Official Wine & Dine 2018

My family has usually met me at the park after but I always think it would be cool to to have family there. It will be DH with our 3year old and 18m old with a giant double stroller so I doubt they will be meeting me at the park unless it walkable.
However I’ve always wanted to stay at the Poly while I don’t mind missing the dolphin.

It would be super easy for your DH to get to Epcot. He can walk to the TTC and get on the monorail. Kids can stay in the stroller the entire time. You don’t have to fold up the strollers on the monorail.

Here’s the information on Proof of Time from the RunDisney website. It’s probably easiest to start with it and then ask specific questions if there’s still confusion. The race could sell out quickly or it could be available for months. It’s really hard to tell with this one. If they make significant changes to the race weekend before registration opens it’s more likely to sell quickly, I’d guess. As for hotels, all Disney resorts will have race transportation so it’s mostly a matter of finding one that fits your taste and budget. Good luck!

runDisney Proof of Time Guidelines

If you believe you will finish the half marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Disney Two Course Challenge participants should adhere to half marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races. Please reference the Race Pacing Chart below for finish times and associated pacing per mile. Please note we do not accept self-timed, training, or virtual runs as proof of time.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after November 1, 2016 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
    • Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
  • A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
    • Name of Race
    • Distance
    • City
    • State
    • Date
    • Finish time
    • Link to Results

*For example, Disney Princess Half Marathon, 13.1, Orlando, FL, 2/25/18, –2:35

• For starting corral placement, proof of time must be submitted by the participant for each individual race.
  • If proof of time is not provided by July 31, 2018, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
  • No corral changes will be made after July 31, 2018.
  • Past runDisney races may be used as proof of time, however they are not automatically input for your race registration.
  • Proof of time submissions must be made within your active.com account and cannot be accepted via email.
  • Click here to update your proof of time on your active.com account.
  • To update the proof of time for a minor only, please email disneysports@trackshack.com.
  • For any questions regarding proof of time, please email disneysports@trackshack.com
Okay I think that makes sense. So if we are just doing it for fun and really don’t care about our time, we would be fine not sending a proof of time in? We would just be in the last corral right?

Okay I think that makes sense. So if we are just doing it for fun and really don’t care about our time, we would be fine not sending a proof of time in? We would just be in the last corral right?

You would most likely be in the last corral, yes. I think the answer to your other question depends on a number of factors. What is your normal pace? Would you be close to the 16 min/mile pace requirement? Would you like to stop for character photos? RunDisney races are far, far more crowded in the later corrals. My advice is that if you are fast enough to submit a proof of time (projected finish time <2:45), Run a local race for proof an submit it. Being in an earlier corral will usually translate to a more enjoyable experience.

You would most likely be in the last corral, yes. I think the answer to your other question depends on a number of factors. What is your normal pace? Would you be close to the 16 min/mile pace requirement? Would you like to stop for character photos? RunDisney races are far, far more crowded in the later corrals. My advice is that if you are fast enough to submit a proof of time (projected finish time <2:45), Run a local race for proof an submit it. Being in an earlier corral will usually translate to a more enjoyable experience.
Well I have knee problems and the farthest I’ve ever ran is a 5k for a race. But I was planning on finding a good run/walk pace so my knee won’t hurt. I guess my point is I really don’t know what my pace will be. My 5k races usually have me at a 9:30-10 minute mile, but that’s when I run the whole thing and sprint at the end. After about 2 miles my knees start to hurt.

I would love to stop and take pictures with characters. I’m assuming it’s better to be near the front for meeting characters?

Well I have knee problems and the farthest I’ve ever ran is a 5k for a race. But I was planning on finding a good run/walk pace so my knee won’t hurt. I guess my point is I really don’t know what my pace will be. My 5k races usually have me at a 9:30-10 minute mile, but that’s when I run the whole thing and sprint at the end. After about 2 miles my knees start to hurt.

I would love to stop and take pictures with characters. I’m assuming it’s better to be near the front for meeting characters?

The pacing/time limit clock starts when the last runner in the last corral crosses the starting line, so the further forward you start the more time you’ll have for character photos.

The pacing/time limit clock starts when the last runner in the last corral crosses the starting line, so the further forward you start the more time you’ll have for character photos.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for all your help! We may not be able to go if it sells out right away anyway. We likely won’t know until the end of March if we can go or not.

It's been a while since I've visited this forum but with W&D registration around the corner, I'm back. :) I haven't gone through all 22 pages here but what do you pros think will happen with registration this year? If I recall last year it didn't sell out right away (I didn't do it last year), however this has been a tricky one in the past. Do we think it will be tough to get into? I'm a bit concerned as we are getting our 3rd Nor'Easter in 2 weeks on Tuesday and there is a good chance I could lose power with that. :sad2: I'd hate to miss out due to a storm.

It's been a while since I've visited this forum but with W&D registration around the corner, I'm back. :) I haven't gone through all 22 pages here but what do you pros think will happen with registration this year? If I recall last year it didn't sell out right away (I didn't do it last year), however this has been a tricky one in the past. Do we think it will be tough to get into? I'm a bit concerned as we are getting our 3rd Nor'Easter in 2 weeks on Tuesday and there is a good chance I could lose power with that. :sad2: I'd hate to miss out due to a storm.
I don’t think it will sell out right away this year either.

We started actually trying to plan out our November Trip since it will be 10 nights - November 1st thru 11th.

I'm 100% not doing the half marathon. Doing 3 races in a row just doesn't sound fun to either my husband or me. I rather do the Lady & Tramp 5K and I love the 10K Distance. My husband would rather do the challenge.

Now we're debating on some of the special events DVC's has. I think we're going to Soarin' special event on Wednesday Mornings. If the Star Wars Fireworks is still happening, we'll do that dessert party as well.

Since we both have Moviepass - we earn a lot of points at Regal and don't need to use it on free tickets. We're going to use some of our points for 2 1 Day 2 Park Passes for Universal Orlando and do that either Monday or Tuesday. Great use of 150,000 points for us! (I think I'm at like 250,000 points at the moment). Paying for parking won't be a big deal and we may spring for the express passes depending on how much they cost.

We'll also do some of the special events for Food & Wine Festival - probably the Mexican Tequila Lunch, the Italian Food & Wine Pairing, Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining, Parisian Breakfast, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting, Tokyo Dining Event or Hibachi Experience (just one of the two). Obviously these events could change based on what's offered for the festival this year.

Hmm that is making me nervous! Again please pardon my ignorance to how the races run (I am very new to runDisney) but will this mean tomorrow's public registration is suspended too? I just want to make sure I am interpreting things right. I will of course keep an eye on it but I am really worried I will miss out!

Hmm that is making me nervous! Again please pardon my ignorance to how the races run (I am very new to runDisney) but will this mean tomorrow's public registration is suspended too? I just want to make sure I am interpreting things right. I will of course keep an eye on it but I am really worried I will miss out!
Yes, looks like it's all registrations delayed and to check back next week it says.

Yes, I think we can assume all registration is suspended. I can't believe they would have the early AP/DVC registration after the regular registration. And notice that registration will probably not be next week...they are just promising an update next week.

Yes, looks like it's all registrations delayed and to check back next week it says.

Thank you - I had read that but as a Super Worrier (working on that!) I just wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correctly. I hate feeling like a bother but I know you guys are such a wealth of experience and information that I wanted to be certain I did interpret it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter