? on overall size of parks...

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
We have been to the 4 Disney parks and are thinking of US/IOA this summer. We were at US about 7 years ago and didn't cover it in 1 day. Which WDW park would you say is closest in size to IOA? I know crowds are a factor etc., but we will have FOTL acces(if RPR opens on time) and are planning on purchasing the 5 day bonus pass. We want to have down time to enjoy the resort ..our kids are 7 & 11. Will we run out of things to do? This is a last minute type trip and we can't afford to add any other parks or major attractions...so we plan to fill in time at the pool(s). Thanks for any opinions...Anyone else brave enough to be at RPR on the 18 of June?

If you didn't cover USF 7 years back, I'll assume you go at a slow pace. You will not run out of things to do. I suppose Animal Kingdom is the closet size-wise, not attraction-wise...

Thanks rocketman23...we were there over Memorial day weekend and the crowds were huge and we had a 5 yr old and a 9 mo old...so no we weren't moving at a quick pace;) but now with the express pass and on site perks things sound much smoother. We did almost all of AK last summer (July 4) before it closed at 6p.m. and later on went to MK for the fireworks I guess the 5 day pass is overkill....but nice to have if kids want to stay at Nickelodean Studios for a long time!

Five day pass is not overkill. We were there last year for five days and are doing it again this summer. It will give you the time you want to enjoy the resort pool. You don't have to go commando style. Relax, enjoy, ride things over and over again if you want to.

I am starting to get a little excited, but haven't mentioned anything to the kids as the whole thing can change. We would change to avoid the conflict at my folks if not for the $320 penalty ATA will charge...DH figured that's basically the ticket cost (give or take;) )for the 5 day...yeah, we don't do commando style very well...have never used EE. We like to sleep on our vacation and kids are nightowls.

Here's some park sizes from Tim O'Brien's "The Amusement Park Guide":

Animal Kingdom: 500 acres
USF: 444 acres
Busch Gardens Tampa: 335 acres
Epcot: 300 acres
Sea World: 135 acres
IOA: 110 acres
Magic Kingdom: 100 acres

I think Disney-MGM is about 100 acres, although it seems a lot smaller. AK seems smaller too, but they have lots of land for the buffalo to roam. :)

The USF number seems high.
Could that represent all of Universal Orlando including IOA and the resorts?
Just askin, cause it really doesn't seem THAT large.
HAVE FUN

the Animal Parks, AK and BGT, would be the largest due to the expanses of land home to where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play.
HAVE FUN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter