• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohio DVC Owners

Thank you! We do love our home resort! We were at Kidani last Christmas and our oldest got engaged that trip. We're getting close to having stayed at all of the DVC properties - need to do Riviera, Vero Beach, and of course Aulani!
I don't post much, usually tend to lurk lol, but whenever I hear someone mention Aulani I just have to comment! My wife and I just joined DVC this year and have our Welcome Home trip planned for the end of November/beginning of December at our Home Resort (Riviera.) We're excited!

Now when it comes to Aulani, that should be on EVERYONE'S list of DVC resorts to stay at. Aulani is a special place to my wife and I. It's actually where we got married and honeymooned at back in 2017! Such a beautiful and relaxing resort. Hawaii is just beautiful and relaxing in general. We plan on heading back to Aulani in 2022 for our 5 year anniversary, but this time on points lol.

That's awesome that you only have a few more resorts to cross off your list!

Hi Buckeyes!
We are on the west side of CLE (Avon Lake) and own at Poly. We have taken A LOT of trips to WDW over the years because my younger DS had a serious food allergy and WDW (and DCL) always did such a great job for him (Disneyland not so much). We waited way too long to buy DVC (we bought on our Fantasy cruise in 2016). Younger DS is 13 now and thankfully finally outgrew his allergy 2 years ago, my older DS is now 16 and he just loves all things Disney (but mostly the cruises).
We have done a few different airports to get the cheapest non-stop flights (I hate flying so I'd much rather take off and land only once): CLE of course, Akron, Columbus and Pittsburgh.
Most recently have been using Southwest,, Spirit or Frontier out of CLE, but DH won't fly Frontier anymore due to a huge problem we had with them in summer 2019. We do prefer Southwest because of the free luggage but they have a lot less non-stops out of CLE than they used to.
We had to cancel 2 WDW trips due to COVID but now have a bunch planned with different combos of the 4 of us due to different school breaks, kids activities, and a new dog. I so miss the days when we could just take the kids out of school and head to WDW!
Hoping that all the trips will happen!
First up is a last minute trip I just booked at SSR for just me and my mom for next week - we are going Frontier out of CLE (flight was $40 each round trip!!!!)
I am a HUGE, long-time Star Wars fan and this will be my first Galaxy's Edge experience - I know I am going to cry!

Last edited:
Hi Buckeyes!
We are on the west side of CLE (Avon Lake) and own at Poly. We have taken A LOT of trips to WDW over the years because my younger DS had a serious food allergy and WDW (and DCL) always did such a great job for him (Disneyland not so much). We waited way too long to buy DVC (we bought on our Fantasy cruise in 2016). Younger DS is 13 now and thankfully finally outgrew his allergy 2 years ago, my older DS is now 16 and he just loves all things Disney (but mostly the cruises).
We have done a few different airports to get the cheapest non-stop flights (I hate flying so I'd much rather take off and land only once): CLE of course, Akron, Columbus and Pittsburgh.
Most recently have been using Southwest,, Spirit or Frontier out of CLE, but DH won't fly Frontier anymore due to a huge problem we had with them in summer 2019. We do prefer Southwest because of the free luggage but they have a lot less non-stops out of CLE than they used to.
We had to cancel 2 WDW trips due to COVID but now have a bunch planned with different combos of the 4 of us due to different school breaks, kids activities, and a new dog. I so miss the days when we could just take the kids out of school and head to WDW!
Hoping that all the trips will happen!
First up is a last minute trip I just booked at SSR for just me and my mom for next week - we are going Frontier out of CLE (flight was $40 each round trip!!!!)
I am a HUGE, long-time Star Wars fan and this will be my first Galaxy's Edge experience - I know I am going to cry!
Have you checked flights out of Detroit? Delta has a lot of direct flights out of there.

We are on the east side. I tend to check CLE, PIT and CAK. We have never tried Southwest. I’m a little nervous about not having assigned seats.

Hello! Mason here! SSR owners since 2010 and finishing up our very first add-on with Aulani. We can use either CVG or DAY as far as airports, but CVG always has direct flights so that is the preference. We've flown Delta, Frontier and Allegiant. We have stayed in Hilton Head a few times and drove. But, always fly to Orlando.

Agreed. Unfortunately, there isn’t much going on. When is everyone’s next trip?

With our kids and my job remote, we decided to rent a place in Orlando for a couple months this winter, so our DVC stays will be “staycation” days here and there.
Next trip is in February - taking advantage of no school on President's Day and going for a long weekend. Had a waitlist for either BWV or BCV. Got the news a couple of weeks ago that we got the BCV.
We are going to reschedule an Aulani trip we were supposed to take in September. We have until July 2022 to use our travel certificate from our flights. We have a family vacation planned in October of 2021 so we probably won't do Aulani until late Spring of 2022.

We just did a long weekend with Veteran's Day, stayed at BCV and added an additional night at GFV. Going back for spring break, snagged a whole week in a 1bd Value at Jambo. Torn on whether or not I want the resort to open back up. I would like the restaurants to be open but not going to lie, having the place to ourselves all week sounds kind of appealing!

We just did a long weekend with Veteran's Day, stayed at BCV and added an additional night at GFV. Going back for spring break, snagged a whole week in a 1bd Value at Jambo. Torn on whether or not I want the resort to open back up. I would like the restaurants to be open but not going to lie, having the place to ourselves all week sounds kind of appealing!

Staying a couple nights at Kidani in January. I am interested to see how quiet it is around there.

Far east side of Columbus here. Member since 2009 and home resort is Animal Kingdom and love it. We go once a year with whole family and in mid February to early March just my wife and I. While I have some issues with the direction DVC is going I still love the trips and the value we have already gotten since 2009. Keep the dream alive.....Jim

We are brand new members at Poly and Vero beach. Our welcome trip is later this month. Just north of Columbus here and have 3 kids. We have flown Southwest to MCO and driven it. Ultimate plan is to go for most likely 4-7 days in WDW and then 2-3 at vero. Parks then a more relaxing end. We see adding on in a few years to make 2 trips a year more feasible. Probably at an Epcot resort.

We are brand new members at Poly and Vero beach. Our welcome trip is later this month. Just north of Columbus here and have 3 kids. We have flown Southwest to MCO and driven it. Ultimate plan is to go for most likely 4-7 days in WDW and then 2-3 at vero. Parks then a more relaxing end. We see adding on in a few years to make 2 trips a year more feasible. Probably at an Epcot resort.

Welcome home! We are considering adding on at the Poly soon.

How many of us DVC members keep AP status. We currently have AP however thinking of keeping them. We usually wait a 2-3 years and buy another AP. Have 2-3 trips. Now that the kids are older we are thinking of keeping out AP, and not the kids. Just curious how many Ohioans have AP? and DVC

How many of us DVC members keep AP status. We currently have AP however thinking of keeping them. We usually wait a 2-3 years and buy another AP. Have 2-3 trips. Now that the kids are older we are thinking of keeping out AP, and not the kids. Just curious how many Ohioans have AP? and DVC

With the gold AP discount it makes sense for us to keep them given how many days a year we spend in the parks. It is purely a cost/benefit analysis for us. If it were ever to swing the other way, I would just buy tickets when we go.

We have had AP’s since Dec 2016 continually. We were able to renew as Gold in our second AP year. We are currently good until June 2022 as we renewed early in order to book a park pass for Oct 2021 plus our current pass was extened to Jun 2021. We go 4 times a year at least typically and have passed a park turnstile between 18 and 34 days in a year on our passes. Probably 21-25 is a reasonable forward looking average. We went a little “Varsity” that first year including a day or two I did solo on a work trip. It was a good year to do it as that was our only retail AP. My schedule is flexible and we can easily plan at the 7+ month mark, plus we have the blessing of air travel with ease due to my job.

Last edited:
Our plan is to go once every two or three years so we don’t do AP. Plus we are resale and some get the special price on AP.

We have had our AP's since 2018. With the amount of days we spend in the parks, it's definitely worth it, especially with the Gold pass discount.

We have had our AP's since 2018. With the amount of days we spend in the parks, it's definitely worth it, especially with the Gold pass discount.
We bought resale so not eligible for AP discount. We only go every few years We bought DVC so we can have a nicer place to stay while we are there.

We got our first AP in 2019, didn't become DVC until 2020, but I was able to get gold passes instead of platinum for this year. So that's a savings.

Hello, This is my first time posting from NE Ohio. Moved here summer of '17 from Long Island. We were lucky to have a local airport to fly out of there but now we like to drive it. Dropping hrs off the trip from here makes it much more doable. I'm rescheduling a trip this June for one in 2022. I'm wondering how Feb or March is with the weather. Any advice for going thru the mountains? Thanks!

Hello, This is my first time posting from NE Ohio. Moved here summer of '17 from Long Island. We were lucky to have a local airport to fly out of there but now we like to drive it. Dropping hrs off the trip from here makes it much more doable. I'm rescheduling a trip this June for one in 2022. I'm wondering how Feb or March is with the weather. Any advice for going thru the mountains? Thanks!

Welcome!

February and March are a crapshoot for the drive from CLE. Usually once you get to Beckley, WV you are in the clear but winter weather can stretch as far down as NC if you are unlucky.

I don't have a lot of tips for how to deal with the mountain areas other than be careful. WV is the only state I have driven through where I actually believe the signs when they say "slow: 55mph curve ahead."

I was contemplating doing a 10-day trip and driving. Are there any midpoint cities that you like to spend the night / visit? Or, do you just drive straight through?
Rock Hill, SC is our go-to for halfway. We are heading down in 10 days from Cleveland area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter