OHANA Opens 7/9 - AWAITING REVIEWS :|

We used Uber when we ate there last week. Warning: we encountered surge pricing after our dinner ended (around 10:00) and paid more than twice the usual cost to get home.

The Polynesian monorail station could be open by then. It seems that “mid August” is the prediction based off of the Epcot monorail reopening announcement. They made it sound like the Epcot-Polynesian direct bus would be running until the monorail is up- so you should be okay. If it is open then just monorail all the way; and if it’s not open yet, then the direct bus should still be running from Epcot to the Poly.

(As a side note, If you’re walking the parks all day then the walk from the TTC to Ohana is pretty short. But totally understand if not.)

We are going Saturday August 21st. Walking is definitely out and I have bad knees. I just got my first Cortisone shots and am hoping they improve by then. Sounds like we will have to use a taxi from Epcot to the Poly. They really do not make it easy to dine at resorts, do they?
The walk from the TTC to the Poly lobby is less than 5 minutes, it is right there.

We used Uber when we ate there last week. Warning: we encountered surge pricing after our dinner ended (around 10:00) and paid more than twice the usual cost to get home.
Crazy thing that “surge” pricing....I think it’s sometimes simply “supply & demand” I was @ CSR in April and had a sun ADR at Beaches and Cream at 4:30. I got an Uber at 4:15 from GDT to Beach Club 4 miles away at cost of $9 my return Uber at 5:45 pm was $34! I was shocked and later realized how stupid I was not to just take Friendship boat over to HS and grab bus back to CSR!! My driver shrugged and said sometimes prices jump when there aren’t enough drivers....

It seems like people have already made up their minds, so not sure if there should be much anticipation for reviews.

I also admit I don't understand being "very very nervous" – it's just a restaurant. There are plenty of them at Disney World to eat at.
It's an expensive dinner, I want to enjoy it. I loved the old menu, so reviews help me make up my mind.

Does anyone know if they still give kids the chicken nuggets, fries, Mac and cheese plate?

Does anyone know if they still give kids the chicken nuggets, fries, Mac and cheese plate?

Yes! Disney Food Blog just posted a full review today and they had kids and got chicken tenders and fries and Mac and cheese (they also mentioned hot dogs being an option).

Yes! Disney Food Blog just posted a full review today and they had kids and got chicken tenders and fries and Mac and cheese (they also mentioned hot dogs being an option).
Awesomeeee thank you so much!

Just wanted to share…we had a reservation last night and we wanted to love it or at least like it. We actually talked with our server (he was working so hard) and the manager (he agreed with us about the problems with the food-but I think he has to be sympathetic to guests). We barely ate anything and left before dessert.

We try not to be too picky but last night was a disaster. The food was so bad-either over cooked (the chicken), way under cooked (basically raw steak), tasteless (several items), too sweet-and the servers kept putting stacks of dirty plates with food on them on a tray next our table (it was gross).

I know others have had okay experiences but ours was no where near okay. Again, we are Poly lovers and were thrilled when we got the reservation. We went into it with an open mind but it was just disappointing.

Just wanted to share…we had a reservation last night and we wanted to love it or at least like it. We actually talked with our server (he was working so hard) and the manager (he agreed with us about the problems with the food-but I think he has to be sympathetic to guests). We barely ate anything and left before dessert.

We try not to be too picky but last night was a disaster. The food was so bad-either over cooked (the chicken), way under cooked (basically raw steak), tasteless (several items), too sweet-and the servers kept putting stacks of dirty plates with food on them on a tray next our table (it was gross).

I know others have had okay experiences but ours was no where near okay. Again, we are Poly lovers and were thrilled when we got the reservation. We went into it with an open mind but it was just disappointing.

Sorry about your dinner. Did the manager allude to any changes they may make to the food options given he agreed with you?

Sorry about your dinner. Did the manager allude to any changes they may make to the food options given he agreed with you?
The manager did refund the meal. The did not comment at all really-he listened and agreed and then said he we should not have to pay for the meal. I told he right away that we were not asking for anything and it was our server that sent the manager. We did leave a full tip for our server.

Do they have a table for just two people? It’s just me and my husband. Or do we need to sit at a large table with people we don’t know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter