Park hopping on October 1st

ajh1388

Earning My Ears
What’s everyone’s take on park hopping on October 1st? We have park reservations for MK on the 1st and plan on being in the park all day. However I’m seeing a lot of people online hoping to park hop to MK after 2. However I’m not sure that’s going to be the case. I have a feeling due to capacity they are only going to allow people in that have a confirmed MK reservation. I believe this also might be the case on 4th of July with fireworks coming back and might give us a glimpse of what’s going to happen on October 1st. I just feel bad for the people who bought park hopper with hopes of hopping to MK on October 1st

After 2:00. Or not. No one has any idea. If 100% open, it could be like New Years or Easter, or not.

After 2:00. Or not. No one has any idea. If 100% open, it could be like New Years or Easter, or not.
I understand anything is just speculation at this point. I just don’t see them allowing park hopping to MK even at 2:00 even if capacity limits are back to 100% because I believe the park would be at capacity by then

I understand anything is just speculation at this point. I just don’t see them allowing park hopping to MK even at 2:00 even if capacity limits are back to 100% because I believe the park would be at capacity by then
Only happened 2 or 3 times in the last 20+ years.

Capacity. Park hopping has not been restricted once since the new system. Search threads on pre COVID capacity and has f you have an ADR or are at a resort you haven’t been denied entry since like 2000.

I would guess there will be limited parkhopping to MK as I would expect it to be at capacity that day. The other parks, I would not expect much trouble. EPCOT can handle crowds easily, so even with the new ride and evening show opening that day, it shouldn't be too hard.

Could be okay but Not 100% reliable plan for July 4th or Oct 1st.

WDW explains on the site they will send push notifications to guests thru MDE when parks hit hopping capacity. They haven’t used it yet but there is a system in place for if it’s ever needed.

What’s everyone’s take on park hopping on October 1st? We have park reservations for MK on the 1st and plan on being in the park all day. However I’m seeing a lot of people online hoping to park hop to MK after 2. However I’m not sure that’s going to be the case. I have a feeling due to capacity they are only going to allow people in that have a confirmed MK reservation. I believe this also might be the case on 4th of July with fireworks coming back and might give us a glimpse of what’s going to happen on October 1st. I just feel bad for the people who bought park hopper with hopes of hopping to MK on October 1st
I’m with you - would not be at all surprised if Disney forbids park hopping to MK on October 1, or closes the park to hopping after a certain number of hopping guests enter. Having the park pass system allows them to control the number of people in the park very effectively. And obviously they know that thousands will be hoping to hop there if they couldn’t get a park pass reservation.

I do think July 4 will be the first real test of hopping ability. Fireworks are definitely a game changer for hopping, at least until they bring back nighttime spectaculars at HS and AK. I would say, if you plan to hop on either July 4 or Oct 1, be at the park gates well in advance of 2pm to line up. What I would do is make an early lunch/brunch ADR around 11:30am at one of the monorail resorts, uber there or take the Disney Springs bus so you don't have a parked car that needs relocating, and then walk/monorail to MK gates around 1pm to be first in line to enter right at 2pm. Assuming we still have the 2pm hopping restriction of course.

We have MK reservations on October 1st. My concern is whether or not you are guaranteed re-entry if you leave the park at which you have a reservation and then want to come back later.

Unless they do something totally unique on 10/1, you have always been guaranteed reentry to your reserved park.

Glad to hear it, thanks! That will be our first post-reopening resort stay with park reservations, and we generally need to take a break in the middle of the day.

Unless they do something totally unique on 10/1, you have always been guaranteed reentry to your reserved park.

I think that’s the whole premise of this post though—that they may be doing things differently on October 1 because they simply cannot accommodate the amount of people who want to be there for the evening festivities. I think it is up in the air whether reentry will be available.

I think that’s the whole premise of this post though—that they may be doing things differently on October 1 because they simply cannot accommodate the amount of people who want to be there for the evening festivities. I think it is up in the air whether reentry will be available.
Yes I get that. I do think park hopping may be restricted that day, but I personally doubt they will deny re entry to people who have a MK reservation. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
I think they’ll control hopping (by canceling it) before they’ll refuse re-entry. Their policy guarantees re-entry and states hopping can be shut down at any time. The easiest way for them to control how many people are in MK that day is to give out however many park reservations they want and then say “no hopping” that day.

I think they’ll control hopping (by canceling it) before they’ll refuse re-entry. Their policy guarantees re-entry and states hopping can be shut down at any time. The easiest way for them to control how many people are in MK that day is to give out however many park reservations they want and then say “no hopping” that day.
I don’t see any written policy that reentry is guaranteed. It never was before Covid when parks hit capacity.

I don’t see any written policy that reentry is guaranteed. It never was before Covid when parks hit capacity.
There were no park reservations before COVID-19, either. The park pass reservations policy is that you can leave and re-enter your reserved park. And the park hopping policy states that hopping is not guaranteed. So if Disney wants to limit the number of people in MK on October 1, all they need to do is allow only that many park reservations and not allow any hopping to MK that day. Guests who have MK reservations Oct. 1 can leave and re-enter, guests who don’t have MK reservations Oct. 1 can’t enter at all.

There were no park reservations before COVID-19, either. The park pass reservations policy is that you can leave and re-enter your reserved park. And the park hopping policy states that hopping is not guaranteed. So if Disney wants to limit the number of people in MK on October 1, all they need to do is allow only that many park reservations and not allow any hopping to MK that day. Guests who have MK reservations Oct. 1 can leave and re-enter, guests who don’t have MK reservations Oct. 1 can’t enter at all.
But WHERE does it say that is the policy? I don’t think it does, and it has never been tested. Yes nobody has been denied reentry with a park pass, but nobody has been denied entry with a hopper either. It’s untested ground. So we are just speculating that guests could reenter with a park pass if a park were to get so full it is closed to hopping. My point is just that we won’t know that’s true until we actually see a park get so full that hopping is shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter