OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
After returning from WDW on December 26, I came down with the symptoms of Coronavirus (mainly low fever, sore throat) on December 27/28. DH took me to a walk-in clinic because I thought it was strep. Test was negative. Still don’t know what it was

No.

So far in Chicago (Illinois actually, but you know ;) ) 64 cases, no deaths as of today.

From the known cases so far, the average number of days since first symptoms appeared:
  • 7 days until severe and sudden onset of respiratory illness and pneumonia
  • 14 days until death
So, it could another week or so to see the first death report.

It’s important to monitor conditions in isolation/quarantine for any symptoms (even if it might be minor cold or flu) for a week. And, hopefully, you are near a family member who can take you to the hospital if it happens. It’s possible for some cases to go from minor symptoms walking at home to lying on the ICU bed within 24 hours.

No, and today I reached out to three friends in Seattle and their answer was also no. I’m about two hours away from Seattle, and our county has zero cases. And as a pharmacist I believe that number. No one has been into the pharmacy over the last few weeks with respiratory symptoms.

spokane county has announced our first confirmed cases-3 :(

From the known cases so far, the average number of days since first symptoms appeared:
  • 7 days until severe and sudden onset of respiratory illness and pneumonia
  • 14 days until death
So, it could another week or so to see the first death report.

It’s important to monitor conditions in isolation/quarantine for any symptoms (even if it might be minor cold or flu) for a week. And, hopefully, you are near a family member who can take you to the hospital if it happens. It’s possible for some cases to go from minor symptoms walking at home to lying on the ICU bed within 24 hours.

Thanks.

I was just answering the question with the latest news as of today.

No, and today I reached out to three friends in Seattle and their answer was also no. I’m about two hours away from Seattle, and our county has zero cases. And as a pharmacist I believe that number. No one has been into the pharmacy over the last few weeks with respiratory symptoms.

Infected individuals would not be going to the local pharmacy if they start experiencing pulmonary failures. They would be in the hospital bed.

Yes- a spouse of one of the teachers at our kids’ school and 2 coworkers from Seattle that work on one of my project teams.

So far from latest updates they are all mild and able to home quarantine. However an email from one said that mild means one of the worse flus shes ever had and she basically lays under 5 blankets, tries to drink soup, and in general wishes a tree would fall through her roof on her (direct quote). They are 30s, late 40s, and early 50s.

No. No cases in our hospital. I work there, I would know. No suspicious cases through the ER either. My niece works in one of the local pharmacies. They haven't noticed any uptick in dry-coughers asking about otc meds. So, I don't think it's here yet. We're a pretty small town.

No, but I believe many know someone who has had it but just not tested/diagnosed.
This! Personally I think the virus has been here for a while. We always get some "flu like symptoms" in the hospitals and LTC-negative for flu or strep etc. Usually just shrug off and docs say "viral" . This year though???? Wonder how many - if any-were just not diagnosed.
My brother lives in San Diego. A nasty respiratory virus ran through his house a few weeks ago. All his kids got it, and he just got over it. Was sick for 2 full weeks. It fit all the symptoms for Covid-19. His wife has it now, and they are going to get her tested.
Really hope not!
After returning from WDW on December 26, I came down with the symptoms of Coronavirus (mainly low fever, sore throat) on December 27/28. DH took me to a walk-in clinic because I thought it was strep. Test was negative. Still don’t know what it was
And they wouldn't test you now either unless your were imminent respiratory failure.
Infected individuals would not be going to the local pharmacy if they start experiencing pulmonary failures. They would be in the hospital bed.
Pulmonary/respiratory distress - yes hospital. BUt when I get cold or sore throat I send hubs to the store or if I run in I get it quick. By definition you gotta think most people in a pharmacy are sick (even if it's managing a chronic illness and need their meds).

Offshoot- I have seasonal allergies and asthma meaning I cough a lot, especially if there are odors or perfumes etc. Is anyone else afraid to cough out in public now? :)

This! Personally I think the virus has been here for a while. We always get some "flu like symptoms" in the hospitals and LTC-negative for flu or strep etc. Usually just shrug off and docs say "viral" . This year though???? Wonder how many - if any-were just not diagnosed.
Really hope not!
And they wouldn't test you now either unless your were imminent respiratory failure.
Pulmonary/respiratory distress - yes hospital. BUt when I get cold or sore throat I send hubs to the store or if I run in I get it quick. By definition you gotta think most people in a pharmacy are sick (even if it's managing a chronic illness and need their meds).

Offshoot- I have seasonal allergies and asthma meaning I cough a lot, especially if there are odors or perfumes etc. Is anyone else afraid to cough out in public now? :)

YES ::yes:: With my lung disease I always have a dry cough so yes, the other today at the store I suppressed my cough by constantly drinking water!

I do not know anyone that has tested positive or that has had severe symptoms.

Odds are though that the virus has been in the US since December. I'm sure there are lots of people who have or have had a mild case that don't know that's what they had. I had an illness after flying in Feb that involved chills, body aches, wheezing and chest pain/crackling. My DH got it a few weeks later when COVID was a more popular topic, but there were no tests. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter