Ohio DVC Owners

Right now we have tentative plans for March 2021 for a split stay at BWV and RIV. I would like to do an extra quick trip in January but, not entirely sure right now.

We are still planning on going starting New Years eve for a couple weeks. We had a lot of banked points in our resale contract we need to use before April. We have plans for the next years points already so we are on the fence or downgrading to a studio so we can bank our current points. Or renting for late 2021 or early 2022.
You can buy up to 24 points per year if you need a few extra. I bought some points on our August trip so that I wouldn’t have to borrow points from 2021.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/add-on-one-time-use-points/how-to/

I have never been on a DVC (or any hotel/WDW property) stay longer than a week. That sounds great. Would it be a split stay or all at one resort?
3 nights in a savannah view studio over at Kidani village. Then 9 nights at BLT in a 1 bedroom. BLT is our home resort but we thought it would be great to see the animals for a bit.

Our most recent and only real disney trip we did 9 nights at the poly and got 10 day park ticket. We went every day including the day we departed. We felt like we still had so much to see, but we wanted to stay a few more nights and still go to the parks 10 days. We found we were at sit down restaurants too much and my wife was doing all the disney races so we had to go to bed early for that. That might have contributed to not getting a lot done.

So this time we are taking a day off in the middle of the trip as well as the first night and checkout day we are skipping the parks. Should add more relaxation. We plan on going back to the room for a break on magic kingdom days and then closing the park out unlike our last trip. Maybe we will find we had too much park time but we are all so burnt out and really looking forward to a vacation. Every vacation since disney which was beginning of this past January has been cancelled.

3 nights in a savannah view studio over at Kidani village. Then 9 nights at BLT in a 1 bedroom. BLT is our home resort but we thought it would be great to see the animals for a bit.

Our most recent and only real disney trip we did 9 nights at the poly and got 10 day park ticket. We went every day including the day we departed. We felt like we still had so much to see, but we wanted to stay a few more nights and still go to the parks 10 days. We found we were at sit down restaurants too much and my wife was doing all the disney races so we had to go to bed early for that. That might have contributed to not getting a lot done.

So this time we are taking a day off in the middle of the trip as well as the first night and checkout day we are skipping the parks. Should add more relaxation. We plan on going back to the room for a break on magic kingdom days and then closing the park out unlike our last trip. Maybe we will find we had too much park time but we are all so burnt out and really looking forward to a vacation. Every vacation since disney which was beginning of this past January has been cancelled.
We had a 1BR lake view at BLT in August. We loved it.

We still have our Dec 17th -222nd trip planned. Looks like our lil guy with special needs is going to be spending the entire time in the room. His therapist has him touching his face with the mask and we are praying he will at least be able to keep it on from the car to the resort room.

I noticed some of the character meals are getting back going. I am so bummed that he will not be able to do them on this trip.

Greetings from Wayne County - Wooster.
We have owned at Boardwalk since 1995 when we lived in Cleveland. We like to go during the Food & Wine Festival in October.
We also own a few points at Vero Beach and have really enjoyed that resort in the Fall as well.

Greetings from Wayne County - Wooster.
We have owned at Boardwalk since 1995 when we lived in Cleveland. We like to go during the Food & Wine Festival in October.
We also own a few points at Vero Beach and have really enjoyed that resort in the Fall as well.
Welcome. We live in Chardon in Geauga County. We just bought this year.

Currently planning our first adults only weekend for the middle of November. We had a great resort-only first DVC stay with the family back in July (5 nights in 2-bedroom savannah view at Kidani), but my wife and I are desperate for the parks! Two nights at Copper Creek and a day at the Magic Kingdom with holiday decor should fit the bill. We've never been to WDW for the holidays.

Now we just need Florida to stay off DeWine's travel advisory list!

Currently planning our first adults only weekend for the middle of November. We had a great resort-only first DVC stay with the family back in July (5 nights in 2-bedroom savannah view at Kidani), but my wife and I are desperate for the parks! Two nights at Copper Creek and a day at the Magic Kingdom with holiday decor should fit the bill. We've never been to WDW for the holidays.

Now we just need Florida to stay off DeWine's travel advisory list!

We love the couples trip. My wife and I try and go alone in March every year. Have fun!

I don't know how close this group is watching the State of Ohio Travel Advisory, but it seems that they are now using a different metric for "rate of positivity" for Florida. There are about 3 or 4 ways to calculate this data. For some time, Johns Hopkins (the source for Ohio's metrics) were reporting one way and the state of Florida was reporting a different way. Now they match. Florida was at 12% last week and now is reported as 5% (Ohio is 6%).

Obviously this changes nothing in terms of spread, risk of travel, etc – but is important for anyone who needs to abide by the Ohio's travel advisory for school or work and is looking to take a trip to WDW. Seems that a quarantine period from Florida isn't too likely in the near term. Of course cases are on the rise nationally, so this post may be null and void by the time I hit "post reply"!

Just found this thread! We bought at AKV in 2012 after I got my husband drunk on a cruise and talked him into it :) We live in Columbus and usually drive when we take the whole family, but my husband and I try to do a couples trip each year, and we fly out of CMH for that one. Oh how I miss my happy place!

Just found this thread! We bought at AKV in 2012 after I got my husband drunk on a cruise and talked him into it :) We live in Columbus and usually drive when we take the whole family, but my husband and I try to do a couples trip each year, and we fly out of CMH for that one. Oh how I miss my happy place!

Welcome! We are AKV owners, too. Just joined DVC this year (perfect timing, lol). Had one stay at Kidani so far and that resort is amazing!

Welcome! We are AKV owners, too. Just joined DVC this year (perfect timing, lol). Had one stay at Kidani so far and that resort is amazing!
Thank you! We do love our home resort! We were at Kidani last Christmas and our oldest got engaged that trip. We're getting close to having stayed at all of the DVC properties - need to do Riviera, Vero Beach, and of course Aulani!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter