OT - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys.... :hug:

I wouldn't care, I wouldn't really want Robert's Dad to do it, I just don't want her feeling like she can pick and choose bits of the wedding.... I would like one of my uncles to do it, but I feel mean picking!

Bob xoxox

Have them both if that's what you want. It's your special day (and your dps) and there is no definitive list as to who can give you away.

Feeling a bit upset now. My Mum's having a massive go at me over who is going to give me away at the wedding, and I mean screaming at me.... :sad1:

Hello everyone :)

Thats sad Bob, you can never please everyone though. So just try your best to please yourself, your the main person that has to smile ;)

I had a fun weekend which should make you smile, I was made best man a few weeks ago and ever since then i've been e-mailing him outrageous fancy dress costumes I may make him wear on the night.

Well....... It was the happy couples enagagement party this weekend and I was announced best man. At which point he called me up, explained to everyone what I had been doing and then said it was pay back time.

At this point YMCA came on and I had to do the whole routine in front of everyone. Luckily half way through they made the ushers join in too! Have a look on fb !!

Lets just say I have sent him some further more adventurous e-mail this week! :laughing:

Hello everyone :)

Thats sad Bob, you can never please everyone though. So just try your best to please yourself, your the main person that has to smile ;)

I had a fun weekend which should make you smile, I was made best man a few weeks ago and ever since then i've been e-mailing him outrageous fancy dress costumes I may make him wear on the night.

Well....... It was the happy couples enagagement party this weekend and I was announced best man. At which point he called me up, explained to everyone what I had been doing and then said it was pay back time.

At this point YMCA came on and I had to do the whole routine in front of everyone. Luckily half way through they made the ushers join in too! Have a look on fb !!

Lets just say I have sent him some further more adventurous e-mail this week! :laughing:

Brilliant....absolutly brilliant :lmao: :rotfl2:

Have them both if that's what you want. It's your special day (and your dps) and there is no definitive list as to who can give you away.
I agree totally!!

Would be really lovely if you had an uncle on each side walk you down. :)

Brilliant....absolutly brilliant :lmao: :rotfl2:

I have to hand it to him, he well and truely got me. I just have to ensure that the stag weekend has similar results!

It'll be a tough one to beat for sheer surprise though, my face must of been a picture

I agree totally!!

Would be really lovely if you had an uncle on each side walk you down. :)

My Church doesn't have an aisle. The way you walk to the front there is literally only enough room for two people....

Bob xoxoxox

I have to hand it to him, he well and truely got me. I just have to ensure that the stag weekend has similar results!

It'll be a tough one to beat for sheer surprise though, my face must of been a picture
Haha, if I was the bride I'd be sooo scared of the stag now!

My Church doesn't have an aisle. The way you walk to the front there is literally only enough room for two people....

Bob xoxoxox
You could have one in front and one behind....like bodyguards. lol.

Or one walks you and one walks your Mum...?

You could have one in front and one behind....like bodyguards. lol.

Or one walks you and one walks your Mum...?

They've both got partners/wives to walk down if they aren't walking me down. Plus, my Mum doesn't want anyone who isn't my Dad.

I think this whole row has errupted because she secretly wants to do it. I just don't want her walking me down the aisle.

I only have to ask someone soon because its all on the form I have to fill in for the Vicar!!

Bob xoxoxox

Oich...why not just walk on your own then? Saves any hassle....

Just go for whatever you feel and don;t let anyone else tell you it's right or wrong.

I'm not a very nice person and it always gets me down when I see nice people (like you) getting in sticky situations trying to please others.No matter what you choose people will get over it, even if it does cause some upset and if it feels right in your heart then it's the one to go for.

I only have to ask someone soon because its all on the form I have to fill in for the Vicar!!

Bob xoxoxox

Surely they don't need the exact details that soon! Blimey

It's a very tough position to be in, sorry you find yourself in this predicament. Can you choose between either one of your uncle's?

Do you have a favourite, if so you have your answer. You just need to tell everyone and try to explain to your mum why which you may or may not be able to do.

Is that where the real difficulty is?

Oich...why not just walk on your own then? Saves any hassle....

Just go for whatever you feel and don;t let anyone else tell you it's right or wrong.

I'm not a very nice person and it always gets me down when I see nice people (like you) getting in sticky situations trying to please others.No matter what you choose people will get over it, even if it does cause some upset and if it feels right in your heart then it's the one to go for.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What upset me the most is when she said I wasn't considering anyone elses feeling with regards to the wedding. I got really upset then.... :sad1:

Surely they don't need the exact details that soon! Blimey

It's a very tough position to be in, sorry you find yourself in this predicament. Can you choose between either one of your uncle's?

Do you have a favourite, if so you have your answer. You just need to tell everyone and try to explain to your mum why which you may or may not be able to do.

Is that where the real difficulty is?

The problem is, one is my Godfather also, and he lives further away so I see him less and don't know him as well. My other uncle is not my Godfather, but lives nearer so I see him a lot.... That is the problem. I might have a chat with Robert about it later. If one could do something else (Maybe be an Usher or something?) I might not feel so bad....

Bob xoxoxox

Right I'm off into a total waste of time meeting...should be back in about an hour or so :wave2:

What upset me the most is when she said I wasn't considering anyone elses feeling with regards to the wedding. I got really upset then.... :sad1:

:hug: Of course you did, if you weren't considering anyone else's feelings you wouldn't be in a quandry to start with. It's just a stressful time for you and your mum.

I'm sure the vicar wouldn't mind if you put 'yet to be decided' on the form and promised to let him know with 6 months notice or something. Seeing as you're the first 2010 date then he must be used to getting info a lot further out than 15 months! I'm led to believe they're rather understading people. Hee hee hee.

oooh! Why not get one to walk you and one to do the speech?!

As you see the one who isn;t your godfather more maybe get him to do the speech as he knows you better. (And you can quietly explain this to him) and then tell the other one you'd be honoured for him to walk you! And not mention the speech. Both equally important jobs! :)

Right I'm off into a total waste of time meeting...should be back in about an hour or so :wave2:

:wave2:

:hug: Of course you did, if you weren't considering anyone else's feelings you wouldn't be in a quandry to start with. It's just a stressful time for you and your mum.

I'm sure the vicar wouldn't mind if you put 'yet to be decided' on the form and promised to let him know with 6 months notice or something. Seeing as you're the first 2010 date then he must be used to getting info a lot further out than 15 months! I'm led to believe they're rather understading people. Hee hee hee.

I think I know which one I'll ask, but I want to talk it over with Robert because I want to try and think of something my other uncle can do, so he isn't left out....

I'm already going to have to do that with the bridesmaids because one of the girls I want to ask isn't back up home until Dec.14th..... I want to ask them both together and in person, just 'cause I think its nicer...

Robert is going to have a hell of a job catching all of his- He's asking his brother to be his best man, then his friend Sam who we can never seem catch is hopefully going to be an usher, and then he's wanting to ask his Uncle Ben who lives in Spain to be another Usher.....!

Bob xoxoxox

oooh! Why not get one to walk you and one to do the speech?!

As you see the one who isn;t your godfather more maybe get him to do the speech as he knows you better. (And you can quietly explain this to him) and then tell the other one you'd be honoured for him to walk you! And not mention the speech. Both equally important jobs! :)

I did think about that, but it seems like giving one the nice job, and one the scary job!!

I want to talk to Robert about it tonight.... I have an idea, but I'd need him to agree!

Bob xoxoxox

I did think about that, but it seems like giving one the nice job, and one the scary job!!

I want to talk to Robert about it tonight.... I have an idea, but I'd need him to agree!

Bob xoxoxox
:hug:

Good luck sorting it all out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter