Orlando area hotel for 2 days before Wish cruise

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
We were hoping to stay in the Orlando area for a couple nights before our Wish cruise. We don't need to be near Disney parks as we don't plan to visit (just did that recently). I am hoping for something with a fun pool area for kids (8 and 10) and decent food options. We won't have a car; we plan to Uber to Port Canaveral morning of the cruise. Any suggestions?

Assuming you are flying into MCO, I'd just book a hotel in the general area north of the airport. There are lots of hotels there with pools and pretty much all toe chain-type restaurants nearby.

I was thinking maybe Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress or something similar. Something with a large pool area ideally. Any thoughts?

The last time I sailed from Port Canaveral, my family stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport. It's a mile or so away and your stay includes free breakfast. The Hyatt at the airport is also a good hotel too

If you venture to the port area, Holiday Inn Club Vacations (used to be Ron Jon Resort) is a great option, we stayed there a couple of times 10 - 15 years ago, great pool area, stuff for kids to do and close to the restaurants at the port.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek and Wyndham Bonnet Creek have great pool areas for kids.

We were hoping to stay in the Orlando area for a couple nights before our Wish cruise. We don't need to be near Disney parks as we don't plan to visit (just did that recently). I am hoping for something with a fun pool area for kids (8 and 10) and decent food options. We won't have a car; we plan to Uber to Port Canaveral morning of the cruise. Any suggestions?
If you want to be guaranteed an early port arrival and boarding time, stay at a Disney hotel and take the Disney Cruiseline bus to port.

Look into the Gaylord hotel and resort. We stayed at the one in Dallas and it was very fun and had an amazing pool and waterpark (plus mini golf, laser tag, etc.)

I was thinking one of the Universal hotels could be fun. Cabana Bay has an amazing pool and prices are usually reasonable. Also, City Walk is fun to explore in the evening and a good place to have dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter