Parties of 4 having to split into 2 rooms?

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
We are looking to travel to Europe in 2008. While that brochure is not out yet, I've been looking through thte 2007 one and found that there is a little asterisk under the pricing that says if you are a party of 4 with two people over age 14 they will put you into two rooms and charge the double price.

Now I don't really mind paying the double price, it really isn't that much different, but I am not crazy about having to split up into two rooms. I assume I will have to take dd and go to one room while dh takes ds into another room.

Can any families of 4 who have gone on one of the European tours comment on this. Do they really make you split up? Did you get rooms near each other? Are connecting rooms possible? I'm just wondering how this works in reality.

[And I know there is another thread here on parties of 5 but I'm not looking to complain or debate, I just want info]

I've never been on a Disney Adventure but most hotel rooms here in Europe only have a one double bed in them or 2 singles. They are not like most in the US where 2 doubles is standard. Because of this, yes older groups are split up but interconnecting rooms are often available. It is often the cheaper/family hotels that have larger capacity, the smarter ones used for these trips don't.

Hope this helps.

On the London/Paris trip last year, I ended up in a double room in Paris and it was, indeed, 2 twin sized beds (maybe they were doubles, but they were single person beds, at any rate). So, that's the reason, as lochy691 indicated. The European hotels don't do two larger beds, like we do.

Even American chain hotels often don't have larger than two twins in Europe.

And yes, I agree about the 'family room' comment - we used to stay in pensions (guest houses) in Germany as that was the only way to have room for 2 adults and 2 children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter