OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
I don't know anyone. I did have some kind of similar sounding sickness in late January early February. I'm not a doctor going person, but do remember thinking at one point that I may have pneumonia. My chest was killing me, and I had a bad cough that lasted much longer than usual. I've been wondering for a couple days now if it was possible it was this. But nobody I was around got it, so not sure.

No one that I know of has been diagnosed. Then again, Indiana has only tested like 89 people. So odds are someone in my life might have it.

Our IDPH website - updated daily, which is appreciated!

A visual interpretation (pui - person under investigation):

newplot.png

Today I have developed, what I am very much hoping, is just a bad cold. Cough, wheezing like Darth Vader, tight chest, temperature, headache. In bed with hot water bottle and just taken over the counter nighttime cold and flu tablets.
I am going to self isolate just in case.

You should call your doctor. They may tell you to do what you are doing, but they may want to see you.

I wouldn't take any chances with wheezing and a tight chest plus fever.

Today I have developed, what I am very much hoping, is just a bad cold. Cough, wheezing like Darth Vader, tight chest, temperature, headache. In bed with hot water bottle and just taken over the counter nighttime cold and flu tablets.
I am going to self isolate just in case.
It makes me wonder if you should get tested just so they can add you to their new Coronavirus data base......or hopefully NOT! Take care. :hug:

I do not know anyone personally who has been confirmed but some were recently sick with symptoms consistent with the virus. Fortunately none of these sick were bad enough to get hospitalized though my nephew (healthy, late 20s) was pretty bad off for several days about 3-4 weeks ago. Hard to tell.

DH and DD17 were both sick with something horrible about a month ago. DH actually started with it after a trip to FL at the end of Jan. It held on for about 4 weeks. He had flu like symptoms and shortness of breath. He had to use an inhaler for a while.
DD 17 has asthma. She came down with a similar thing although her throat hurt badly in addition to everything else (fever, cough, etc). She was using the inhaler every couple of hours.
Both tested negative for flu. I’m now wondering if they had COVID-19.

I wouldn't expect to know anyone who has been confirmed to have Covid-19 because they'd have to be tested to confirm this. Due to such limited availability of tests, only a very, very narrow segment of people presenting symptoms are tested. I believe you have to be considered high-risk OR to have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive. I hope these limitations loosen up as tests become available, but right now so few have actually been tested that I wouldn't expect to know any of them.

There was something going around my kids' college in early February right after Christmas break that sounded like coronavirus.

One son with a lung issue was still wheezy in his cough last weekend. Makes you wonder.

I wouldn't expect to know anyone who has been confirmed to have Covid-19 because they'd have to be tested to confirm this. Due to such limited availability of tests, only a very, very narrow segment of people presenting symptoms are tested. I believe you have to be considered high-risk OR to have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive. I hope these limitations loosen up as tests become available, but right now so few have actually been tested that I wouldn't expect to know any of them.

We actually have a drive through testing site near us that had a car line of about 30 cars on the news today. You actually drive up in the car and are swabbed by nurses. I’m assuming you need a prescription or something from your doctor for it. It’s spreading quickly here outside Philadelphia.

No one I know personally but it was just announced that a staff member at one of the schools in my town tested positive 😷

YES ::yes:: With my lung disease I always have a dry cough so yes, the other today at the store I suppressed my cough by constantly drinking water!

I don’t know anyone who has it. We have ‘just’ four confirmed cases here so far.

Up until last week I had a nagging cough as I was getting over bronchitis and I felt so self conscious every time I’d cough.

I live in an area that is testing extensively. I was given a doctor's note for testing, but they cut the line 2 hours before testing ended, it was that long. I have to go back tomorrow morning. Hopefully its just a mild flu or bad cold. But who knows.

My DH has a coworker who suspects she has it. He has not had in person interaction with her in a month though (they work in different locations). She apparently has all of the coronavirus symptoms, but Drs won't test her because they have no tests available yet. She did not have contact with someone who she knew was recently in any of the hot spot areas, so hers would be a community transmission case.

I have connections to one person (in 3 different ways!). He is my boss’ doctor, my aunt’s client and a friend of a family friend. He was just back from the US and had a bit of a runny nose but didn’t meet any of the criteria for testing but decided to test himself anyway and was shocked when it came back positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter