Official Wine & Dine 2018

Could it be a sponsor thing????
Could very well be. Maybe they are ironing out the details of the contract and the sponsor wants to have their names attached to the event when the sign-ups go up. I saw the Star Wars race weekend recently switched to OtterBox so a sponsor change could happen.

Sooooo, everyone ready for this. Just for kicks and giggles, I called runDisney just to see what they would offer as a reason for the hold up. Would you all believe they told me to keep refreshing the page that registration is still on for sometime today? The CSR even went so far as to put me on a short hold (again) as if checking their information, and came back maintaining what was spoken in the first place. o_O

Is this new as of this year? I've always registered for AP/DVC week and never done that. It has always been available to find on active.com if you use the search function.

Then that's a flaw on the Active site's part. There's supposed to be a step to confirm your AP/DVC membership to verify that you're eligible to register.

Sooooo, everyone ready for this. Just for kicks and giggles, I called runDisney just to see what they would offer as a reason for the hold up. Would you all believe they told me to keep refreshing the page that registration is still on for sometime today? The CSR even went so far as to put me on a short hold (again) as if checking their information, and came back maintaining what was spoken in the first place. o_O
Sounds about right. :thumbsup2

Did you not bring up the fact that RunDisney tweeted confirmation that registration was delayed? They don't seem to be communicating well with their CSR's lol.

Anyone else notice the 10K is missing now from the registration page?
I was literally just going to throw it out there that maybe they are changing the race distances (maybe adding in a 10 miler or something) for the weekend

I searched Active and 3 charity registration pages come up. One only has the half, one has all of the races but says November 2-4, the other has all of the races and says November 1-4. :confused3

Interesting...so RunDisney has made at least 3 changes to the F&W pages this morning.

Edit...I could not find the 10K either after I read your post, but I just refreshed and it is back up! There are some very strange things going on at RunDisney this morning.

It will be interesting to see what they do I just hope they give decent enough notice on the new dates cause my work schedule is in flux and I need two weeks notice to put in time off ....

also, take this with a grain of salt, but word from some of my operation friends regarding last years race was that it lost a lot of money and they knew that going into the weekend. RD was not happy. I'm not sure what they would have to do with today's announcement but RD isn't always up to speed with these things..
I've wondered about that. I'd love to know what kind of revenue rD and WDW make off a typical race weekend, what they expect to make, at what point it stops making sense to do it at all.

I don't think the AP/DVC page has anything to do with active.com though....
it doesn't.

Assuming this is true, I wonder where the money was lost - the after-party? Was it not as well-attended since the race wasn't immediately before it?
It felt busy to me, but I know a huge number of runners couldn't attend because they couldn't spend the extra night to go.

My guess is that it's #5. With the Guardians ride going up near the Epcot parking lot, the gondolas going up at DHS and Epcot, those all interfere with the courses as they currently stand. I'm sure they are trying to find a different course but maybe they're trying to confirm it will be plausible before making thousands of people sign up, and then afterward realizing logistically it wouldn't work out and having to refund those people. This is all pure speculation on my part, but I could easily see this being the case.
The gondola construction at Int'l Gateway hasn't been impacting course routes - it's actually become a photo stop lol! But I can't wrap my head around how the GOTG/hotel construction might be a problem. Anyone have a map to show this?

ummm you don't need that link from that AP page...
Exactly. It's always been available via Googling, searching in Active, from friend,s social media - there is absolutely nothing that prevents someone form registering early without going through the MDE sign-in route.

ummm you don't need that link from that AP page...
Exactly. It's always been available via Googling, searching in Active, from friend,s social media - there is absolutely nothing that prevents someone form registering early without going through the MDE sign-in route.
Yep, this exactly. Back when I was an AP it always bugged me that Disney didn't do more to secure this link.

I'm telling you, I'm looking at it now... the tabs are there on the top but the 10k and challenge information is not there... nothing about chef Louis, etc.
OH. I see it now. I thought you meant on Active, not on runDisney's page itself...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter