Old Rare Character Pics (Updated! Lots of New Pics on Page4)

I *loved* that parade so much!

Me too! I especially liked the red monkeys in it :goodvibes

PS - This may be the stupidest question in the world, but what does 'bumping' mean? I've seen it on several threads, but I don't know what it means . . .

PS - This may be the stupidest question in the world, but what does 'bumping' mean? I've seen it on several threads, but I don't know what it means . . .

I'm not sure exactly what it means in this forum, but I know that in other forums I've been to - it typically means they are reposting it so that someone who knows the answer to your question can answer it for you.

I've always believed that we say "bump", because that's exactly what posting does. In the forums, topics that have lots of posts will constantly be 'bumped' up to the top of the page, while topics that are overlooked or just lacking in posts will filter to the bottom. :)

I LOVE this thread! :love:
I've actually called up my mom asking if she could locate my childhood pics from the World. Hopefully I'll have plenty of pictures to post soon, until then, keep posting! It brings back so many wonderful memories!

I absolutely love the Mexican Pooh but I was wondering if anybody has the old Pooh photo. I got one taken when I was four, in 1989, but I have no clue where it is. Pooh, at that time, had a honey pot on top of his head...:confused3

I found this picture of Pooh with his honey pot from 1987:
2007_0717Image0015.jpg

Also, do you notice how in these pictures, the guests are just milling around the characters? There was no organized line, I don't remember a handler-DS got himself into more pictures, I'm sure, because he would just run up and hug any character he saw!

2007_0717Image0016.jpg

I got the Gummi Bears on DVD for my step kids for Christmas this year. they LOVE it!! My step daughter wants to know if they will be at Disneyworld, but I'm pretty sure they've been permanently retired. It was SUCH a great show with some veteran voices. I believe it was pooh or tiggers voice actor that was the voice of Tummi Gummi. Catchy theme song too...:goodvibes

Anyone remember this at Epcot? It's from March 1991.

EPCOTcharacters.jpg

I posted a couple more pics on the "Old WDW Pics" thread. I wish the Three Little Pigs still made non-parade appearances! Robin Hood has made a major transformation (much softer face). Thanks for sharing!

Here is Gus from 1971:

2242519979_45fa0c7b88.jpg

I have some pics I'll scan & post when I get home from work that I found when digging through old photos to use in my Disney CMO Video. If you want to watch the first 20 seconds of so of the video, you can sort-of see some of the pictures, including me with the White Rabbit and Goofy in a KILT! I promise I'll get these scanned and posted ASAP, so you can see them better. They're really great! I'd positively LOVE to see Goofy out again wearing that outfit!! (Which just goes to prove, there WERE characters at Epcot back when it originally opened!)

http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-cmo-applicant.php?CMODID=CMO-6A82F115B5491BCAB70EBF2CFA0BD52B

Wow these are interesting pictures! The characters from Oliver and Company and The Great Mouse Detective are especially interesting to me! :)

Anyone remember this at Epcot? It's from March 1991.

EPCOTcharacters.jpg

I have a picture/video of me when I was about 5 (96 maybe?) right by this car and some lady is dancing with me and I am bouncing a huge globe ball. If I find it I will definitaly put it up.

I know these aren't rare characters but they are a little bit older. These were taken at Disneyland in 1991 when my family and I went there for my 3rd birthday.
DSCF2572.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter