OKW Renovations - Consolidated List

Can someone tell me exactly what was done in this refurb? What can I expect to be different this year from last year in a 2 BR villa? I take it by the length, this was a full refurb/

Can someone tell me exactly what was done in this refurb? What can I expect to be different this year from last year in a 2 BR villa? I take it by the length, this was a full refurb/
Mostly the bathrooms, very generic looking with the shower in the master totally replaced. Picture on the wall replaced, sleeper sofa, sleeper chair replaced. Island renovated in the kitchen for the flat screen television. Soft goods replaced.

Mostly the bathrooms, very generic looking with the shower in the master totally replaced. Picture on the wall replaced, sleeper sofa, sleeper chair replaced. Island renovated in the kitchen for the flat screen television. Soft goods replaced.

Thanks Deb (or Bill). Any early reports on the pullout sofa? The last ones were worn out but the sleeper chair was extremely comfortable. Also, are there any pic's anywhere that actually show the changes in the bathrooms? Does the second bathroom still have a tub/shower or just a walk in shower? TIA

Thanks Deb (or Bill). Any early reports on the pullout sofa? The last ones were worn out but the sleeper chair was extremely comfortable. Also, are there any pic's anywhere that actually show the changes in the bathrooms? Does the second bathroom still have a tub/shower or just a walk in shower? TIA

pictures have been hard to come by. But I did see a few YouTube Videos. Search for Old Key West Refurbished Rooms. Then be mindful of the date they were posted. Anything from 2018 or newer should be good

We were at OKW HH area building 11 the week of February 18th.
That area 11, 12, 13, 14 has not been started.

Just was there for lunch at Olivia's on Friday and buildings 62,63,64 and 15 were blocked off. 16 17 and 18 were done.
Agree with this.

Did they replace the kitchen cabinets? They were beginning to show some real signs of wear and tear.

Any updates on the completion of renovations? We are checking into a HH studio April 28. Wondering if all the buildings will be finished by then?
Thank you!

Based on their pace, 20-22 should be done within a week or two I would guess.

We had a near HH reservation and I requested anything in 23-26, but was hoping for 23 and got it. 23 is our preferred spot, as it's easy to walk over to the HH, and also gives you bus options between the Peninsular Rd pickup or the pickup at HH (depending on the bus). Peninsular Rd is the first drop off point from the parks, so we would get off there. HH is the last pickup point on the way to the parks, so we'd usually walk over there for pickup (after swinging by Goods to Go for coffee/pop!). We couldn't have been happier...got exactly what I was hoping for!

Do you mind if I ask what room\view in 23?

Do you mind if I ask what room\view in 23?

I don't recall the exact room number -- it was on the top floor (which we also prefer, as we don't mind stairs) up the left steps as you're facing the building. A little further away from the road, which is good for noise. The view from the balcony was a pond directly under/out and one of the golf greens to the left. We go pretty hard at the parks (and take the buses, which is why I like having quick access to both bus stops), so the view is kind of secondary for us compared to the location within OKW.

All the buildings in HH (across from the main building) were blocked off on April 9 and building 54.
Thank you for posting. About how long will this renovation take? Just as an estimate, does anyone know when they will be back in service? Thank you!

It sounds like only HH buildings are still left to be refurbished. Is that correct? We have a studio, not HH booked in 2 weeks, and I'm hoping it is refurbished.

We have a grand villa reserved in HH starting tomorrow. Would they actual book us in a room that is not available?? If so, what are my options?

We have a grand villa reserved in HH starting tomorrow. Would they actual book us in a room that is not available?? If so, what are my options?
Hospitality house grand villa is building 25 and those renovations have been completed.

All the buildings in HH (across from the main building) were blocked off on April 9 and building 54.

Can you confirm that 15, 62, 63 & 64 are complete? I assume so if they've moved on to the last batch, but would rather have confirmation before I update my info. Thanks!

does anyone have refurbished 3 bedroom grand villa pictures?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

was it a refurb grand villa? pictures? please and thanks!!!!

Just checked in. Requested building 18 pre arrival, but it's under external refurb, walls blocking off the parking, and scaffolding & cherry pickers all around it.
Was assigned 1724, but the noise from the construction on 18 was too distracting if we had the balcony door open.
Asked to be moved and are now in 3726 - first time in the Turtle Pond area!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter