Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Disney is in a tricky situation with paid add ons. One of the reasons it’s the most popular theme park in the world is because it’s unlike any other place in the world. They’re selling magic, a chance to visit the “happiest place on earth” and escape from reality for a bit. I am a big supporter of capitalism and free markets but the Disney experience is unique because they have done a better job than most at disguising that they are, in fact, a for profit business at the end of the day. Their pay to play options are much less in your face than their competitors which I believe is done by design. Being visually grouped into economic classes doesn’t feel very magical.

For this reason I don’t think they’ll go the same route as many other theme parks and roll out a completely paid FP system. I believe they will continue to develop paid add on experiences but will do their best to preserve the “magic” during core park hours and attempt to keep the pay for play options running in the background as much as possible.

100% :thumbsup2

I'm guessing you never go to other parks but Disney? Paid fast pass systems work so much better. No picking you time for a ride and wait times are usually really short. Instead of waiting 2 hours to get on a ride, the fast pass wait time is around 20 minutes. Cause of that I am able to get multiple rides on many attractions.

Oh as you can see, I didn't say being a capitalist was bad or good.

So asking if I've gone to other parks doesn't make sense. I have many times, and gladly paid for it many times.

I'm just a bit surprised you are a capitalist, but then again....

If I want to ride Tower of Terror multiple times in a day plus other attractions I should be able to. With Disney's FP at this moment you really can't. I'm surprised so many are ok with riding an attraction once a day.

I have noticed that ever since the shutdown happened the Disney Elitist Attitude has really come out online everywhere. Its been in the parks for awhile now too. Its the " I paid a lot of money for this vacation so I can do what I want" attitude.

I have a 6 month old and an thinking of taking her next year. I know she would love the Magic but the elitist attitude is giving me second thoughts. I just want to know where it came from and why years ago you didn't see it as much.

Folks probably got used to paid FP at other parks, then complain about it at WDW.

Non-elitism when it comes to Disney is to accept the rules they put in place, not telling others how they should enjoy Disney.

:scratchin

Oh as you can see, I didn't say being a capitalist was bad or good.

So asking if I've gone to other parks doesn't make sense. I have many times, and gladly paid for it many times.

I'm just a bit surprised you are a capitalist, but then again....

Folks probably got used to paid FP at other parks, then complain about it at WDW.

:scratchin
For me why I don't like FP at Disney is whole scheduling of times to ride attractions. In my mind the point of getting a fast pass is so I can get on multiple attractions cause of lower wait times. Plus I should be able to re-ride multiple attractions in the same day. That's how all other parks work with their fast pass. I just wish Disney could find a way to keep it free but make it work like other parks.

For me why I don't like FP at Disney is whole scheduling of times to ride attractions. In my mind the point of getting a fast pass is so I can get on multiple attractions cause of lower wait times. Plus I should be able to re-ride multiple attractions in the same day. That's how all other parks work with their fast pass. I just wish Disney could find a way to keep it free but make it work like other parks.
It's not possible to let everyone re-ride multiple attractions like you want. There just isn't enough ride capacity. It works in other parks because it is a pay feature and therefore only a fraction of guests actually have it. You can still do what you're talking about with the current fast pass system (pre-COVID) if you get to a park at rope drop and focus on only riding attractions.

I'm interested in seeing what Disney comes up with, and will reserve judgment until then - but I agree with the previous posters who commented about how most of Disney's existing upcharge experiences definitely seem less "in your face" than what other parks are offering. When I visited Universal and Sea World, I walked away at the end of the day having had an OK time but feeling like I was nickel and dimed all day long. At Disney, we happily pay for some of their premium offerings but feel like we also feel like we can have great day with or without the "extras."

Just not possible to do both. the reason it works at other parks is that everybody doesn't have a fastpass. If everybody has one that works like other parks you are essentially back to normal standby line times which negates the purpose of what you want to do.

The unlimited skip the line passes like universal, six flags and other have only works when supply of those is limited.

So when disney maks it included in the price for everybody they have to find a way to limit it in other ways which is where you get the 3 FP setup from.

It's not possible to let everyone re-ride multiple attractions like you want. There just isn't enough ride capacity. It works in other parks because it is a pay feature and therefore only a fraction of guests actually have it. You can still do what you're talking about with the current fast pass system (pre-COVID) if you get to a park at rope drop and focus on only riding attractions.
There is 2 ways to fix that. Either build a lot more attractions, which we know is not happening as they don't have to money to do that, or you lower the amount of FP available per day. Let the rope droppers have the advantage.

Other then FP being free, I don't see the benefit of it. Does anyone ever go to a park and like to re-ride multiple attractions? Or most of you ok with doing riding everything once? Like I said it's an easy fix for FP while keeping it free. Make it a first come first serve system. I would gladly rope drop and pick everything I want to ride including re-rides right at open.

There is 2 ways to fix that. Either build a lot more attractions, which we know is not happening as they don't have to money to do that, or you lower the amount of FP available per day. Let the rope droppers have the advantage

I don't see how fewer FPs help. If number of people in the park are the sam and there are fewer FPs available then people won't be able to FP as many rides and will have to do standby resulting in the end getting on less rides in a day and certainly not letting them ride multiple rides multiple times.

I don't see how fewer FPs help. If number of people in the park are the sam and there are fewer FPs available then people won't be able to FP as many rides and will have to do standby resulting in the end getting on less rides in a day and certainly not letting them ride multiple rides multiple times.
That's why FP system needs to be revamped. Rumor has it its going back to the way it used to be with no advance booking.

There is 2 ways to fix that. Either build a lot more attractions, which we know is not happening as they don't have to money to do that, or you lower the amount of FP available per day. Let the rope droppers have the advantage.

Other then FP being free, I don't see the benefit of it. Does anyone ever go to a park and like to re-ride multiple attractions? Or most of you ok with doing riding everything once? Like I said it's an easy fix for FP while keeping it free. Make it a first come first serve system. I would gladly rope drop and pick everything I want to ride including re-rides right at open.

Given social distancing needs now, I can't imagine Disney wanting to encourage everyone to get to the parks right at opening.

You're ok with rope dropping but not ok with getting up 60 days out from your trip to reserve the fast passes you want? Booking beforehand lets you head to one of the upper tier rides at rope drop if you so choose instead of having to rush to grab a fast pass.

Given social distancing needs now, I can't imagine Disney wanting to encourage everyone to get to the parks right at opening.
FP isn't an option right now. When the parks get back to normal I'm hoping the FP system is completely overhauled. I hope the rumors of it going to back to old way comes back.

You're ok with rope dropping but not ok with getting up 60 days out from your trip to reserve the fast passes you want? Booking beforehand lets you head to one of the upper tier rides at rope drop if you so choose instead of having to rush to grab a fast pass.
The reason I don't like 60 days out is I never stay on property. Its not worth the money and there are cheaper places to stay off site as well as better food offerings.

In a way .. some FPs (high demand attractions) are "paid" as it is. The only way (before all this) to guarantee the high demand FPs like FoP, Slinky, (and eventually Tron and Guardians) is to have a 5+ day RESORT stay. So you are paying a premium to stay on-site, and paying more (to stay longer than other guests).

Because those FPs are advertised as "free" .. is where people get upset that they can't get them, but in reality they are PAID. I know I've opted for longer on-site stays just to get to help skip the lines on certain rides with the young kids.

Well no wonder you want the current system to go away.
That's part of it. I have been to enough other parks to see why the paid system is better. Not saying Disney has to start charging for it.

When I go to parks I almost always get the fast pass. I want to be able it ride everything in 1 day as well as re-ride the ones I like many times. I can't do that at Disney.

He didn't respond to my question about it so I'm guessing that is made up. I've seen rumors of coming changes after COVID is in the past, but I haven't seen that they're scrapping FP+ totally.
Its not made up. He did say FP will still be around but probably going back to more like it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter