Official Wine & Dine 2018

Yeah, I get that the AP/DVC log-in issues are incredibly frustrating, but would they really delay *all* of registration because 5-10% (whatever the number is of early AP/DVC bibs) of the bibs cannot be claimed a few days early??
I’m one of those AP glitches, but was fine with just registering Tuesday instead. So I also think something else is afoot.

Yeah, I get that the AP/DVC log-in issues are incredibly frustrating, but would they really delay *all* of registration because 5-10% (whatever the number is of early AP/DVC bibs) of the bibs cannot be claimed a few days early??

In a way I do understand this. I am neither, but as I understand it part of the perks of being AP/DVC is early registration for some things. I will be an AP soon and I can see how people in those categories might be aggravated if they end up having that perk not available this year, and have to do general registration. Maybe make it a day or two before general registration, due to this issue, instead of a week or so, but I still think they should be allowed early access. I think it's only fair to grant them their perk, and it shouldn't be taken away if at all possible due to an IT issue. I wouldn't like having a concert presale taken from me that say, I paid for the perk with a fan club membership, due to an IT issue and then having to fight for it with the general public. Just because it might be a smaller percentage of racers doesn't warrant them having the option taken from them.

I like others don’t think they will cancel but changes are likely. I just hope it’s not a date change. I’m not sure I can go at another time.

RunDisney and their drama continues!
If it is a date change that would be tough. I’m debating booking a room now or waiting until I know what’s going on.

I kinda understand all the complaints I’ve read about runDisney now, though :duck:

I don't think they would. If the AP/DVC IT glitch was the only problem, then RunDisney could just "guarantee" that any AP/DVC folks who got shut out during the first day of general registration could register later. I don't see the races filling up on the first day or two anyway.

In a way I do understand this. I am neither, but as I understand it part of the perks of being AP/DVC is early registration for some things. I will be an AP soon and I can see how people in those categories might be aggravated if they end up having that perk not available this year, and have to do general registration. Maybe make it a day or two before general registration, due to this issue, instead of a week or so, but I still think they should be allowed early access. I think it's only fair to grant them their perk, and it shouldn't be taken away if at all possible due to an IT issue. I wouldn't like having a concert presale taken from me that say, I paid for the perk with a fan club membership, due to an IT issue and then having to fight for it with the general public. Just because it might be a smaller percentage of racers doesn't warrant them having the option taken from them.
I get what you're saying, but
1. those perks are never guaranteed, and
2. registration day is SUCH a big event that again, I'd really question the decision to delay it for the other like 20K bibs (way underestimating here) that they are going to sell. People plan and take time off of work for this - I think they'd get way more complaints from the 90% of people doing general registration vs. the APs. :confused3
They still haven’t posted the dates for the 2018 festival which is why I’m having that thought.
Reeeeeally, that is interesting!

Alright this is obviously no longer an "IT" issue. Something is definitely going on.

Actually, it still could very well be an IT issue. People are still reporting an inability to access the benefits page of their AP/DVC account. Since they advertise early registration as a perk of the AP/DVC membership they could open themselves up to legal issues, not to mention a firestorm of pissed off AP/DVC members, if they go ahead with regular registration without giving them early access.

I'm not saying this is definitely what's going on here. Just that I wouldn't be so quick to write of IT issues as the cause for the delay.

I like others don’t think they will cancel but changes are likely. I just hope it’s not a date change. I’m not sure I can go at another time.

RunDisney and their drama continues!

I'd be annoyed at a date change since they release the dates so early and people book rooms and request vacation time, purchase flights, etc. But it is runDisney so I guess we should have learned to take all info from them with a grain of salt at this point! ;)

Also it's weird to me that they just updated the descriptions of the races with characters and then have these delays. I can't see them canceling with those updates being made?

I also wonder if Disney is majoring changing the Food and Wine Festival...

I know there was a lot of talk about F&W festival dates not being on the F&G program like normal so changes to the festival that could impact the race?

I don't believe it will be a date change. They wouldn't have doubled down on Nov 1-4 in the delay announcement. It was not necessary to include.

I don't think they would. If the AP/DVC IT glitch was the only problem, then RunDisney could have just "guarantee" that any AP/DVC folks who got shut out during the first day of general registration could register later. I don't see the races filling up on the first day or two anyway.

They can't do that because they have such a small limit on the number of AP/DVC spots. It's often harder to get in through early registration than regular. They have no way of knowing how many AP/DVC members that might apply to, making it impossible to reserve an appropriate quantity of bibs, especially if it could exceed the number normally available for early registration.

Dug up the tweet that runDisney sent out when Light Side registration was first postponed:

"Registration for #StarWarsHalf at Disneyland has been temporarily postponed until a later date. Info on early & general reg. dates to come."
https://twitter.com/rundisney/status/839588942076866562

Very vague wording on an update to the registration dates, unlike what we are seeing now, which is that we'll get an update later this week.

Dug up the tweet that runDisney sent out when Light Side registration was first postponed:

"Registration for #StarWarsHalf at Disneyland has been temporarily postponed until a later date. Info on early & general reg. dates to come."
https://twitter.com/rundisney/status/839588942076866562

Very vague wording on an update to the registration dates, unlike what we are seeing now, which is that we'll get an update later this week.
The current message made mention of see you at the race, which is much less vague than the SW half message. So hopefully the race still goes on with the same dates.

Either dates are changing, the festival is splitting into other things or it’s going away.
I've been reading rumors on another site for quite awhile that they are slowly trying to make the Food & Wine booths a permanent thing, because the festival is so popular (see booths at the Flower & Garden Festival, and they have booths at that Festival of the Arts thing, right?)...so I wonder if you're right that the festival is technically going away, because the booths will always be there in some form. So it's Food & Wine time all the time. :scratchin

Well this sucks. I was supposed to get my link to register for W&D half back in January (from the cancelled 2017 marathon weekend half) and they kept pushing it and pushing it. So this isn't a sudden issue, it seems.

It does just amaze me that a company that does SO MUCH right has these GAPING HOLES in how certain things are handled. Eesh.
Give them a break, it's not like it's on the same weekend every year or anything. :)
Actually, it still could very well be an IT issue. People are still reporting an inability to access the benefits page of their AP/DVC account. Since they advertise early registration as a perk of the AP/DVC membership they could open themselves up to legal issues, not to mention a firestorm of pissed off AP/DVC members, if they go ahead with regular registration without giving them early access.

I'm not saying this is definitely what's going on here. Just that I wouldn't be so quick to write of IT issues as the cause for the delay.
Do you really think a company like Disney with as big of an IT department as they have, are unable to fix some code in simple script over the course of over a week? That takes minutes. It's also a red flag given they've known the sign-up date for months.

The current message made mention of see you at the race, which is much less vague than the SW half message. So hopefully the race still goes on with the same dates.
And it mentioned the specific race wknd dates. Still never know with rD or Disney in general, but this SOUNDS more like it’s still on that SWLS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter