OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

For those who use rideshare (Uber/Lyft) while staying at OKW, can they pick you up at your building or do you need to meet them at the Hospitality House?

I guess the same question (which may have a different answer) for the Minnie Vans.
When we used Minnie Vans, they picked us up at our building. I don't know for sure about other ride shares, but I think they do, too.

For those who use rideshare (Uber/Lyft) while staying at OKW, can they pick you up at your building or do you need to meet them at the Hospitality House?

I guess the same question (which may have a different answer) for the Minnie Vans.
We've used both Uber and Lyft there. We never had a problem getting picked up at our buildings. They will also drop you off at your building.
No need to walk to the HH.

Today marks 6 months out until my big family trip; staying in a HA Grand Villa (requesting building 63).

10 adults (grandparents, their 4 kids + spouses), a 5 year old, 3 year old (turning 3 mid-trip), and a baby. Lots of helping hands for the kiddos, thankfully!

For some it will be their first trip to WDW, for some others it will be their first trip staying on property.

My wife and I stayed at OKW in Sept 2020, when we were unable to cancel our DVC point rental when the parks reopened after COVID began. We loved the resort and the spacious rooms, so with a crew this big that wanted to stay together there was really only one choice of resort. Very excited for August!

Sounds amazing! The OKW GVs are just stunning and quite large. But even with how big they are, you're certainly going to fill it up with 10 adults and 3 kids!! Great fun and memories coming.....!

Today marks 6 months out until my big family trip; staying in a HA Grand Villa (requesting building 63).

10 adults (grandparents, their 4 kids + spouses), a 5 year old, 3 year old (turning 3 mid-trip), and a baby. Lots of helping hands for the kiddos, thankfully!

For some it will be their first trip to WDW, for some others it will be their first trip staying on property.

My wife and I stayed at OKW in Sept 2020, when we were unable to cancel our DVC point rental when the parks reopened after COVID began. We loved the resort and the spacious rooms, so with a crew this big that wanted to stay together there was really only one choice of resort. Very excited for August!
Very exciting! We stayed in a OKW GV in October for the first time with 6 adults and 3 kids (7,7,4) and had a great time! DD and her husband stayed on the pull-out sofa in the living room the first night but then they moved to a studio nearby. You have a housefull! So fun!

Sounds amazing! The OKW GVs are just stunning and quite large. But even with how big they are, you're certainly going to fill it up with 10 adults and 3 kids!! Great fun and memories coming.....!

Yeah, thankfully we're all pretty close. I'm sure there will be some friction but shouldn't be anything too bad 😅

I'm just glad I don't have to do dining reservations this weekend like I would have had to in the Before Times! They aren't ready yet to pick food plans lol

What building is good for a studio on Miller's Road? Thanks.
Really, for the most part, a studio is a studio at OKW, they are almost always located at the ends of the building, with the exception being the "U" shaped buildings.

If you want to be close to the Hospitality area, request buildings 15,16, 62. 63, or 64. Remember that 63 is mostly handicap/wheelchair accessible units.

If you want to be close to the Hospitality area, request buildings 15,16, 62. 63, or 64. Remember that 63 is mostly handicap/wheelchair accessible units.
Yet, it's my understanding that buildings 62, 63, and 64 are NOT classified as "near hospitality house". I can't understand that, when 23-27 are.

Yet, it's my understanding that buildings 62, 63, and 64 are NOT classified as "near hospitality house". I can't understand that, when 23-27 are.
Probably a few reasons. One may be that none of the Near HH building have the 2nd bathroom entrance in one bedroom and larger units, and that there are only 3 HA GVs at OKW, and 2 of them them are in bldg 63. And the 60s bldgs may be used as "overflow" if the near-HH rooms happen to be overbooked or under repair.

I've always guessed it's because of the elevators. If necessary they are closer to HH than some in that category so if the need arose for an elevator it's not a stretch to put someone booked HH there but also gives the larger non-HH category access to the elevator buildings.

Just spent two nights in a 1BR unit at OKW. Enjoyed it very much. We were in unit 5111, which looks over the green of one of the LBV holes. Fun watching the golfers out there while we were having our morning coffee. Despite the closeness to Buena Vista Dr, we did not find traffic noise to be an issue at all.

Biggest complaint is the silly fabric blinds which take many, many pulls on the cord to open/close them. And there are something like 8 of them.

Just spent two nights in a 1BR unit at OKW. Enjoyed it very much. We were in unit 5111, which looks over the green of one of the LBV holes. Fun watching the golfers out there while we were having our morning coffee. Despite the closeness to Buena Vista Dr, we did not find traffic noise to be an issue at all.

Biggest complaint is the silly fabric blinds which take many, many pulls on the cord to open/close them. And there are something like 8 of them.
Yes, I hate those blinds, too. I wish they'd go back to the wooden Venitian blinds they used to have. Love the resort, hate the blinds.

Is there a time when bell services stops delivering? We’ll be getting in late (10:30 - 11pm). We will have an owner’s locker and groceries at bell that we’ll want to get that night. It’s our first stay at OKW.

heh Took me a few visits but I think I have the technique down pat; two hands on the line. Pulling one after the other. Go as fast as you like, you don’t have to be gentle as the blinds are pretty rugged.

Hello, two questions:

Can you move the pullout chair into the master bedroom? Will it fit through the doorways?

What is the gurgling suitcase?!
That chair is quite heavy. It would be very difficult and could easily destroy the vinyl plank flooring. Please don't try to do it.

The gurgling suitcase is the resort's bar/lounge.

I wonder if it's possible to make a request that maintenance move the sleeper chair into the bedroom before arrival.
I doubt very seriously they will move the furniture around at all. Especially before arrival, as rooms can be re-assigned before you arrive. And with the King bed, I doubt the sleeper chair could be opened safely/comfortably in the master bedroom. If a child HAS to sleep in your room, and they're too big for the Pak N Play, I'd suggest a sleeping bag or SMALL air mattress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter