Passholders now have to show app to get any discounts

It was a Guest Relations plaid.. They generally know what they are talking about. Not sure why you insist on being so snarky about it. I was simply stating that the insistence that "they won't take your phone away" is misguided.
Um, I only said the CM was surely right. Nothing more.

Glad I don’t go to any 6 flags ever.
I've also seen them in a couple of sporting event arenas where it is cashless. If you have cash, you can go to a reverse ATM. You put in the cash and it spits out a debit card with your cash balance on it.

I've also seen them in a couple of sporting event arenas where it is cashless. If you have cash, you can go to a reverse ATM. You put in the cash and it spits out a debit card with your cash balance on it.
I don't see what the big deal is. I rarely use cash anymore. It's much easier to use my debit card.

I don't see what the big deal is. I rarely use cash anymore. It's much easier to use my debit card.
The fact that going cashless means most kids don't have a clue how to count cash anymore.... Also for the parks I would have rather gave my son 30$ cash than worry about his losing the visa gift card. Used to put cash in one of them necklaces(tube) that floats and water proof. Can't do that with a card.

Absolute nirvana for any business is automated debiting of an account. No physical medium, no staffing, no review. Customer probably won't know the transaction occurred. Certainly won't reign in such transactions in anything other a long interval. So how do you get there? By stopping the first option of a physical card. Get people moving toward on line, like say showing in the app the end date. Then move to a QR code in the app to move payments on line, and stop accepting cash. Then bolster with multi-day subscriptions also in the app. Now, in the space of 18 months, certainly within 3 years, the whole idea of going to a Disney park is virtual, where transactions can happen in the dark. Ingenious!

Apps like Truebill might have arisen due to combating this phenomenon.

All this drama because they didn't train the cast members to write a exp date on the back like they used to before covid....?

Might be more, that you no longer have to bother to go get a new card.... unlike in the past where annual pass renewal still required a visit to Guest Service upon your first visit after renewal. My guess is Disney would prefer that Passholders not take up time at guest services anymore, and it's likly that soon even if you do.... there won't be a physical card anyway.

Me... I'm just glad there is still an Annual Pass program for some of us.... my guess is it won't always be that way.

Wouldn't they just use scanners kinda like how they tap magic bands at the table? If they want to scan the code on the phone that is..
I am only speaking to what has been happening at Disneyland. They don't HAVE portable scanners at the table service restaurants.
The risk of theft. That is the concern. ID theft or unauthorized charges on a card or misusing a cash transfer app on a phone.

Debit cards access some type of account behind the debit card.
What about the risk of losing your cash? You wouldn't believe how much cash I have seen on the ground at the parks over the years. People drop it and don't notice, all the time.

Use credit cards instead. Lots of built in theft/unauthorized charge protection and no threat to your bank account being drained.

I've largely stopped using physical cards or cash. I use Google Pay most places, including at Disneyland. In addition, I've shifted almost all my merchandise purchases at the park to the Mobile Checkout option. It's amazing to just scan items using my phone, get my passholder discount automatically, and basically walk out the door after flashing a QR code and grabbing a bag from a CM at the exit. Disneyland is very much pushing transactions towards being "tap to pay." I don't see any pushback on it. The people still using cash hold up the lines. It's annoying.

Funny. Good one!

(I don't want to sound rude, so I did not give numbers. But I meant a small amount of cash compared to what could be at risk of losing if the account behind the card was breached. For example, loosing $1,000 in cash compared to losing a lot of dollars if the account was breached. When the cards are backed by big accounts, it makes you handle the account differently.) "Small" can be seen as relative. Small to Elon Musk is different than small to Ms. Bibbidi.
Credit cards, my friend. You're liable for exactly ZERO dollars in unauthorized charges.

All this drama because they didn't train the cast members to write a exp date on the back like they used to before covid....?
Not all wrote it down and it really means nothing more than a reminder to guest. A quick dab of polish remover and a sharpie one could change the date.

---------------------------------------------------------

This just came out and is about as close to an official stance from Disney to get a discount as I have ever seen.

287640965_967686153908206_5851808659012575773_n.jpg

Hi all, I know this thread it a little old but I'm hoping someone knows....

Instead of scrolling through the tickets on the app to find&show the AP, can you show the "ANNUAL" affiliation from MagicMobile, like we have to do for DVC (to show the "DVC Y")? Or not, because that doesn't have an expiration date? Or do they scan the QR code there to prove it's current?

All these phone-based methods of proving what you are entitled to is confusing and if I could streamline to just showing the MagicMobile for both, that would be great (DVC doesn't seem to have any other option, so would like to use that for AP as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter