Can anyone help me with these things??

Here’s the information on Proof of Time from the RunDisney website. It’s probably easiest to start with it and then ask specific questions if there’s still confusion. The race could sell out quickly or it could be available for months. It’s really hard to tell with this one. If they make significant changes to the race weekend before registration opens it’s more likely to sell quickly, I’d guess. As for hotels, all Disney resorts will have race transportation so it’s mostly a matter of finding one that fits your taste and budget. Good luck!

runDisney Proof of Time Guidelines

If you believe you will finish the half marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Disney Two Course Challenge participants should adhere to half marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races. Please reference the Race Pacing Chart below for finish times and associated pacing per mile. Please note we do not accept self-timed, training, or virtual runs as proof of time.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after November 1, 2016 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
    • Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
  • A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
    • Name of Race
    • Distance
    • City
    • State
    • Date
    • Finish time
    • Link to Results

*For example, Disney Princess Half Marathon, 13.1, Orlando, FL, 2/25/18, –2:35

• For starting corral placement, proof of time must be submitted by the participant for each individual race.
  • If proof of time is not provided by July 31, 2018, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
  • No corral changes will be made after July 31, 2018.
  • Past runDisney races may be used as proof of time, however they are not automatically input for your race registration.
  • Proof of time submissions must be made within your active.com account and cannot be accepted via email.
  • Click here to update your proof of time on your active.com account.
  • To update the proof of time for a minor only, please email disneysports@trackshack.com.
  • For any questions regarding proof of time, please email disneysports@trackshack.com

This is not what I was told a couple of years back. I was told each registrant needed to hold an AP. Same as the DVC rule @rteetz mentions below.

Not unusual to have conflicting CM info — no idea which is right. :sad2:
Interesting, I guess it was 3 years ago actually prior to registering for Dumbo Double dare as I went back and found my email, guess if anyone is concerned best to email to double check.

I’m trying to make my final resort choices and I can’t decide how important being in an EPCOT area resort for the weekend is to me. We will do most of the week at French Quarter due to budget but would like to add 2days at another resort. Right now, I have us booked for 2nights at the Dolphin for the race so my family could easily see the run(assuming Disney doesn’t mess with the course)
However I’m debating just coming down and doing the beginning of the trip at FQ and the last two days at Poly(always wanted to stay there) if we do that I would do the race and no family would make it to cheer me on. I’ve done 2 run Disney events and never had my family there so it’s not that big of a deal but sure would be nice.

So what would you guys do
2 nights Dolphin,5nights FQ
Or
5 night FQ, 2 nights Poly?

I’m trying to make my final resort choices and I can’t decide how important being in an EPCOT area resort for the weekend is to me. We will do most of the week at French Quarter due to budget but would like to add 2days at another resort. Right now, I have us booked for 2nights at the Dolphin for the race so my family could easily see the run(assuming Disney doesn’t mess with the course)
However I’m debating just coming down and doing the beginning of the trip at FQ and the last two days at Poly(always wanted to stay there) if we do that I would do the race and no family would make it to cheer me on. I’ve done 2 run Disney events and never had my family there so it’s not that big of a deal but sure would be nice.

So what would you guys do
2 nights Dolphin,5nights FQ
Or
5 night FQ, 2 nights Poly?
Me, I would do 5 night FQ, 2 nights Poly because having family cheer me on isn't that big of a deal since no one has at Disney yet for me and Poly sounds lovely. They could still get to the finish to see you or depending on your pace & when you start see you inside Epcot when you come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter